• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Samus Support Thread [Happy now?]

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Goddayum people didn't you all played Melee? That second screenshot is Samus's Fair. -_- Now quit it. It looks like it has a pretty huge hitbox though.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
the moment I saw Samus as the new update, the first thing I thought was "omg, time to watch Smashboards explode."

anyways, I personaly think the 2nd screen shot is the forward Air attack that she always had, the flame thing, mabye they improved it a bit?

what aactually makes me wonder is the last screen shot with her arm still lit but she doesn't seem to be attacking... mabey shes charging a giant shot TO TRANSFORM INTO ZERO SUIT?! hm?! hm?! mabey?! hm?!

hopefully... I don't really want to see them as 2 seperate chars lol.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Well, it's a new game, they may have changed it a little bit (referring to the fair)

I doubt they'll make Zamus playable only when you get Samus' final smash. We wouldn't see her that much and they want their new character to be used. It was just for the purposes of the movie they made that it happened that way. There'll probably be some way to do it, like taking enough damage or something since her suit broke off of her. In the gameboy game, how did she switch to the Zero suit? (never played it)
In the game, after you got a lot of your upgrades, you defeated Mother Brain, and then Tourian exploded, and you had to escape in your ship. After you had made it and escaped, your ship was shot down, and you crash-landed. As a result of the crash-land, you lost your entire suit (for some reason). You had to go through the entire Space Pirate ship to unlock certain things and avoiding tripping the alarm--all the while totally exposed in your Zero Suit--until you eventually faced a boss to get your suit back.

I was disappointed with today's update, i learned nothing new, and since it is Friday i got my hopes up for something big.
I disagree. I enjoyed today's update even if it wasn't really anything new. The main reason I'm glad to see any new character who hasn't appeared yet is so that we can see more of a variety of characters in the screenshots! (C'mon, think outside the box, people...)

Plus, it's nice to see the new Samus, and the way he presented her thus far does intrigue us as to how (if at all) Zamus is involved...

Takalth

Smash Ace
If that picture is Samus's f-air, she puts Marth's moves to shame for hitbox size, and it will officially become the most spammable move in the history of Smash.

It almost looks to me like a large, slow-flying projectile getting fired at an angle. One is hitting link and the other just got launched.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
If that picture is Samus's f-air, she puts Marth's moves to shame for hitbox size, and it will officially become the most spammable move in the history of Smash.

It almost looks to me like a large, slow-flying projectile getting fired at an angle. One is hitting link and the other just got launched.

Hey guys...I'm pretty sure that light above link is related to the sun there. Notice the rays of light coming from the sun to that light?? But, I could be wrong...

XSilvenX

Smash Lord

Hey guys...I'm pretty sure that light above link is related to the sun there. Notice the rays of light coming from the sun to that light?? But, I could be wrong...

It's most likely her f-air. My reasons...

Her fair in Melee starts from her cannon but she is going down as she does it and the fire explodes into a ball of fire just about as big as the screenshot but the actual hitbox is alot smaller, that explosion you see in the screenshot can just be the latent explosion of the first "ball of fire" that came out right when it's reached it's peak exploding point.

The reason why it's disjointed a bit from her cannon wuold probably be because Samus descends while she does her fair so the screenshot was probably taken b/w the first and second ball of fire except the second ball of fire hasn't come out yet. I know it's hard to understand, just read it carefully.

3 things to back me up..

-See the shine on Link's sword? See how exaggerated it is?! This can just be a new affect that's a bit too big, ultimately it makes smashes and such look cooler.

-She's in the exact same position she's in when she does fair in Melee. Samus does not regularly jump like that, the only attack that calls for this animation is fair.

-How do you know the first light at the top is the sun? I mean it probably is but I'm saying..it could actually be the first explosion from the fair closing up. I'm probably right because I see the little embers that's in the 2nd ball(supposedly) near Samus around her armpit area. If you look closely, those are the same space-age looking embers you see in the 2nd ball of fire. So that could be the first flame closing up. It does look a bit far away as far as perspective goes but it can just be an illusion.

Takalth

Smash Ace
The actual fiery part of Samus's fair is about the same size as the one here, but in Melee, her fair doesn't have that big globe around it. If this is her fair, then it either got a ridiculously huge hitbox or highly deceptive animation.

As for the lower light source, it might be the sun, but I doubt it's coming from Link's sword. If it was, it would probably be centered on it.

Onifrio

Smash Journeyman
The light near link is the sun every other bright light is the embers from the f-air. Its not even hard to see that.

Fawriel

Smash Master
...you know... I think Link's not being hit at all and he's just in a fighter stance, and the "blast" is the sun peeking through some stuff in the background, which makes the light intense...

Sorry if this has already been debunked, I'm kinda too tired to read everything.

Onifrio

Smash Journeyman
The.....Light..........By.............Link........Is..............The...............Sun.

The.........Move.........is...........Samus'....................f-air

And samus' f-air is her jump forward in a slow flip making an arc of fire.
B-air is a spinning kick backwards.
Sex kick or neutral air is.....a sex kick.

Ya i said the first two slow for those of you having trouble understanding it thus far.

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis

The sun is located alllll the way at the top right, above Samus.
Why is that so?
There are SUN RAYS coming forth from it. Also, if you look at this screen shot: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/pit/pit_070528a-l.jpg
...WOAH. The sun, high in the sky, with the rays coming towards the stage on the same angle.

From the looks of most screenshots, a lot of attacks seem to contain the orb around the "hit box".

And finally, that is Link's UP SMASH. (edited "typo")
I would know.
I main Link. D:

Also, in trailer number 2, we can see Link's sword GLOWS A LOT, and around the tip of the sword always gets some sort of orb glow when he attacks (minus ftilt/smash). His up smash is also displayed, and looks EXACTLY like it does in the screenshot.

D:

Onifrio

Smash Journeyman

Why is that so?
There are SUN RAYS coming forth from it. Also, if you look at this screen shot: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/pit/pit_070528a-l.jpg
...WOAH. The sun, high in the sky, with the rays coming towards the stage on the same angle.

From the looks of most screenshots, a lot of attacks seem to contain the orb around the "hit box".

And finally, that is Link's UP AIR.
I would know.
I main Link. D:

Also, in trailer number 2, we can see Link's sword GLOWS A LOT, and around the tip of the sword always gets some sort of orb glow when he attacks (minus ftilt/smash). His up air is also displayed, and looks EXACTLY like it does in the screenshot.

D:

You must not have mained link very well. Thats either an u-tilt or u-smash. His up air is sticking his sword straight up.

Maikeru17

NNID
NoxNoctis
You must not have mained link very well. Thats either an u-tilt or u-smash. His up air is sticking his sword straight up.
[blamelackofsleep]Yeah, I meant up smash. o_O[/blamelackofsleep]

But regardless. He's not getting hit, which everyone seems to think.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord

Why is that so?

And finally, that is Link's UP SMASH. (edited "typo")
I would know.
I main Link. D:

Also, in trailer number 2, we can see Link's sword GLOWS A LOT, and around the tip of the sword always gets some sort of orb glow when he attacks (minus ftilt/smash). His up air is also displayed, and looks EXACTLY like it does in the screenshot.

D:
You never explained why this "sun" of yours has tiny embers falling from it similar to the orb in the center from Samus's f-air. But whatever I'm not gonna argue about this anymore lol it is kind of stupid on my part. Just wait for the game:chuckle:

I still can't believe why they didn't use the power suit design from MP.
This one looks cooler. DONE. The Metroid Prime suit is plain compared to this design.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The sin is in the top right corner, either it is that flare in the corner or it is off the screen. Regardless, you can see sun beams angiling from the right to the left from the right corner. Meaning that the sun is not in the middle.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Fact: The Metroid Prime suit is more Realistic.

Fact: The Super Metroid Suit is Cooler, but less Realistic.

Fact: Super Metroid Suit + Metroid Prime Suit = Awesome.

I like the new Samus.

Maikeru17

NNID
NoxNoctis
You never explained why this "sun" of yours has tiny embers falling from it similar to the orb in the center from Samus's f-air. But whatever I'm not gonna argue about this anymore lol it is kind of stupid on my part. Just wait for the game:chuckle:

This one looks cooler. DONE. The Metroid Prime suit is plain compared to this design.
I said the sun had rays coming down towards the players, AND I posted a link to second screenshot to prove that was the sun.

Plus, that could just be because she's moving forward.
If I remember correctly, in Melee it starts the way it is in the screen shot.

*edit*
Staring at this **** screen shot long enough now, I notice that there are also embers lining her shoulders/head.
However, that's still the sun above her, there's absolutely no doubt in my mind.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
You're right..it is the sun

I think I have an explanation for the embers around her armpit area though. It looks like another fair explosion is layered on top of the sun. If you look REALLY closely you can see that the same shape as the fair explosion in the middle of the picture is on top of the sun.

edit- Ok heres something I put together to point everything out. I feel like a complete nerd for doing this but visual aid truly helps, it's hard to explain things only with text. Oh and it's color coded so I made it as easily readable as I could, sorry if it's confusing.

El HP

Smash Ace
All right lets make a comparison.

Look how more detailed samus looks in her MP desing and how it looks with the old desing it looks like a toy.

GraniteJJ

Smash Cadet
I'm just glad that they announced Samus so that we only have to go through announcements of Metaknight, Wario, and Snake before we get to the good stuff. New characters. Like Olimar, Chibi Robo, and whoever else.

Stuhddabahkz

Smash Apprentice
All right lets make a comparison.

Look how more detailed samus looks in her MP desing and how it looks with the old desing it looks like a toy.
The word is design.

And we have to remember, Metroid Prime was made in America, if I recall correctly. Japan couldn't care less about the Prime version of Samus. Besides, Prime is somewhat a darker game, it wouldn't fit with Brawl's cartoony mood. And that suit is way too bulky. So what it looks more realistic? Realism doesn't matter, otherwise...Wario wouldn't be in the game. HAVE YOU SEEN HIS NOSE?

I say the Brawl Samus looks better, anyway, not as big, shinier, smaller, sexier and...more lovable. Besides, the pic of her doing her f-air looks so ****in' real with the lighting.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Smash Bros is a game with multiple characters, Metroid Prime is a game with ONE main character. They're gonna spend more time making MP's design look alot cooler there since it's their main character, since Samus is just one character in Brawl they're not gonna go so far as to add all the tiny little perks that make her look as awesome as she does in her MP suit.

Top Bottom