• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic rFAQ! New to Sonic? Have a quick question? Ask it here!

Tesh

Smash Hero
This video contains content from EMI, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
Sorry about that.
:/

infomon

Smash Scientist
whaaaaaaaaaaaat?

oh dear.... I didn't notice that had happened. I protest, because my work is a remix.
I will have to hax this. kthx

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
Ive never heard of such a thing, gotta try it sometime lol

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
I got a couple quick questions about MK. Ok, u know when MK does that annoying up-air>up-air>up-air>nado thing? I just wanna know what should I do to get out of the up-airs?

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
You could always DI and SDI up and out,either to the left or right depending on where your at on the stage. I would say try to Up-b out but that leaves you vulnerable especially seeing MK might try to read your landing. Staying grounded is the best possible way to avoid that pressure from Uair. I figured I'd try to help yah out there, though i' not really all that good at handling the consecutive uair situations myself. :p

On another note I've landed the perfect spindash combo about twice. And it was followed up by a nice and swift fresh Nair netting me like 53%. other time i forgot exactly what i followed up with afterward but i know my opponent was like wdf O_o afterwards. I'd also like to add that Nair KO's feel almost at satisfying as HA and utilt KO's.

Tesh

Smash Hero
SDI diagonally up and away as hard as you can and then spring (dair follow up if spring hits) him. You can't SDI nado, so don't let it get to that point.

reshiram

Smash Rookie
hey anyone got a good strategy for someone who likes to use sonic and move around a lot dodge and focus on spindash smash attacks and air attacks? mostly spindashing. ive even made a pretty good combo with a spindash. you spindash then jump when you hit them hitting them into the air and uppercut them with the spring jump. =3. but i still wanna get better with sonic =/ any ideas? oh and im still getting used to the abriviated names for moves so try to just call them what they are called ok? thx

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
-Spindash to spring isn't quite exactly your best option. Spindash>up aerial>spring up aerial can work if you read their airdodge after the first up air.
-If you're a player who likes to focus on spindash and run away a lot, you'll want to resort to spindash camping fairly often. If you get a lead, position yourself across the stage from your opponent and charge down b. Wait for them to either almost land on the ground or spotdodge, then release and try to hit them to before they land/ before they can shield after the spotdodge. Spindash is a good tool to use against landings onto the stage. Follow up your spindashes with up aerials>more up air juggles or with a forward aerial. You can attempt a back aerial, but this is better saved for higher percents so you don't stale back air as a kill move.
-An important aspect of a spindash-based-sonic style is proper use of shield cancels. Spindash shield cancel (SDSC), reverse spindash shield cancel (RSDSC), and aerial spindash shield cancel (ASCSC) are your most important tools. These are all to fake out your opponent and make them think you're approaching- I believe I remember Malcolm once saying something about how "Sonic has a million ways to make you think he's approaching, but no ways to actually approach".
-Basically, you have to force your opponent to make a mistakes via fakeouts, and punish it with either a spindash, dashgrab, or some sort of shorthopped aerial if you're close enough.
:093:

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
jband ill give you a tip

Jab>walk away, its the best mind**** ever

Life

Smash Hero
Just watch your spacing. Try not to get any closer than you absolutely must to hit. That's a start, at least. (And it's why I'm taking up Marth for a while.)

reshiram

Smash Rookie
hm.... i actually do spindash a lot like you suggested, but i also like spindash combos like spindash then jump (causing you to lift them with spindash) then mid-air spring to hit them with it then down air. and because if the spring if it misses it gets you into the air with time to recover and/or dodge their attacks. i also like moving around a lot so they cant keep track of me well, plus sonic can switch from stalling to weyleying in a second XD. but i seem to have a big problem with jigglypuff.... anything i can do there? it seems like those rollouts really get me.... spindash clanks with rollout (sometimes) so thats a good way to avoid, and you can jump it =/ but hes really tough to beat. im also pretty good at HP stalling with the spindash. i can handle getting damage high but my real problem is with knocking them out. sometimes i can prepare a smash as they run towards me and hit them but.... any ways to get a good easy knockout? and maybe ill try that up arial spindash combo and the shield cancel. all i do is prepair a spindash and hold down shield so it stops and shields right? i guess thats good for tricking opponents.

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
If Uhh jigglypuff is mostly an airborne character so you'll be mostly spacing fairs and bairs against her. Hit her out of the air with fair- it's quicker than and beats the majority of her aerial options. On the ground and on her landing space backairs on her, including rollout; if you don't bair his rollout then shield it and attempt to tilt it. Try to stay directly below jigglypuff when she's airborne and uair juggle her at lower percents. If you can get a grab when you have the lead, uthrow and just run away. She's forced to approach you and her weak approach options can be easily punished for good damage.
I'll answer more indepth and help jband out when I get home.

:phone:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
*Ahem.*

[collapse="Page stretcher or mental scare, you decide"]
[/collapse]

I beg to differ. What you see isn't always what you get.

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
On larger character's such as rob, d3, and bowser, it is possible to side B>footstool>ffnair into a jab lock at under 40%.
Down B>Nair is decent for damage racking and can be used as a kill option when your other attacks are too stale to kill at high %s.
Nair is excellent for reading airdodges and recoveries such as falco's side b.

:phone:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Nair OoS can be a surprise killer when Bair is too slow. Its really not that amazing for dealing with airdodges. Uair/Bair/Spring can punish those fine and the low lag of them makes it alot easier to turn it into a larger punish.

Strong Nair is 12 damage and its a single hit, useful after a spindash combo if you are worried about SDI on fair. People readying themselves to DI out of fair would have pretty crummy DI if you whip out a nair.

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
*Ahem.*

[collapse="Page stretcher or mental scare, you decide"]
[/collapse]

I beg to differ. What you see isn't always what you get.

-
im not phased at all.
WHAT THE DUCK REBNJDFKSLMGDFJGAKRGHSADHSFDGDFS

reshiram

Smash Rookie
........why dont you guys have a chat? if you do, ive had a hard time finding it. if you guys do have a chat, where is it? it would be a lot easier to discuss in a chat ._.

StarGalaxy777

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StarGalaxy
Question coming from a guy that picked up Sonic as a secondary 2 weeks ago

How do you skill shot with a game cube controller?

My button configuration is:

Y=Grab
X=Jump
Tap Jump off

Strangely enough I can do it easily with a wii chuck but something about the GC controllers is that they dont let me do it...assistance?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You can spinshot by hitting A right out of a sideB, and during DownB, you can spinshot by flicking c-stick up.

At least, those are my preferences. :applejack:

Tesh

Smash Hero
All I have to do is press A while charging side-B, but I don't think that works on gamecube controller.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Oh it does? I thought you had to just time it right after you release B.

Tesh

Smash Hero
On WiiChuk, you can set an action to "A+B" Assuming B is Special and A is attack (probably not needed), if you set "A+B" to grab you can just charge B, press A and it auto releases and spinshots. Its weird but it makes it super fast to spinshot ASC fast.

Top Bottom