• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Haha. Umm, wow. That was a long time ago. But I'm flattered, really. haha. Got some shiit for it cause some people said everyone already knew.

But on my defence I made the post befor Wolf was leaked, and Edited my post later to add the real pic.

PSI Locke22

Smash Apprentice
this may be kind of random but has anyone ever beat sonicmaster5 three times in a row or had a really good win?

Tenki

Smash Hero
I think I did at one point.

our connection is like, yellow or something (color blind :/ ) so it's not the best, and I've had BS lagacides or died to stuff that I saw coming so I'm sure he's probably had those moments as well, so our wins are kinda null lol.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
this may be kind of random but has anyone ever beat sonicmaster5 three times in a row or had a really good win?
who do you think you are??
lol just kidding i know who you is.
yes tenki did beat me a couple of times but i beat him, too. but like he said bad connection=null
cat only beat me once on green greens but i beat him there, too. frickin apples, wind, and boxes...

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
who do you think you are??
lol just kidding i know who you is.
yes tenki did beat me a couple of times but i beat him, too. but like he said bad connection=null
cat only beat me once on green greens but i beat him there, too. frickin apples, wind, and boxes...
Awesome stage is awesome.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
God, shut up PSI. >_> Your getting freaking annoying now. PT sucks, he's a poser, he doesn't even do anything. He just sits back like the coward he is and makes his pokemon do the work. He can go suck it.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Hey, PT runs faster than Sonic.

Watch him on Delfino.

in all seriousness though, Squirtle probably > Sonic, and Charizard is most likely neutralish with Sonic.

Ivy --> ?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Hey, PT runs faster than Sonic.

Watch him on Delfino.
lol, too good

in all seriousness though, Squirtle probably > Sonic, and Charizard is most likely neutralish with Sonic.

Ivy --> ?
I agree on the Squirtle/Charizard bit, as for Ivysaur, I'd either say neutral or Sonic advantage because Ivy has a good ground game and some beast moves, but he is WAAY to easy to gimp. I haven't played a good PT to really note any specifics :/

Tenki

Smash Hero
I played against someone who's good with Charizard. Squirtle's really good with jabs and aerials and kill moves. Ivy is cool, but I'm not sure if Ivy can keep Sonic away/counter the close range game as good as Olimar or Link can.

I mention those two characters because they ARE easy to gimp, but their close range/spacing game can make it difficult to get them to that point.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
That game looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AMAZING!
I KNOW RIGHT. I was doubtful for SOOO LONG, but now with all these trailers and sh*t that I watch, it just looks better and better. Every post-review is great, and I'm excited. If this game somehow manages to fail, I will forever drop Sonic as my favorite video game mascot and move onto Link. Then I will burn all of my Sonic possesion.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
im still feeling kinda ehhh... with the werehog aspect, it moves more fluid than before, but its basically just not fast enough

aeghrur

Smash Champion
I know what you mean KID, the werehog thing makes the game slower than Sonic speed, but still, it could be interesting. =/

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I don't think so.
It's basically like Sonic Adventure, just slightly slower.

But c'mon, you get those ridiculous daytime levels where you're just running at breakneck speeds.

Too good.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Man, you guys are such downers.
I mean look back at Sonic Adventure 2. If we had the same mindset we'd all be thinking,

Oh man those Sonic levels look so cool and cool new black hedgehog. But wtf? Robot walker levels with Robotnik and Tails?? Thats gunna slow the game down so much.

But it didnt, those kinds of levels turned out to be pretty **** fun. Sure they wernt as fast as the Sonic and Shadow Levels but didnt hold the game back any, now did it?

They could havt taken out the werehog parts, as well as taking away from the story, but if they want to add it and its not bad controls why not? I mean once you play through the game once you wont need to play those levels ever again if your so against them.
I still play SA2B all the time, Stage Select is my fav part.

Chin up dudes. It might even be fun.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
the thing about the robots, is that although it was a cliche, it wasnt a stupid overused one.
and because of the cliche they are using,it seems like the story might be kinda lame...

but i am trying to be optimistic, I mean chronicles wasnt a horrible failure, so sonic could be on the up and up again

also on a slight side note, one thing i really havent liked about the games since SA2 was that they started making sonic NOTICIBLY slower than sonic. now i know knuckles is slower but i would really like if he was closer to sonics speed the way he was in SA2 and before

Tenki

Smash Hero
one thing i really havent liked about the games since SA2 was that they started making sonic NOTICIBLY slower than sonic. now i know knuckles is slower but i would really like if he was closer to sonics speed the way he was in SA2 and before
Sonicfriends*?

during my 'catchuptosonicfanboys' phase, I watched the Sonic Movie on youtube, and one of the comments on one of the parts was that "omg tails is fast again!"

and it made me remember when Tails ran as fast as Sonic in the games.

And Knuckles kind of did, too, though I think he was slower in S3/K.

SiegK

Smash Champion
True, but bring yourself to understand that they were the same speed cause the limits of the games back then.
We all know Sonic is the iconic super speed character, but given the SEGA G. games, they did onto Knuckles and Tails as they did to Sonic.

And if your going to keep at this argument then you might as well say Sonic Rivals was a stupid idea too, but in reality Sonic Rivals 2 is a pretty fun game to pick up and play.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
rivals was teh one with the airboards right?
that junk was stupid as hell

and i said that chronicles was a good game...

i especially loved knuckles in the adventure series, because
1. he was slightly slower than sonic
2. even thought i didnt really like the treasure hunter aspect of his levels, they were big enough for me to run around in and punch stuff and not lose speed.
3. unlike sonic, he actually moved his hands back and forth while running as opposed to just holding them in a set position after a certain speed

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
its not a monumental achievement in gaming
but its not superaman 64 either

its a decent game that just happens to have sonic in it

ShinGaruda

Smash Journeyman
Well, tell me how fun it is, everyone, since I wanna save money.

Also, WHERE IS EVERYONE? I know there's midterm, but good grief!

SiegK

Smash Champion
Its alive in the hearts of its members. Its not active, but I wouldnt call it dead. I still wear my Tag and I see you wear yours. So as long as thats up. Id say its up.

Think of us as vets. The War may be over, but we still wear our medals of honor. Haha. Agree?

ShinGaruda

Smash Journeyman
Agreed. I'm wearing this tag in respect for something great that we had created. It's been prosperous for over a year (already!). Although I don't play as Sonic as much as I do Ganondorf, the S.S.S. has been left ingrained in my heart. A brotherhood, if you will. A true respect to a wonderful character who is impossible to forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom