• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Sheik Power Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
:/ oli can beat them both espeacially if you don't you know... actually play those characters.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Did not get top 8 out of forty, lost to radix 0-2(again) and Hbox 1-2...

I beat DarkSonic 2-0 and Dtorr 2-0

sorry guys.

Match run downs coming soon yallz.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I went home and celebrated the Chinese New Year this weekend. I should get power rankings points for this. : j

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Just won a random tourney at NYU. PlayBox again.

1st out of 37.

o.0 I was surprised at a decent Dedede player being there. Played him in winners finals and grand finals again. I really like Sheik vs Dedede now.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
Man, hopefully you got vids recorded, I'd like to see how you play the matchup.

I play gay as **** versus DDD unless he's in the air which seems to work but is also mentally very taxing for my normally aggressive playstyle.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You can celebrate the Chinese New Year without being Chinese lol.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Man, hopefully you got vids recorded, I'd like to see how you play the matchup.

I play gay as **** versus DDD unless he's in the air which seems to work but is also mentally very taxing for my normally aggressive playstyle.
You can watch my vids versus D1's Dedede. They are already on youtube, and should be listed in the Video Thread as well. I play the match up better now, but that shows the beginning of my approach to the MU and my current style is simply an expansion on it.

gallax

Smash Hero
Did not get top 8 out of forty, lost to radix 0-2(again) and Hbox 1-2...

I beat DarkSonic 2-0 and Dtorr 2-0

sorry guys.

Match run downs coming soon yallz.
you lost to radix again even though you started off AMAZING!! you let him come all the way back. you should have beaten him. i think you lost your mojo second fight. you let that loss get to you. you should always remember your saying "you can always win!!"

and how did you lose to hbox dude?!!?!?!? you wreck ddd....

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
you lost to radix again even though you started off AMAZING!! you let him come all the way back. you should have beaten him. i think you lost your mojo second fight. you let that loss get to you. you should always remember your saying "you can always win!!"

and how did you lose to hbox dude?!!?!?!? you wreck ddd....
I missed my ftilt usmash!! I swore I had that it would have been game.

Versus Hbox I did okay he beat me first game but barely. I won second game pretty soundly I think... and I lost thrid game by a good amount. I got this crazy DDDsuicide kill. He ate me turned around like he was gonna spit me out and he just walked off stage. You can bet that'll never happen again.

I'm gonna stop losing to Tony though... for real.

Um... Radix got 9th
Hbox got 7th
SHAKY TIED FOR FIRST!!

iLight

Smash Lord
oh well, good job anyways <3, hopefully i'll have something decent to show after this weekend, going to another tournament this weekend in dallas, my sheik is playing pretty well though i havn't gotten to practice much recently

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
HOLY ****

Crossjeremiah, NEO, and myself are going to the same tourney this weekend :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

ULTIMATE SHEIK FEST

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
Just watched your vidz DMT, and we play the same sort of hit and run style versus DDD. I needle camp a little bit harder but that's about it. God, DDD is such a trial in patience.

Are there any moves outside of jab that are okay to hit his shield with?

Leafplayer452

Smash Journeyman
5. Light - 25 pts.
4. <3 - 20 pts.
3. Scary - 11 pts.
2. KenniSpam - 10 pts.
1. Tristan - 9 pts.

BEST IN DA WORRRRRRRRRLD

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Jab i NOT okay to hit shield with. Jabs give good frame advantage as a lead in to many of Sheik's attacks at high percents, but when jabs hit shield, you are at a very negative frame advantage.

Best tools for shield poking are spaced bairs and ftilts. Against Dedede though, the spacing has to be VERY tight due to his incredibly large grab range. In general needles and grabs are the bread and butter. You have to get Dedede off the ground, and then you ca start piling up the damage.

I have new vids versus Dedede from my last tournament's grand finals. This D3 had better grab game than D1, and I had to adapt to it. It resulted in even better juggle game though. I'll try to upload them to the video thread by tonight.

EDIT: fixed. I meant ftilts. lmao fairs

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Yes. Almost exactly the same. Just more range and more vulnerable to Sheik's juggling.

New vs Dedede videos up on the video thread btw. From tournament grand finals.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
So KenniSpam beat me in Sheik dittos and Sheik vs my Marth, but for some reason he refuses to accept it as his victory. :<

I went to a tournament. Results will probably be up sometime tomorrow.

iLight

Smash Lord
i went to a tournament, beat some people with mk lost to sethlon in mk dittos then lost to some pit player as sheik, pretty fail all together, just figured i'd say it anyways lol, i need to practice more if i want to succeed, on the + side though i have some tight replays which i will post later

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Last weekend I went to a tourny and placed 5th......and lost to Yaz and X again so i decided to not even bother to post it lol.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
So KenniSpam beat me in Sheik dittos and Sheik vs my Marth, but for some reason he refuses to accept it as his victory. :<

I went to a tournament. Results will probably be up sometime tomorrow.
because during our sheik ditto i didnt know who you were at the time so i didnt really give 100%... :/

oh well, since i practically ODd on caffeine i played like **** all night =__= well, now i know what NOT to do for next time :D

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
lol, dun worry about it
I was worried I'd mess my pool's ordering up a bit when I lost to Kenni but beat Grimace (who ended up taking 1st seed anyway)

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
whoa its been updated lol

TX sheiks: Light, Cross, and I
might be good oppurtunity to prove her worth, next phase?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
JackieRabbit5 has got to be one of the worst usernames of all time. Congrats

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Alright, I went to this tournament
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=266423
as Sekibun.

For overall statistics,
I used Sheik for 19 games, winning 14 of them.
I transformed in 2 of those games, winning both of them. I almost came to regret it one of those times, though.
I used Marth for 4 games, and lost all 4 of them.
I used Peach for 2 games, and won 1 and lost 1.

In order of who I played...
Pools
KenniSpam (4th seed) :shiek: :metaknight: 0-2
I used Marth for both games and lost both games.

Buuda (5th seed) :pt: :falco: 2-1
Game 1, Sheik vs Pokémon Trainer on Final Destination, was pretty straightforward. I think I might've gotten gimped or something, but I won on a solid 1-stock.
Game 2, I lost Marth vs Pokémon Trainer on Lylat.
Game 3, I switched back to Sheik and Buuda switched to Falco, on Smashville. I think I tiltlocked him twice and he pretty much SD'd his third stock, resulting in a 2-stock. Nothing special, Falcos unfamiliar with playing against Sheiks will get ***** in this matchup just like the other way around.

Ficha (6th seed) :samus2: 2-0
Game 1, Sheik vs Samus on Battlefield, was played relatively normally. By the time he KO'd my second stock he was on his last stock at 129%, so I figured I'd transform for a quick KO. That almost turned out to be a game-ending mistake, as he managed to knock me around to 102% before I finally capitalized on him hitting my shield with an aerial for an upsmash.
Game 2 was played on Halberd, same characters. This time around I stayed Sheik and paid closer attention to avoiding his missile/zair tricks. The smaller stage area during the flying part made it easier for me to stay on him, too. I won with a 2-stock.

Grimace (1st seed) :snake: :luigi2: 2-1
Game 1, Sheik vs Snake on Battlefield. This game was played exactly how I feel the matchup should go - Sheik has roughly double the damage output of Snake, but dies at half the percent, making things roughly even. I got a lucky running usmash with me at 140% and him at 210% to take the first round.
Game 2, he countered me with Luigi on Smashville. I managed to take two stocks on my last stock, but only dealt 20% before he finished me with an fsmash. I seriously think Luigi is a clearly disadvantaged matchup for Sheik.
Game 3, I countered his Luigi with Peach on Smashville and won.

Kain (2nd seed) :wolf: 1-2
Game 1, Sheik vs Wolf on Battlefield. I ate a few too many bairs trying to figure out the openings to Kain's game, but he plays pretty solidly. I lost with in an otherwise uneventful 1-stock.
Game 2, I countered to Pokémon Stadium. I figured out the timing of his bairs and started interrupting them with early nairs or poking between his first and second with a fair. Things were going relatively even again but he made the mistake of chasing me into the pit on the Rock Stage transformation, eating over 100% in ftilt damage and effectively giving me a free stock. He started to bring it back toward the end but I won it anyway by 1 stock.
Game 3, he countered to Final Destination. He paid attention to what I was doing game 2 and switched up the timing on his bairs. I failed to adapt to this and got hit by a large number of bairs. He won by 2 stocks.

Akako (9th seed) :toonlink: 2-0
Pretty uneventful games. I won both of them as Sheik, but I think Akako was just around to have some fun at a tournament.

Jonomatic (8th seed) :dedede: :snake: 2-0
He seemed relatively new to the tournament scene and even predicted his Snake would get ***** before he switched to him for game 2. I won both as Sheik.

Tetsion (7th seed) :pit: 2-0
First game, Sheik vs Pit, on Smashville. Not much happened. I pretty much beat him in damage efficiency and won on a 1-stock.
Second game, countered to Final Destination. He got me with a lot of side+B's and rapid jabs, getting me to high percents on my final stock. However, he played really impatiently at the ledge, falling for a Vanish trap for all three of his stocks.

Brackets
YoshQ (17th) :luigi2: 0-2
First game, Sheik vs Luigi on Battlefield. I think I played better in this game overall than I did against Grimace. Still lost by a mid-percent 1-stock, though. Getting KO'd at 100% by a fast attack and being stripped of any ability to follow up from my ftilt...
Second game, I switched to Marth on Smashville and lost.

SimaMatty (25th) :dedede: 2-0
First game, Sheik vs Dedede on Smashville, I pretty much won. I don't remember much about it.
Second game, countered to Pokémon Stadium. I had a gigantic lead on the second stock, 0% to 180%, then got Dededecided. This was a really embarassing moment, lol. I got him to 120% relatively quickly and switched to Zelda to KO him before he could get any silly plans of Dededeciding me again.

Arty (7th) :falco: :popo: 0-2
First game, Sheik vs Falco on Battlefield. Very close game overall. I couldn't get the right decay and points to KO with ftilt lock, but it took him to 90% every time I landed it. In the end we were both at KO %'s, I fished for an unsafe running usmash, and he countered it from shield with his own usmash to win.
Second game, I switched to Peach and he switched to Ice Climbers. I lost.

This loss places me at 17th out of 66.

And that's the summary of my tournament experience.

Judo777

Smash Master
Oh well im not very savy at getting the results and posting em and what not. I went to VG bootcamp this weekend and placed 9th came really close to knocking logic out and sending boss to losers it was last hit third game each time. Haha btw logic and boss are ridiculous!

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Oh well im not very savy at getting the results and posting em and what not. I went to VG bootcamp this weekend and placed 9th came really close to knocking logic out and sending boss to losers it was last hit third game each time. Haha btw logic and boss are ridiculous!
Yes, Judo is amazing. I'll have his set vs. Logic up within the next 2 days on vgbootcamp's youtube channel.

Judo777

Smash Master
Haha thanks God is my Rock ur IC's had me soooo nervous man u are definitely the best IC's i have played u were very efficient making the most of every chance u got. Also i liked how you played very safe with each grab and employed hobbling also i couldnt even see ur desynchs they were so fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom