• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Bros. Brawl Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
April join date... and April join date.

Alright sirs, everything is in order. You may continue your Brawl experience.
just cause they joined recently doesnt mean that they didnt play or think about smash before this. I joined a couple of years ago but that doesnt mean that i didnt play smash before then. I just happened to find the site then. Dont base peoples smash knowledge on when they joined or what their post count is. There is (obviously more to it then that). And just because they dont share your opinion does not mean they are wrong.

the characters have an hour to fall some even have these falling animations like woaaa too much space/wind or whatever like mairo shakes his little arms while falling. thats how slow he falls.

look at mario kart wii online and look at brawl. u lag like shi** with 2 pple yet on MK u can go up to 12 with lil lag., online tournament, you get your own dam channel and can look if your friends are online, ect

simply put brawl is an epic fail for the real smashers all the new scrubs should like it tho
who are "real smashers"? people like you i suppose. And yes online does suck, but this is after all nintendos first online game if im not mistaken so there will be room for improvement.

Corigames

Smash Hero
just cause they joined recently doesnt mean that they didnt play or think about smash before this. I joined a couple of years ago but that doesnt mean that i didnt play smash before then. I just happened to find the site then. Dont base peoples smash knowledge on when they joined or what their post count is. There is (obviously more to it then that). And just because they dont share your opinion does not mean they are wrong.
Wow, you assumed a lot off of my small bit of input. You want to make another paragraph off of these two sentences?

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
I hate the new nana AI. It is the worst programing I have ever seen. She puts re-syncing with popo higher then living. This makes for an AI that will jump off of a cliff, and kill its self in an attempt to join an off screen Popo! Also Popo's direction takes priority over nana's. So when you are de-synced then you can tell Nana to smash behind you, buy she still smashes infront. On top of that their new grab combos and chain grabs are Sooooo much more difficult. We have yet to find an Ice Climber mainer that can pull off the timing on all characters. Even when you do get your chain grab going then all it takes is one trip from one of the climbers to end it. This F'n game blows ALMOST as much as it trully, trully sucks!!!

Corigames

Smash Hero
I was merely pointing out that people of new join date seem to have reached a unanimous consencus on what Brawl is in comparison to Melee or any other game. If you see a poster with a late '07 to present join date, you can expect them to:
1. Say melee was horribly unbalanced. They give examples such as if you play Fox, you always win; you only saw three characters in tournaments... ever; if you couldn't perfectly preform every AT, you lose; and that tiers only exist because the game is broken.

2. Say they love Brawl. Almost every new person loves Brawl to death. No defiance at all. If they have a problem with the game, they don't admit or say they've gotten over it. I play the game. I don't like the game, but I play it because the majority of players are now hooked on Brawl. Can you "get over" that? I don't think you can.

3. Claim Brawl to be the best (or one of the top) game ever. No. There are way too many other games that are way better, fighting games or not, that you just have to put before Brawl.

4. Say nay-sayers aren't giving Brawl enough time. As if, you know, 3 months with a game isn't sufficient tie to come to the conclusion if I like or dislike the game. Aren't decisions like that decided within the first hour, let alone minutes of ever picking up a game? Yeah, I think this has been plenty of time.

5. Say all characters are even. No, they aren't. I can't beat a meta knight with a Yoshi, even if I knew what I was doing and they didn't. that's just not going to happen.

6. Everyone has a chance to win. How is this a good thing? When is it good to have a person who doesn't frequently play beat someone who does? I don't want to go to a tournament and see a new person beat all the pros because they know how to spam better, that's not cool. Or, perhaps, they got lucky and the other person tripped a lot. that's completely fair and the winnings are obviously going to the person with more skill.

If anything, a complaint about the boards can be that new people almost all think alike and feel the need to prove to each other that they love this game more than the next person. Which, in my honest opinion, is dumb.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
I was merely pointing out that people of new join date seem to have reached a unanimous consencus on what Brawl is in comparison to Melee or any other game. If you see a poster with a late '07 to present join date, you can expect them to:
1. Say melee was horribly unbalanced. They give examples such as if you play Fox, you always win; you only saw three characters in tournaments... ever; if you couldn't perfectly preform every AT, you lose; and that tiers only exist because the game is broken.

2. Say they love Brawl. Almost every new person loves Brawl to death. No defiance at all. If they have a problem with the game, they don't admit or say they've gotten over it. I play the game. I don't like the game, but I play it because the majority of players are now hooked on Brawl. Can you "get over" that? I don't think you can.

3. Claim Brawl to be the best (or one of the top) game ever. No. There are way too many other games that are way better, fighting games or not, that you just have to put before Brawl.

4. Say nay-sayers aren't giving Brawl enough time. As if, you know, 3 months with a game isn't sufficient tie to come to the conclusion if I like or dislike the game. Aren't decisions like that decided within the first hour, let alone minutes of ever picking up a game? Yeah, I think this has been plenty of time.

5. Say all characters are even. No, they aren't. I can't beat a meta knight with a Yoshi, even if I knew what I was doing and they didn't. that's just not going to happen.

6. Everyone has a chance to win. How is this a good thing? When is it good to have a person who doesn't frequently play beat someone who does? I don't want to go to a tournament and see a new person beat all the pros because they know how to spam better, that's not cool. Or, perhaps, they got lucky and the other person tripped a lot. that's completely fair and the winnings are obviously going to the person with more skill.

If anything, a complaint about the boards can be that new people almost all think alike and feel the need to prove to each other that they love this game more than the next person. Which, in my honest opinion, is dumb.

I personally have loved all three games about the same. I'm all about equality. But i do have to say that i dont like the repetitiveness of classic and allstar mode. And of course WHERE DID THE bOARD THE PLATFORMS AND RACE TO THE FINISH GO!?!? I would sometimes play 1player mode just for those, and they went and took them out.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
the people that love brawl also love chess!, never played melee, and cant react faster then 5 seconds on a short hop

Dark Bulb 4.1

Smash Journeyman
Lol at the join date complaints. Joined 2003, forgot password :p
If you go back to the join date issue, seems that everyone that loves brawl has never played melee enough competitively to the level where we can actually complain about certain things

I love brawl, but it's no Melee. Feels slower than 64 smash to me, and everything executed doesn't even FEEL amazing. I get a sudden rush or shock watching matches in Melee, and when I watch brawl matches, it looks like a boring stand/spam/repeat off. I find myself spamming projectiles when I really hate doing so. When I don't spam projectiles, I tend to lose, seems that some characters are just very much overpowered.

Outside of sonic and fox, I feel everyone has a speed of bowser. Grabs took a giant hit, an option eliminated for many characters. Everyone has floating powers of superman, seems like it's funny that there is no such thing as bad recovery, even with characters forced to tether recovery, edgeguarding is like a lolfest now. Now, outside of all this crap, I would probably enjoy this game more if I had options to approach spammers. Way to kill the lag cancel, slow BAD characters benefited from this great device. Still giving this game a chance though, I know the melee scene will die down little by little, I can't play that forever.

NeoJames

Smash Cadet
In my opinion, Brawl is a GREAT game, better then Melee, but I don't like that...

• The fact that the Zelda parts of the game are based on Twilight Princess, not WindWaker...
    Toon Ganondorf is not a alternate costume.
    There is no toon Zelda/Tetra character.
    The fact that Roy and Newtwo got the axe, they where my favorite characters

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
In my opinion, Brawl is a GREAT game, better then Melee, but I don't like that...

• The fact that the Zelda parts of the game are based on Twilight Princess, not WindWaker...
but regardless u have a character,, a stage, and trophies from Wind Waker....and those are the Zelda parts of the game (^^)v so yeah they're not based on Twilight Princess wholly.

NukeA6

Smash Master
You know when playing the fast characters, I find myself attempting to wavedash. It's strange because when I found out about the technique, it would two months from then when I wouldn't have Melee anymore (I didn't play the game that much since I already had enough). I never mastered wavedashing.

And here I am trying to do it. I guess I miss wavedashing just like the Melee elitists.

XepherOrion

Smash Cadet
Okay, heres my list...

No Ridley!!! Why the heck can't ridley be playable!!!!

Tripping....ticks me off every time...

BAD WIFI!!!! I tried 60 times today to get on and guess what? Error code 61010 or 61017!!!!

Oh and No newcoming girls!!! Samus doesn't count as a newcomer so don't even get me started on that...

XepherOrion

Smash Cadet

Toon Ganondorf is not a alternate costume.
    There is no toon Zelda/Tetra character.
    The fact that Roy and Newtwo got the axe, they where my favorite characters
oh yeah, and Roy was not cut. Neither was Mewtwo.

Roy dyed his hair blue, went through puberty and changed his name to Ike.

Mewtwo evolved and grew hair. god, get it right...:laugh::chuckle::laugh:

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
the people that love brawl also love chess!, never played melee, and cant react faster then 5 seconds on a short hop
This is a very reasonable, not flame bait, highly educated fact! Oh, wait...
I hate chess,
I have owned Melee since it came out,
I can react quite quickly on a short hop.
Are Melee lovers the new Roytards?

Mewter

Smash Master
Lol.

Hm...

I want Mewtwo back, and not be an absolutely horrible character next time around, I mean, he was replaced by a blue flamey dog!
I want Roy back, i DON'T KNOW WHY, BUT WHO CARES!!!
Sonic should've had shadow as an alternate costume.
Wario had too many costumes,
You can slip,
They nerfed link's Up B.

There, I am done ranting!:laugh::bee::)

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
I haven't tripped that much, so I don't mind.
Haven't really noticed it

Mewter

Smash Master
I remember that boss... He was cool. Anyway, They didn't make Mewtwo half as good as he could have been in Melee. Probably the only reason he didn't make it to Brawl was from lack of support(They could've at least made him stronger and faster plus less floaty):ohwell:

PitMasta

Smash Journeyman
I remember that boss... He was cool. Anyway, They didn't make Mewtwo half as good as he could have been in Melee. Probably the only reason he didn't make it to Brawl was from lack of support(They could've at least made him stronger and faster plus less floaty):ohwell:
I like lucario a lot better anyways...>.>

MASTER719

Smash Apprentice
Ike's counter is d-bag slow
tripping
toon link is a waste and should've been an original char. Maybe viewtiful joe or ichigo
Marth's smaller sword
cant change pokemon randomness like the stages. I really wanted that for fun 4player matches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom