• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Bros. Brawl Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vect0r

Smash Journeyman
Tripping has absolutely no point. Sure, it's funny sometimes when your opponent falls flat on his butt, but when you're in a critical situation, it's NOT fun.

I can't stand it when i trip in the heat of battle.

IDK

Smash Lord
so lol i was playing against my friend steven yesterday and he was ROB i was diddy. he was like "u just grabbed the edge from REALLY far away!" and i was like... "lulz... this is brawl steven". we had a few, "oh yeah, this is brawl" moments other than that one. he was running around with fox trying to kill me with his usmash. and i said "you know steven, if you spam your upsmash, it's going to decay..." he lol'd. that one sounds better out loud. i also double baired him with falco lol. the very end of his sex kick followed up with another. don't get me wrong i love brawl and i think it's better than melee. these were just some funny things that wouldn't happen in melee.

SlickSlicer

Smash Apprentice
my only complaint is that they kept viewtawful joe and for some raisin he does a driveby in his final smash. why did sakurai decide to give him a futuristic car?? also, when did joe learn to teleport people to apocalyptic mario kart tracks?

SAAKKKURRAAAAAIIII!

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
My complaints are few.

- I miss the bonuses you can get after completing a stage on classic.
- Classic should have had a CoOp mode
- Sonic should have been implemented better
- I miss a few of the good items from Melee
- Sakurai loves MetaKnight too much
- Sakurai bums Kojima

That's about it. Other than that I love Brawl to bits.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I miss the fast-paced speed of Melee. That's it. Brawl is actually a pretty good game. There's seriously nothing wrong with it.

truendymion

Smash Cadet
I miss the fast-paced speed of Melee. That's it. Brawl is actually a pretty good game. There's seriously nothing wrong with it.
I really don't understand what people mean when they say this! How is brawl slower? If anything brawl is faster!

And I like the fact that stun states are a lot shorter in Brawl so its easier to get out of combos.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I really don't understand what people mean when they say this! How is brawl slower? If anything brawl is faster!

And I like the fact that stun states are a lot shorter in Brawl so its easier to get out of combos.

It may be pretty complicated for somebody who hasn't played Melee before.....
Well, it's the actual gameplay that's faster, faster droppings, faster combos. faster attacks.. etc.. etc.. Melee in general, is very fast-paced. More so than Brawl, but it's not incredibly faster, than Brawl's gameplay. Just a tiny bit so.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
lol fast dropping always got me killed... brawl just should have left out MK. Sakurai put him in cause he wanted more chars from his own game, otherwise there'd be way cooler characters, like ROB...

viparagon

Smash Ace
IF you want it to be faster just do lightning melee. That would make it faster lol

Or you could just do what i do get ocarina, and remove tripping, and put in hitstun and lcancelling. WAh-lah, melee 2.0

.Marik

is a social misfit
IF you want it to be faster just do lightning melee. That would make it faster lol

Or you could just do what i do get ocarina, and remove tripping, and put in hitstun and lcancelling. WAh-lah, melee 2.0
Lightning Melee (Mode) is too fast, if you get my drift. It's not.... normal. Besides, I love Giant, and Metal modes. Those are awesome. :yoshi:

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
Meh, I love brawl but I thought of some new ones.

1.Stickers cant be used all that much
2.I HAET GETTING TROPHIES
3.Lack of a water tile in stage builder.
4.ROYS MAH BOI

Roihu

Smash Ace
lol fast dropping always got me killed... brawl just should have left out MK. Sakurai put him in cause he wanted more chars from his own game, otherwise there'd be way cooler characters, like ROB...
If you've ever played a Kirby game, you'd see why he was added. The creator of Mario could have invented Brawl and MK still would have been in by this time.
While Sakurai DOES favor MK, it still doesn't destroy the fact of how freaking awesome he is in the Kirby games.
If anything, MK was one of the most deserving characters to be in Brawl....just not that broken....

zacharia zako

Smash Journeyman
i havent played melee since brawl came out intil a couple weeks ago. I found out the ahrd way its extremely hard to recover form gettin smashed off the field. and yes the characters are lighter and faster compared to brawl. melee bowser could beat brawl fox by walking! lol its not that big of a difference but its still there.

Master Knight DH

Smash Journeyman
Here's mine that don't involve any character imbalances:

*Tripping - the single WORST concept to have been implemented in the game if you ask me. It can really ruin matches. Characters like Marth trip more frequently I hear, so what? It's still infrequent and random. And you would think that they must have intended for something representing that we all make mistakes, until you realize that these are video game characters who aren't supposed to do things like trip randomly.

*Multiple character usage - you know in SSE where you can use several characters? You can't do that in VS mode. What a tease! A little fine-tuning and I believe it would have been a good mode for standard tournaments among quite a few other things. But no, they want to waste a perfectly good idea for a concept for SSB. That's (car honk sound) (quacking sound)ing (quacking sound)ed up! (By the way, I posted about the idea here.)

*Bonus removal - why did they remove bonuses altogether? They were a good incentive to do better especially against the horrid AI that couldn't fight very well. Or heck, battles involving more technique would have been nice. (I'm not talking about getting as many KOs as possible, I'm talking about outperforming your opponent.)

Mizar

Smash Ace
I hate to see the gigantic pile of **** threads every day. People make threads about stupid questions or sometimes other crap that has barely anything to do with Smash bros.

I also want to thank you SP, for making this thread. It probably saved us alot of useless threads.

Where are the days that I could just go to smashboards and only see useful threads..

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
**** you Sakurai.

For Link and Ganondorf.

Seriously.

Programmer: Sir were programming the hookshot, now with double range from melee.
Sakura: What no! Make it a tether recovery like Zerosuit Samus! And call it Claw shot
Programmer: But sir, the hookshot is a staple of Zelda, the claw shot is just
Sakurai: **** that, Hookshot with double the range is going to kick *** for those "hardcores or whatever they call themselves" Make a tether recovery, so they can ***** while nubs enjoy it.
Programmer: Wait wut?
Sakurai: Make it easier for nubs, tether recovery!!!
Programmer: umm okay sir... about Link having Roc's cape-
Sakurai: Remove it! Link shouldn't be able to glide!
Programmer: Umm his Spin attack sir, we should nerf it...now how to make it balanced?
Sakurai: Balance? Dude time constraits, make it chargable and suck unless fully charged AND DONT MAKE THE CHARGE SAVABLE!!
Programmer: as you wish.....but about Ganondorf
Sakurai: **** that monster,
Programmer: He's 1 of the worlds most favourite villians...
Sakurai: FINE, Change his B
Programmer: We already did sir, It's now the lightning orb.
Sakurai: WHAAAAT!!!!! NO bring back the warlock punch that has almost no relevance to Zelda, and change his >B to him choking someone.
Programmer: Ganondorf choking? Cool...but sir.... his B move...
Sakurai: Screw the fans, they'll eat whatever I give them to eat!
Programmer: What about yoshi?
SakuraI: you know what? Im going to give him a break, lets buff up some of his attributes.
Programmer: Done that sir just looking for your final touches.
Sakurai: What have you done so far?
Programmer: Well, he can jump really high off the ground, and he has 2 mid air jumps! And his Egg toss grants an additional jump, the egg roll is fantastic too, really quick and goes through almost anything!
His egg lay has great reach sir, and his Down Smash has better range than before.
Sakurai: WHAT? NO 1 Mid air jump! Screw your ideas I have mine, we will give him some CG's and stuff to shutup some of those dudes...you know the ones... but not enough so that people realize I buffed him.
Programmer: Sir.... why do you toy with Ganondorf, Link and Yoshi?
Sakurai: Laugh with me Smith, laugh with me.
Programmer: Yes sir *laughs*
Sakurai: *laughs*
Miyamoto: What the **** is wrong with you?
Sakurai: My game..go away *laughs and crys*

Roihu

Smash Ace
**** you Sakurai.

For Link and Ganondorf.

Seriously.

Programmer: Sir were programming the hookshot, now with double range from melee.
Sakura: What no! Make it a tether recovery like Zerosuit Samus! And call it Claw shot
Sakurai: **** that, Hookshot with double the range is going to kick *** for those "hardcores or whatever they call themselves" Make a tether recovery, so they can ***** while nubs enjoy it.
Programmer: Umm his Spin attack sir, we should nerf it...now how to make it balanced?
Sakurai: Balance? Dude time constraits, make it chargable and suck unless fully charged AND DONT MAKE THE CHARGE SAVABLE!!
Sakurai: WHAAAAT!!!!! NO bring back the warlock punch that has almost no relevance to Zelda, and change his >B to him choking someone.
SakuraI: you know what? Im going to give him a break, lets buff up some of his attributes.
Programmer: Well, he can jump really high off the ground, and he has 2 mid air jumps! And his Egg toss grants an additional jump, the egg roll is fantastic too, really quick and goes through almost anything!
His egg lay has great reach sir, and his Down Smash has better range than before.
Sakurai: WHAT? NO 1 Mid air jump! Screw your ideas I have mine, we will give him some CG's and stuff to shutup some of those dudes...you know the ones... but not enough so that people realize I buffed him.
I love stories like this. They make me lol irl for some reason.
Also, what's multiple character usage and bonus that Master Knight DH said?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
**** you Sakurai.

For Link and Ganondorf.

Seriously.

Interesting story?

Master Knight DH

Smash Journeyman
Also, what's multiple character usage and bonus that Master Knight DH said?
Multiple character usage is just that. You know how you pick several characters for the same stage in SSE, right?

Bonuses are--were--awarded after a stage/match. But pretty much they were just there for fun. Unless you played Bonus mode in Melee.

YouAreOutOfMy5

Smash Apprentice
I really hoped that Bowser Jr. made it in Brawl.:( He'd be the first character to use a non-sword weapon (Bo-staff paintbrush) as his main attacks. On a side note, no shadow Mario transformation, it'd be too much of a Mario clone.

bearkiller

Smash Cadet
My main complaint is that they didin't fix the infinite grab and the chain grab which are a pain for some characters like lucas, nes, wario and others.

Smash Ace
my 3 (and only 3) complaints are these...

1. no Dr. Mario
2. no Roy
3. they changed the fastness of Melee.

if those three things were in, it'd be the perfect game. screw everything else (that's not in)

=2007=

Darkwashu

Smash Ace

Into my sig you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom