• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

infomon

Smash Scientist
B_AWAL:
- welcome
- your sig is hilarious
- you needn't read this thread to post here. But we recommend you check out some of the other, slimmer threads, like the OP of the stickies
- yea, make WiFi challenges in the WiFi thread.... we shall test you.... mwaha...
- there aren't any like super-amazing Sonic players to look up to. I mean, ppl often take a character like Lucario or MK, and they can just watch vids of Azen or M2K, etc. to learn how that character "should" be played. It's not the same for Sonic, there's not a lot of tangible agreement about how Sonic should work, there are different styles and it seems really important that we learn how to mix-up our playstyle as much as possible during a single match. Since Sonic generally has lots of options, but they're all punishable if they're expected, lol.

So yeah, check the Winning Steak Cinemas for some inspiration, but try to develop your Sonic by learning to read other ppl, and deciding for yourself how to punish them. Just IMO.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles.
(SAB2 and Sonic Rush are very good games too though)
:093:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Hey Camalange speaking of that game when is Sonic the hedgehog 3 and Knuckles coming out? same goes for SB64.
lol when I first read this, I was like, "It's BEEN out." but then I realized you were referring to the Wii download :laugh:

I honestly don't know. I still have my Genesis and N64 so I play it oldschool.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Yeah but I didn't know those consoles still were around but still good for you to keep those consoles after all these years.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
It feels SO GREAT TO BE HERE AMONGST OTHER SONIC PLAYERS :-)

I have a goal to send Sonic 2 MID TIER!!!!

BTW, I hate fighting Snake, Olimar, Pikachu, Falco and Wario!!! They are always a pain!!! :-/ Beatable, but a pain none-the-less

Boxob.

Smash Lord
No.

No no no no no.

I've been such a good boxoboy, don't make me flame the **** out of things/people/you.

>_>

Don't worry about tiers, Sonic isn't moving anywhere soon.

I DID IT :D

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
sonic is in 19th place in the tourney rankings, right behind donkey kong, if that doesnt get him to mid tier, nothing else will lol

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It cancels your attack altogether, no matter what part of the move you're in, as long as you're on the ground.

If Sonic had that in Brawl, oh man.
Yeah, I found out about that on day one, it's freaking awesome.
If he had that in Brawl, I'd orgasm multiple times.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
SONIC WILL GO TO MID TIER!!!

New technique(Can prolly only b used against zss, peach or diddy) that I just started using

Glidetoss + spindash cancel = Spintossing

Glidetoss - grab item, then roll either right or left but press a or the c-stick direction your going

Spindash canceling - do sonics side B and press block before Sonic backs up all the way

In order to Spintoss

run in desired direction
Spindash cancel
and then do a glidetoss

it'll trip however ur fighting out!!!

Warning, it's easier to do when you glidetoss the opposite way you were running originally. in order to do it forward your going to have to pause for between a second and half a second.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Me and espy talked about this.

If sonic tripped (in real life) he would do some major damage to himself,things in his way,people in his way, and the invironment >_>

infomon

Smash Scientist
B_AWAL: that sounds pretty cool, I'll have to mess with that stuff. I rarely fight items ppl so I never bothered to adjust to boost-smashing etc. yet :/

B_AWAL

Smash Master
So yeah... I was playin in a practice tourney the other day, and for some odd reason several people complained about Sonic's speed and got mad at me cuz I wouldn't stop using it... WTH!?!

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
So RATS is finally up on YouTube eh?

That Fox was meh, but man, the end of the first match was too good. He called him out like 3 times on his rolls.

He uses the WiFi combo quite a bit, and doesn't really get punished for it, lol.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
he was very wild and unpredictable, but he also left himself open at times, but thats the point of being unpredictable is that you arent supposed to let the foe know when you are and are not vulnerable.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Kalm is teh win.

I have a ferret named Shoe. Ferrets=win, thus Kalm=win.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
****it, why didn't anyone tell him that praising Kalm kills threads?

There may be no hope for this topic now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom