• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS OFFICIAL SMASH BROS 4 3DS TOURNAMENT Today! NEED STREAMER ASAP!

What day would this tourney work best for you?

• October 3rd

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • October 4th

Votes: 39 27.7%
  • October 11th

Votes: 90 63.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
it was randomized because peopel were complaining about it not being randomized.
Just trying to keep everyone as happy as possible. These will be the stable bracket from now on.
Oh okay. Well if you don't mind me asking, what was the process used to form the bracket the previous 2 times? (Since you said it wasn't randomised.) I'm just curious since I don't know much about TO'ing.

TTrain

Official Terminator Train
NNID
ThomasTerminator
3DS FC
4613-7026-8628
To answer that question: Yes, I am going to be uploading everything that is being streamed on my channel regarding the tourney on YouTube. :)

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Oh okay. Well if you don't mind me asking, what was the process used to form the bracket the previous 2 times? (Since you said it wasn't randomised.) I'm just curious since I don't know much about TO'ing.
Well, we just had people who signed up be set up in numerical order. I was eventually going to randomize it, but I was waiting until the bracket was solidified.
Will there also be an European tournament similar to this one?
I have no idea. :( I myself am not hosting any, but I am sure you could look around and find someone to help you start it. :)

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
It just occurred to me that we don't have anyone set up for commentating. Will the livestreamer(s) be doing the commentating or will we just not have any commentary? It is a small, friendly competition so it will probably be okay if we don't

PowerHungryFool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Power-HF
3DS FC
1504-6251-0700
Switch FC
SW-7375-5375-8309
It just occurred to me that we don't have anyone set up for commentating. Will the livestreamer(s) be doing the commentating or will we just not have any commentary? It is a small, friendly competition so it will probably be okay if we don't
I'll be doing commentary alongside Thomas on his livestream, actually.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Actually, yeah, I think Mr. @ TTrain TTrain is actually going to be having some commentating. Is that correct Mr. T?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Additionally, I have moved the players and their respective characters over to this thread, since the other one will soon be closed. Let's keep all tournament discussion here, guys.

Edit: Other thread has been closed. (That was quick...xD)

Edit#2: @D3RK has provided us with this lovely image of the bracket- as such, I've added to the first post as well! TY again D3RK!! <3

Last edited:

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Additionally, I have moved the players and their respective characters over to this thread, since the other one will soon be closed. Let's keep all tournament discussion here, guys.

Edit: Other thread has been closed. (That was quick...xD)
Thanks Speed! Very helpful! And yeah, here, we can discuss character match ups, predictions, etc. Get hyped! Rememebr, October 11th, and we still need a time that best suits everyone. I am thinking @:00 PM or 4:00 PM Central Time.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
Pikachu's down-b still activating even if he is hit before the attack actually happens gets me every time

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Ok...annoying is one thing....but cheap?
...I wouldn't go that far now.
Not cheap as in it is overpowered. In another sense. It is cheap that the move can be used even if it is in the middle of its starting lag. It should not work if it is in that position. It is cheap in the fact that no other characters in the demo can do the same thing.

Ceadda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lethality
3DS FC
2878-9806-5002
Not cheap as in it is overpowered. In another sense. It is cheap that the move can be used even if it is in the middle of its starting lag. It should not work if it is in that position. It is cheap in the fact that no other characters in the demo can do the same thing.
Agreed. I've always hated that move the most in every Smash game. Glad I don't have to deal with Pikachu.

Werner Herzog

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jack_Sjunior
3DS FC
1864-9302-8583
I plan on practicing some matches against whatever character my first round opponent had picked so that I'll be somewhat familiar with the matchup, but since it could be one of two people that means I have to get in some time against both Duck Hunt Dog and... the random button, aka every single other character on the roster :laugh:. I guess I have my work cut out out for me!

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I plan on practicing some matches against whatever character my first round opponent had picked so that I'll be somewhat familiar with the matchup, but since it could be one of two people that means I have to get in some time against both Duck Hunt Dog and... the random button, aka every single other character on the roster :laugh:. I guess I have my work cut out out for me!
xD Just think how much training gamershow has to go through....
He has no idea what characters he'll be using. He'll have to get a decent grasp on all of them....

Ceadda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lethality
3DS FC
2878-9806-5002
xD Just think how much training gamershow has to go through....
He has no idea what characters he'll be using. He'll have to get a decent grasp on all of them....
The disadvantage of random... lol

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
The disadvantage of random... lol
haha yeah... I guess he picked it though, so he must know what he is doing. This also is a a great advantage in the fact that counterpicking will be virtually useless against a random player. I think it was smart, honestly.

Ceadda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lethality
3DS FC
2878-9806-5002
haha yeah... I guess he picked it though, so he must know what he is doing. This also is a a great advantage in the fact that counterpicking will be virtually useless against a random player. I think it was smart, honestly.
Yeah, that's a really good point.

D

Deleted member 245254

Okay, I will get to work on a custom overlay for this tournament in preparation for streaming it. Send me a message and let's detail when we are to convene on Skype or something and work out the details of spectating and how this is going to work for me.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Okay, I will get to work on a custom overlay for this tournament in preparation for streaming it. Send me a message and let's detail when we are to convene on Skype or something and work out the details of spectating and how this is going to work for me.
Hey Zipzo! First, I would like to say thank you for this. I know you live in Japan, and that really clashes with the time zones here, so thanks.
Do you think it is possible that you, @ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed , and I could speak in messaging on SmashBoards itself? I do not think there is much to go over (besides anything you yourself need to bring up) and that would personally work best for me. :)

Finsom25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
finsom25
3DS FC
3780-9567-3401
this whole thing looks like its going over well! :dr^_^:

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
@ Orngeblu Orngeblu you just HAD to pick Pikachu, didn't you? ;p
I am doing terrible against Pikachu in the demo lol.
Haha, yeah. I had forgotten how fun (and good) my Pikachu was until I picked him up in the demo. I could've gotten Greninja, but someone got it before me. (BY ONE POST, curse you Spirst! :mad:)

If you're having trouble with CPU's, oooh, you're in for a nightmare. :smirk:

The Bracket isn't going to change around anymore is it? Just wondering so I can be SURE this will be my opponent for my first match.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Haha, yeah. I had forgotten how fun (and good) my Pikachu was until I picked him up in the demo. I could've gotten Greninja, but someone got it before me. (BY ONE POST, curse you Spirst! :mad:)

If you're having trouble with CPU's, oooh, you're in for a nightmare. :smirk:

The Bracket isn't going to change around anymore is it? Just wondering so I can be SURE this will be my opponent for my first match.
@ Captain Norris Captain Norris
I think we should both agree that the brackets should stay as it is now. ^^ I mean, someone even put together a character guide for it!

Kiondrick

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1650-3088-1736
Just a hypothetical scenario. Say someone drops out of the tourney on the day it starts. Would we wait until someone take his/her place, or is that person automatically eliminated. I would vouch for the former if we ever came to that situation.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Just a hypothetical scenario. Say someone drops out of the tourney on the day it starts. Would we wait until someone take his/her place, or is that person automatically eliminated. I would vouch for the former if we ever came to that situation.
@ Captain Norris Captain Norris
I think we should allow someone else to join if they can quickly enough. If not, we should just drop the player slot altogether.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Good question, but I am going to say the latter. The ext person on the challonge waiting list would have to be available.
In order for the tournament to continue as scheduled, and to keep everything going smooth, that person would just be eliminated. A monthly tournament is being planned, so there will always be next month. :)
However, a day or two before the tournament, then someone will be allowed to take their place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom