• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Bros. Brawl Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sol

Smash Lord
The only thing i don't like about Wifi (match with anyone) is when players are sometimes replaced with cpu's .. just give me a 1v1 or a triple death match!

Richard7

Smash Ace
They put just a *little* too much emphasis on SSE.
I believe that's the reason why online is less-than-good.
All of my complaints are little ones, so I'm not worried.
Yeah Subspace was COMPLETELY useless. I would of rathered them just have the FMVs and have no gameplay for it, because its just the same crap over and over. But I think what I would of liked better, is if Subspace didn't exist at all and they spent all that time making a good online system. It must of taken ages for them to make Subspace and yet it was completely crap and useless.

toshiakismash

Smash Rookie
omg i know freakin mewtwo is way better then lucario i cant believe they did that and he is not exactly like mewtwo they should have just made mewtwo a little better thats all:urg:

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
im only goin to complain about all the people who complain that "brawl sucks so much its nothing like melee at all" IF U WANT TO PLAY MELEE GO GET UR GAMECUBE AND PLAY IT NO ONE IS STOPPING YOU!!!

SHDW23

Smash Journeyman
im only goin to complain about all the people who complain that "brawl sucks so much its nothing like melee at all" IF U WANT TO PLAY MELEE GO GET UR GAMECUBE AND PLAY IT NO ONE IS STOPPING YOU!!!
Lord Bowser's right: you should all come play melee. there's no tripping, the ai is dumb as ****, and best of all you don't even need a gamecube, you can play it on your wii. Go Nintendo!

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
There's only a few things I hate.

-Link is the protagonist of the ever famous series: The Legend of Zelda. Yet in Brawl, he recovers like a brick. I think he deserves a bit more attention to be given (one of) the worst recovery in the game.
-The nerfing of a large chunk of the veteran roster.
-There should be a parade and marching band because this is the ceremonial 1 billionth time it's been stated: Tripping is abysmally ********.
-That Toon Link steals the spotlight from the REAL king of Brawl, Link.
-No matter who you use or how good you are, a complete newbie can pick up someone like Meta Knight and he'll still be a thorn in your side.
-Sonic's taunt. I don't like being called slow.
-The inhumanly perfect reflexes of a Level 9 CPU. They're still beatable, I just don't really like how the CPUs and dodge/perfect shield everything you do, I doubt I can play a person who reacts like a Level 9 CPU does.
-Luigi's drug-induced FS. Seriously, wtf.

Browny

Smash Hater
I hate that snake is almost invinceable. HIS WEAK ATTACKS ARE STRONG! COME ON! If there is a new super smash bros and snake returns, They have to seriously nerf him
lol i just noticed that, instruction book lists tilts as 'weak' attacks, yeah weak attacks that do 21% and hit harder than a smash :laugh:

Wombatt

Smash Rookie
I dnt know if this is just me, but whenever a cpu gets the smash ball or a decent item, they always target me. Kinda annoying.
Oh yeah, tripping, insane cpu dodging and pikachu's usmash nerf.
Also how i am now incapable of playing melee, it just feels weird :p

Steelia

Smash Champion
omg i know freakin mewtwo is way better then lucario i cant believe they did that and he is not exactly like mewtwo they should have just made mewtwo a little better thats all:urg:
I second that. It would have been awesome to have Mewtwo in WITH Lucario. That was probably the worst cut I've seen in a fighter game . . . or from the Smash series thus far. It's one reason I don't enjoy Brawl. (Another being tripping... and another being the lame Final Smash givings to people who are dying too much. CANNOT enjoy Time matches because of that.)

And yes, before anyone rants, I DO play Melee JUST BECAUSE of Mewtwo... so you can't pull that one on me. ;P

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
There's only a few things I hate.

-Link is the protagonist of the ever famous series: The Legend of Zelda. Yet in Brawl, he recovers like a brick. I think he deserves a bit more attention to be given (one of) the worst recovery in the game.
-The nerfing of a large chunk of the veteran roster.
-There should be a parade and marching band because this is the ceremonial 1 billionth time it's been stated: Tripping is abysmally ********.
-That Toon Link steals the spotlight from the REAL king of Brawl, Link.
-No matter who you use or how good you are, a complete newbie can pick up someone like Meta Knight and he'll still be a thorn in your side.
-Sonic's taunt. I don't like being called slow.
-The inhumanly perfect reflexes of a Level 9 CPU. They're still beatable, I just don't really like how the CPUs and dodge/perfect shield everything you do, I doubt I can play a person who reacts like a Level 9 CPU does.
-Luigi's drug-induced FS. Seriously, wtf.
Link could barely jump in the games.
Actually, Ganondorf is a King, Link is a just a young man with a cool sword.
Tripping is annoying and it would be nice if it didn't happen so often when against an Ike who likes the Forward smash, but it keeps you from becoming to casual even in a match you are winning easily.
Metaknight has the most annoying special moves(for special people).
Just put your online message to say, WHOS SLOW NOW when you smash that noob!
Level 9s are disgusting, atleast code the AI to fight like a human(spam lol).
Haha, it seems Luigi got alot of shrooms...actually, I think he used a similiar move on Super Paper Mario...atleast thats what I hear.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
Brawl's online sucks. You cant even play random matches online because you get kicked out automatically. And when you do, it lags so bad that the best thing to do is clicking the power button on the wii. You cant even see other peoples names on random and on friends it can only be 5 letters long. Thats just long enough to make almost every single cuss word ever but short enough to make it impossible to have a proper name. :| Also, you cant even choose stock or even coin mode in random matches so that makes it even worse. The last problem is that you cant even get ranked like in MK Wii so you cant even see whose good or whose not. Oh and tripping, thats the most ******* thing ever done to the smash series IMO.

Lord Crumpet

Smash Rookie
not enough jazzy ideas in events and classic and such.
can get boring because of this. we need more random things to do..

Twilght Link

Smash Journeyman
Link is once again destined for bottom- low tier (again). Seriously can't Link be Godly for once he deserves it. Then when i look at the tier list i can say " Yep, i mained link since the N64. After a long journey filled with sweat and tears, my boy link has finally made it from bottom to top......ahhh what a journey its been!

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
I don't even know if I posted in this thread already, but let's see why Brawl sucks, and why I haven't played it for about 3 months now:

1) Sucky, piece-of-**** online mode;

2) No combos;

3) Ganon whitout a sword *and* nerfed to hell = one of my fav characters gone;

4) Captain Falcon nerfed to hell = one of my *other* favorite characters gone;

5) I hadn't played for about a month already, and grab releases (tm) came along, which isn't exactly the kind of discovery breathing new life into a game. It was more like the nail in the coffin ouuuch it hurts;

6) And most of all, I looked at all of those awesome games comin out on other consoles. You know, the kind of games I might want to play for more than an hour at a time.
:)
With the quick bucks I amassed this summer, along with the present strength of the Canadian dollar, I'm buying a PS3 baby!
:bee:
-Soul Calibur IV
-Devil May Cry 4
-GTA IV
-Metal Gear Solid IV
-Resident Evil 5
-Mortal Kombat vs DC? Maaaaybe...

That's it. **** Brawl.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
I don't even know if I posted in this thread already, but let's see why Brawl sucks, and why I haven't played it for about 3 months now:

1) Sucky, piece-of-**** online mode;

2) No combos;

3) Ganon whitout a sword *and* nerfed to hell = one of my fav characters gone;

4) Captain Falcon nerfed to hell = one of my *other* favorite characters gone;

5) I hadn't played for about a month already, and grab releases (tm) came along, which isn't exactly the kind of discovery breathing new life into a game. It was more like the nail in the coffin ouuuch it hurts;

6) And most of all, I looked at all of those awesome games comin out on other consoles. You know, the kind of games I might want to play for more than an hour at a time.
:)
With the quick bucks I amassed this summer, along with the present strength of the Canadian dollar, I'm buying a PS3 baby!
:bee:
-Soul Calibur IV
-Devil May Cry 4
-GTA IV
-Metal Gear Solid IV
-Resident Evil 5
-Mortal Kombat vs DC? Maaaaybe...

That's it. **** Brawl.

Why on earth would you buy a PS3? Get a 360 instead. You can get most of the PS3's good games plus tons more.

I have a PS3 and it really isn't that great. MGS4 is really good but all the other "good" games are multiplatform or they haven't even come out yet.

Ubadood

Smash Rookie
1.)Ike being wayy overpowered, and N00bs using him.

2.)tripping..........'Nuff said.

3.)I'm not saying Melee is better than Brawl, (Cuz Brawl totally pwns Melee), but why didn't they kepp all of the characters from Melee aswell?
Like pichu, and Dr. Mario, so they would have new, And old characters.

zippo074

Smash Cadet
my only complaint is: slipping. Why is it there and why do we need it? Is it really random or does something trigger it? I don't see a point for slipping at all.

ZodXx

Smash Cadet
brawl is sooo much slower then melee. but that isnt much of a problem
the only problem i have is that the online play is horrible. it could be more organised with more options on playing random people

Wife

Smash Lord
What's up guys. If you're missing the good old days, check out the new Team Ben Combo Video that I made. It'll make you long for 2006. Link is in the sig. Enjoy it and pass it on!

Steelia

Smash Champion
my only complaint is: slipping. Why is it there and why do we need it? Is it really random or does something trigger it? I don't see a point for slipping at all.
I believe it's nothing but random, unfortunately... Or, from what I've seen, if you are running one direction and you try to turn on a dime the other direction, that puts you at risk for slipping. Or, whenever you're at a dead stop and you want to rush all of a sudden, you may slip.
Yes, a lot of us don't see the point of it.

brawl is sooo much slower then melee. but that isnt much of a problem
the only problem i have is that the online play is horrible. it could be more organised with more options on playing random people
In some ways, I wish it had Melee's speed... I played Melee the other day and in about an hour I was able to get over 200 KOs. Brawl? Takes me a good hour or so to get just 100 KOs. And that's against Level 1 computers... Ack.
In the next SSB, I believe they should speed it up enough so it doesn't have Brawl speed... but not on par with Melee speed. Brawl > SSB4 > Melee speeds.

What's up guys. If you're missing the good old days, check out the new Team Ben Combo Video that I made. It'll make you long for 2006. Link is in the sig. Enjoy it and pass it on!
That was incredible... No one tripped! =O

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
sometimes when I try to c-stick a bair, my character just moves backward in mid-air without actually performing an attack >_>

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
I hate it when people say " I lost to someone I'm better than" just because you use a "cheap" strategy

These people are sore losers. Honestly, if you're so much better why not wise up to the strategy and actually beat them. Someone say that they're better even if you beat them 24-0. Why? Because they think metaknight is too cheap.

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
Menu didnt look as good as melee's
Classic and All Star mode battles Weren't Random
The Dojo just spoiled all non hidden content
Break the targets was lamer
easier to put down.

D

Deleted member

Computers are a little bit harder in Brawl then they are in Melee. But that's because they're programmed to fight human players better. So they team up against you and suck against each other.

P.S. I think tripping was put in Brawl just to add a twist to the game, but that's just my opinion.:ohwell:

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Moderators are very irritating. I believe more than half of every thread I made for Brawl general discussion has been closed.

We all know general discussion is kinda pointless and unfocused, why do moderators feel compelled to try to artificially make it a better place?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Moderators are very irritating. I believe more than half of every thread I made for Brawl general discussion has been closed.

We all know general discussion is kinda pointless and unfocused, why do moderators feel compelled to try to artificially make it a better place?
Because every thread that you make is either already made, provokes useless arguments, or is just plain spammy. There are lots of other people that are making successful threads-- why can't you be one of them?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Because every thread that you make is either already made, provokes useless arguments, or is just plain spammy. There are lots of other people that are making successful threads-- why can't you be one of them?
To be successful at making a thread, I would need to come up with a good idea. What I consider to be my best ideas are often locked as being spam/flame magnets.

For example:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=184913
seemed like a good idea to centralize spam and make a light-hearted, unfocused, and thus flexible thread. It was also apparently believed to be a potential spam and flame magnet.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=185799
I happen to like some of the melee v. Brawl debates. They were entertaining to say the least.

While some of my other threads seem bad in retrospect: (http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=182108 - a curious and interesting phenominon, but trivial I suppose) some of my best thread ideas always get closed, and the other ones die from lack of bumps. I stand by the Brawl chat room thread idea, by the way. They worked pretty well in the character boards.

I guess to answer you question, I can't make a successful thread in the Brawl general discussion because I lack the creativity. Incidently, why is Master Chief in Brawl forbidden? It's the kind of thing people like to fantacise about, like Sora in Brawl.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
To be successful at making a thread, I would need to come up with a good idea. What I consider to be my best ideas are often locked as being spam/flame magnets.

For example:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=184913
seemed like a good idea to centralize spam and make a light-hearted, unfocused, and thus flexible thread. It was also apparently believed to be a potential spam and flame magnet.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=185799
I happen to like some of the melee v. Brawl debates. They were entertaining to say the least.

While some of my other threads seem bad in retrospect: (http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=182108 - a curious and interesting phenominon, but trivial I suppose) some of my best thread ideas always get closed, and the other ones die from lack of bumps. I stand by the Brawl chat room thread idea, by the way. They worked pretty well in the character boards.

I guess to answer you question, I can't make a successful thread in the Brawl general discussion because I lack the creativity. Incidently, why is Master Chief in Brawl forbidden? It's the kind of thing people like to fantacise about, like Sora in Brawl.
The first thread is a bad idea, because it's basically trying to cram these entire forums into one thread. That's spam just waiting to happen. Second thread is flame bait-- if you honestly think that needs explaining, you shouldn't be posting threads anyway.

There's a Brawl chatroom, the SWF IRC channel, found in the top menu. Things like Mastercheif and Sora being in Brawl are good fantasies, but bad conversations. They don't really hold much water-- the conversation is nothing but "YEAH THAT'S COOL" or "NO THAT SUCKS", followed by "NO YOU'RE WRONG", and "NO, YOU ARE".

Trust me-- the mods've been around here long enough to know what works, and what doesn't. Though I never used to post in here, I lurked-- and I saw the darker days of the GBD. I don't want things to get that out of hand again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom