• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Ah, Dragonbreath. I think you're my brother. We both share a loathing for all of the crappy-*** Sonic characters that have been emerging in the franchise. Good stuff.

My Sonic combo video is going to be absolutely sick. I'm going to release a trailer for it and everything.

I'mma reservin' all rights to use the song "Fuel" by Metallica in my vid. Sure, the song's about super fast cars but it totally fits the theme of the video---which is high octane pwnage. 'Sides, nobody is as epic as Metallica.

Smooth Criminal
Actually I had thought of making a C.Falcon combo video with that song two years ago... :p

But I suck with C.Falcon, so you can have the song. XD

If I ever do a Sonic one, I'd use.... well I still can't think of one. :p

I agree with the generic fancharacters (Red Sonic called Blade? Pfftt... how creative (SSBF))

I actually like the idea of Shadow Sonic recolor, since they can't go with a Mighty recolor, due to reserved rights.. and a purely black one would be kinda boring... (Except if you're a Sonic X fan.. you'd know there's a black Sonic that's not Shadow... episode 71 I think.. "The Black Trap")

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
And that's SUPER Tails, not HYPER Tails. :p

6 and less Chaos emeralds: Sonic /// Tails /// Knuckles

7 Chaos Emeralds Super Sonic /// Tails /// Super Knuckles

7 Super Emeralds Hyper Sonic /// Super Tails /// Hyper Knuckles

That's how it goes. :p Hyper Knuckles is not the equivalent of Super Sonic, BTW. Contrary to popular belief (thanks to the Archie Comics).

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master

6 and less Chaos emeralds: Powered-up Sonic /// Tails /// Knuckles

That's how it goes. :p Hyper Knuckles is not the equivalent of Super Sonic, BTW. Contrary to popular belief (thanks to the Archie Comics).
Fixed, to my liking

thumbswayup

Smash Master

the Archie Comics is where i derived all my knowledge of sonic.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace

As an addendum, everyone seems to think the Chaos Emeralds form of Shadow is Hyper Shadow, it isn't, it's Super Shadow.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
^^^

Can't say it's right or wrong.

I use the games for reference. (Even the Archie Comics uses elements from the games)

Each one chooses what storyline to follow. I used to follow Sonic X, but the Sonic Battle arc wasn't half as cool as the game. :p

I personally hate anything that has to do with Sally Acorn and the rest of the Freedom Fighters. XD The japanese characters (Amy, Fang, Metal, Eggman, Chaotix) always appealed to me better than the american ones (rotor, Bunny Rabbot, Sally, Ivo.. etc)

I did use to read those comics when I was a kid, though. And watched the SATAM as well.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
If I could somehow get my hands on all Archie Sonic comics, I would read them.. :p But It's easier for me to get ahold of the games. XD

Those games were awesome.. Sonic 1 has to have the most flawless soundtrack of all Sonic games. Every song was beautiful. Sonic & Knuckles had pwnsome music (more like pwnsome everything XD)

Wonder if we'll EVER get a game where you can turn super when you get 50 rings... like in the old days. :(

That was TRULY rewarding! I much rather have the ability to turn super at will, than the Time Attack mode. (Or the "Super Level" at the end).

thumbswayup

Smash Master
i agree. maybe a game like that will come in the future. oh, i also own many of the sonic comics. the old ones and the REALLY olds ones. i even have the issue where you first see hyper knuckles and he duels super sonic stashed somewhere. i havent read them in forever though. i might just search for them tonight.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
^^^^ that's old?

I remember the first Sonic & Knuckles issue. :p

I also recall one of the first battles between Sonic and a "fake" Sonic (possibly a Metal Sonic beta).

Anyway, I lost interest in the comic (and the whole Sonic thing) when Adventure came into the picture...
(I think Shadow kinda creeped me out)

With Sonic Advance I was brought back to the Sonic world, I guess. :D Then I tried Adventure games and I was immediately drawn back into the new-school Sonic-verse.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Wonder if we'll EVER get a game where you can turn super when you get 50 rings... like in the old days. :(

That was TRULY rewarding! I much rather have the ability to turn super at will, than the Time Attack mode. (Or the "Super Level" at the end).
Dont count on it:(

thumbswayup

Smash Master
i want more people to keep on playing melee no matter how good brawl is because melee is seriously the best multiplayer game i have ever played. ive only been playing it competitively since january and ive gotten really good and i want to continue this until im on level with the pros. that will take years though and brawl comes out in feburary :(

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
i want more people to keep on playing melee no matter how good brawl is because melee is seriously the best multiplayer game i have ever played. ive only been playing it competitively since january and ive gotten really good and i want to continue this until im on level with the pros. that will take years though and brawl comes out in feburary :(
It's the best multiplayer you've played until February 10th

Jisike

Smash Journeyman
Indeed... actually, for you brawl should be a godsend, because now you have a chance to start off on the same level as everyone else.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
that is the only great aspect of this because i love playing melee.
Aside from, (Deep Breath)

Stagebuilder,
finalsmash,
internet play,
in-game recording,
subspace emissary,
cinematic expansions,
better graphics,
more characters,
spectator matches,
third-party references,
new items,
original storyline,
and last but not least, HAS SONIC. . .

. . .right?

Garuda

Smash Ace
I gotta thank you Dragonbreath, because I was getting sick of the updates recently but... you helped me remember that this game is going to leave Melee to bite the dust, along with Mew2King. lawlz.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Aside from, (Deep Breath)

Stagebuilder,
finalsmash,
internet play,
in-game recording,
subspace emissary,
cinematic expansions,
better graphics,
more characters,
spectator matches,
third-party references,
new items,
original storyline,
and last but not least, HAS SONIC. . .

. . .right?
of course, but that all means nothing if brawl sucks.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Im not worried about that since reading Gimpys impressions....dont let the reviews foll you. however technical folk will have to think more in this game....grr

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Brawl is a completely different game than Melee
Now Dyce, I wouldnt say that.
It surly has more to it with better graphics. But its still Smash Bros. Same game, that just gets better and better. (In a literal sense then yes they are completely different games, but I dont think thats what you were getting at)
And if you were, then this post was pointless. Yay!
-------Back to new comic.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
I know its not really Sonic but I gotta say it here.

Pichu Out!

"Th-those... I’ve seen those before somewhere..."

Taken, Pikachu now wears Pichu's Blue Goggles!

They brought back a piece of Pichu, but not that character himself, just like they brought back Ness' moves but not Ness himself.

(Btw, I gotn really like what they did for Sonic's color changes. Kinda boring"

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Ban his ***, mods.
Or die tryin'?

Just kidding, that is a rather wonky catch phrase. Maybe someone can come up with a better one for him...

like SSSSSSSSSPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNN!!!

If nobody knows where that is from I will be greatly disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom