• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official sonic stage thread

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
most definetly. i want a sa2b stage, but sakurai might just be putting in sa2b music as a refrence. sakurai loves retro. if there are 2 stages per world, much like melee, then green hill and sa2b. bottom line, sonic's gonna have an awesome stage.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
but SA2B IS retro now if you think about it, Green Hill maybe a stage in the subspace emissary if no one thought of it, so that will probably happen but Green Forest is more likely

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
... well in SA2B there is a stage called Green Forest, in that stage sonic and shadow fight for the first time EVER!!! There is a fight arena already there to use.

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
thanks for explaining. i think it would work. and shadow probably would whoop leon anyway... you bring up great points by the way!

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
why thank you, you're too kind. However i do try to point out facts from sonic games for over members interest. Anyways back to the topic

Subspace emissary level for sonic?

Possibly Green Hill Zone (mainly i just want the loop the loop back)

Actual playable stage for sonic?

Green Forest
Metal Harbour
Pyramid Cave

Reason for this?

All three SA2B stages i mentioned have a actual fight arena that was playable in the game SA2B

SonicMario

Smash Master
The only thing I want to ask on a stage, is what music on a certain stage. Not that the stage itself is not important. But if we get something like Green Hill Zone, would it be the actual one or would it be a remix?

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
A classic level should have the classic music really, e.g. i would prefer the hear the Green Hill Zone in retro form and not so much remixed.
However we will know about Sonic's stage withing the next 2 week max i'm sure of it (i have a gut feeling that says this)

Zycor

Smash Apprentice
Live and Learn according to the disc it's "the main theme of SA2" meaning that it doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be included with ARK as a stage. Quite honestly I don't want to see Shadow in the game, but that's just me, I like Shadow but I don't want him in Brawl.

Angel Island could work, since it has the transition to be on fire. I wouldn't mind seeing anything pre-Sonic Heroes.

finalark

SNORLAX
As far as stages go, I'll be happy with just about anything, just so long as its not from Heroes onward.

But with Live and Learn I can only see it being played at the ARK. Anyone else have a location that would fit this song?

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
But other people could complain that it's a rip off of the Halberd. Also Angel Island is a good idea, however why not have a stage from SA2B that has already got a fight arena or city escape if a city is in the subspace emissary

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
... but how can they use that level as a stage? Surely it won't be like mute city will it? well i will be SA2B stage due to the music, and also the best Sonic game in history (in 3D that is)

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Well if Green Hill is that stage then that will probably be the way they use the stage, flying across the stage and stop off at certain places

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
I know, well Shadow the hedgehog game was also a terrible game but there are worse sonic games. Anyways, i want a SA2B stage as Sonic's official brawl stage

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
alright. sure, by the way, since we're talking about sonic, is the homing attack his official b attack? i'm not sure... didn't someone say it was a dk style punch?

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
? Homing Attack is like DK punch?? what on earth did that come from? well back to stages, I will stand by my ideas of a SA2B stage will appear.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Wikipedia says that on the SSBB topic? I don't remember that being said... well anyways, i'm just thinking which level in SA2B over than 3D Green Hill & the A.R.K. would everyone want

Magnacor

Smash Ace
alright. sure, by the way, since we're talking about sonic, is the homing attack his official b attack? i'm not sure... didn't someone say it was a dk style punch?
I believe you are thinking of his forward smash. While he charges it he winds up like Donkey Kong when he uses his Giant Punch. On topic again, I still think that Green Hill Zone would be the best since it is already 2-D, but if it had to be from a later Sonic game I'd go with the Space Colony Ark. I could also see a stage from Sonic and the Secret Rings working too.

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
SA2B is a strong contender for a stage based on the music, but I'd honestly prefer a 2-D Sonic game level, because they would all, for the most part, work out so well. I'm looking at Marble Zone from the original game, and it could have so much potential. From Sonic 2, I'd like either Aquatic Ruin, or much more likely, Chemical Plant Zone. However, I'd be content with either one. From Sonic 3, there are tons of possibilities/probabilties, but none really appeal to me instantly. Sonic & Knuckles more than make up for this however, possibilities everywhere you looked... Mushroom hill would work well, Flying Battery would be incredible, Sandopolis with the ghosts and rising sand would be really cool if done correctly, the boss battle from Lava Reef, the room where you fight knuckles from hidden palace, the clouds in Sky Sanctuary, and all the cool architecture, and finally, what I consider the best choice easily...

The Death Egg Zone. This level could have conveyer belts, one above you and one below you, and periodically gravity could change. This would mean there were no ledges and the only way to KO someone would be to knock them off of the side, but it would be seriously cool.

To be fair, SA2 also has some really good possibilities, including the Pyramid Areas, Pumpkin hill/Sky Rail (You know it would be cool), City Escape (The massive truck has a stage hazard, maybe?) or somewhere on the island. I also like the suggestion of Green Forest, which I find highly likely.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
A.R.K. is Shadow's Stage... i know people like that stage but not shadow but that is the truth. Shadow=A.R.K
Why is it Shadow's stage? Sonic has appeared in a game with the Ark in it so it is just as much his stage as it is Shadow's. Shadow might have more history with it then Sonic, but there is nothing stopping Sakurai from making it sonic's stage.

Perkinjy

Smash Rookie
Since Sonic's making his debut in this game and many players might never have played anything of his, it would make sense to me to have a main "classic" stage from the 2D games. Going into the other characters' stages seems a little hasty, before having established the atmosphere for Sonic himself in Brawl.

SA2B is a strong contender for a stage based on the music, but I'd honestly prefer a 2-D Sonic game level, because they would all, for the most part, work out so well. I'm looking at Marble Zone from the original game, and it could have so much potential. From Sonic 2, I'd like either Aquatic Ruin, or much more likely, Chemical Plant Zone.
Chemical Plant and Aquatic Ruin = ack! Hearing that drowning music was my worst nightmare in those levels.

I think they should have a big giant loop in Sonic's stage, no matter what stage it is. They're already using springs, but other than those, loops are vintage Sonic stage fare.

(I'm looking forward to playing SA2B, I just ordered it! Now I know where the cool song from Sonic's teaser is from.)

Zycor

Smash Apprentice
I can see many likely candidates, I'm sure this smash will have a Super Mario Bros. 3 stage... unless they have one >.> I know they did one for World in Melee, don't remember if they had 3 or not (I really wish I picked that game up...)

Sonic could have these most likely:
Sonic 1
Green Hill (I think this has a high possibility, who doesn't think this zone should be it?)
Scrap Brain has some possibility... (They could have those floors that open up and cause you to fall off the stage...)
Sonic 2
Emerald Hill like Green hill, it could have the platforms and all, this stage has just as much chance as Green Hill...
Aquatic Ruin (if not in stage form, I love the music from that level XD...)
Hill Top (it could be an alternate palette for Emerald hill... there are quite a few possibilities...)
Oil Ocean?... it could work
Death Egg could be in S.E. with Robotnik/Eggman as a boss

Sonic 3
Angel Island *see other post*
Sandopolis has many possibilities as well...
Hidden Palace
Sky Sanctuary

Sonic Adventure
Mystic Ruins where you fight Chaos and Knuckles... that area might work...
Egg Carrier (but it'd probably be very much like Halberd..)
That area where you fight Eggman last as Sonic (egg viper)

Sonic Adventure 2
Green Forest where Sonic and Shadow fight
Pyramid Cave Where Sonic/Eggman fight Egg Golem
Meteor Heard Knuckles and Rouge fought there...

I just picked what I felt would be creative... I might get my art skills and make some mock ups of what stages could look like for those levels, the possibilities are quite honestly endless.

Top Bottom