• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Render Color Palettes

Ndukauba

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ndukauba
3DS FC
4656-8073-6666
Since Mewtwo's official render has been shown during the Nintnedo Direct, I felt it was necessary to make his color palettes that were shown during the Direct. Here you go, and let me know what you think! ^_^

Last edited:

TropicalTaco

Smash Journeyman
Will likely just rock normal Mewtwo, but damn that black/white one and teal-tailed one look amazing, too.

HyperSam14

Smash Rookie
NNID
SamTheTaco14
3DS FC
1220-8299-3333
I'm most likely going to stick with the blue palette. These are really good by the way :)

xPaco

Smash Rookie
NNID
xoXxPACOxXox
3DS FC
0834-2213-5021
Well, most people go toward black color palettes. So I'm going to rock the teal one.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Three more still to be seen. There's better be a light pink Mew one among them. The blue one almost reminds me of Lugia, and of course the dark one calls Shadow Lugia to mind, though it also looks like a darkened swap of his main colors.

Shadow is a little cliche but it really does look great! I'm a little bummed the greenish one isn't more similar to the shiny coloration, but it is still cool

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
There will inevitably be a yellow color like 90% of the cast has. So there's only 2 more colors left.

My guesses are gray/white and Mew Pink.

I'm curious about the other colors, I really hope there will be a red (not orange) color too.
Sorry to dissapoint but since that orange color is exactly the same one that was used for red in Melee that probably is his red color.

Last edited:

Little-Mac!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedrawingdutch
There will inevitably be a yellow color like 90% of the cast has. So there's only 2 more colors left.

My guesses are gray/white and Mew Pink.

Sorry to dissapoint but since that orange color is exactly the same one that was used for red in Melee that probably is his red color.
Yeah I already thought of that but thank you for mentioning anyway! It's just kinda a thing of mine, I always want to play with the red colour of all the characters:p colour might be a bit too important for me..

xPaco

Smash Rookie
NNID
xoXxPACOxXox
3DS FC
0834-2213-5021
I wish it was the movie suit like the one from Project M, but oh well.

Little-Mac!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedrawingdutch
I just made this for the funs, (If there is an option to I would like to put this in a spoiler so I don't make people think this is real which may not happen but you never know... And it also will take up a lot less space)

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I just made this for the funs, (If there is an option to I would like to put this in a spoiler so I don't make people think this is real which may not happen but you never know... And it also will take up a lot less space)

Yea, just type [ collapse ] before the picture and [ /collapse ] after (without spaces).

Also I tend to gravitate torwards black or gray skins but I don't like his shadow skin because I don't like how the tail is lighter than the body. Hopefully he has a gray skin or a skin with a black tail or something.

Little-Mac!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedrawingdutch
Yea, just type [ collapse ] before the picture and [ /collapse ] after (without spaces).

Also I tend to gravitate torwards black or gray skins but I don't like his shadow skin because I don't like how the tail is lighter than the body. Hopefully he has a gray skin or a skin with a black tail or something.
Thanks a lot.
Also, yeah I agree shadow skins are very nice. The light tail does indeed look a bit weirdish compared to the dark body. I hope your wish will come true!

A black-ish mewtwo with a red tail would be awesome too, IMO at least. It would also fit my colour preferations even more (as you can see in my avatar)

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Wait, so he only has two color swaps we haven't seen...it's funny that it's just two, right?
Makes me think of Zero Suit Samus and Little Mac. Zero Suit has two "shorts" costumes and Little Mac has two "hoddie" costumes(not counting wireframe).

...Eh, it's probably nothing. I seriously doubt they'd take something like the armor strait out of the anime, and I really don't think his Mega X form will be a costume when Y is his Final Smash.

Edit: Oops, miscounted. There is actually three color swaps left. Looks like this theory has almost no grounds at all.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I remember when someone suggested that shadow recolor...looks amazing, but I never thought it was a possibility. I'm stoked! And that blue one is beautiful as well. Hope one more is a black tail and I'm set.

What am I talking about, it's Mewtwo. I'd take anything, honestly.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Wait, so he only has two color swaps we haven't seen...it's funny that it's just two, right?
Makes me think of Zero Suit Samus and Little Mac. Zero Suit has two "shorts" costumes and Little Mac has two "hoddie" costumes(not counting wireframe).

...Eh, it's probably nothing. I seriously doubt they'd take something like the armor strait out of the anime, and I really don't think his Mega X form will be a costume when Y is his Final Smash.

Edit: Oops, miscounted. There is actually three color swaps left. Looks like this theory has almost no grounds at all.
There's 3 we haven't seen but a yellow recolor is like 95% certain. About 90% of the cast seems to have some sort of yellow costume.

Shog

Smash Ace
I am honestly satisfied with these colors, so I can't be disappointed (ow the edge for edgy people, and over saturated blue/orange for me hehe)

Luigi player

Smash Master
I wish Mewtwo would change it's eye color to match the colors like it did in Melee... it looked so fitting. :(

Probably still gonna use the blue one <3

Edit: hmm... I guess it really didn't switch eye color in Melee, it was just the shade of the white that changed as well. Then that's what I'd really like to see / fit so much / looked so good.

Last edited:

BZero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
brand23
I love these colors for him! I think I'm gonna main the Blue tailed mewtwo or the teal-ish color palette. Nonetheless, these all look great

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872
That orange one looks really cool as well as the 'Shadow Lugia' one. I wonder what the remaining colors will be, maybe a pink one for mew?

Last edited:

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
The blue one looks really nice, so I'll probably use that one. I wonder what the rest of his colors will be, though? There should be 3 more, right? Well, we'll find out soon enough. :)

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
A shout out to the original Game Boy with a White skin featuring a black tail and eyes would be my main. Also, I can't decide if that teal is supposed to be Shiny or not. Originally I thought it looked more seafoam than straight green, but I watched the trailer on my 60-inch HDTV this morning, and it looked shiny there.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I couldn't resist trying my hand at this, along with two other things I'm hoping for:

These are all awesome! I especially like the Alakazam one, but the Game Boy and Mew ones are really cool, too! If this was the actual palette selection, I honestly wouldn't have a problem with it. I'd probably use the the Alakazam coloration the most. The colors on that one just look so good together.

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
If there's a Mew Pink one (which better be there) then I'll be rocking that color.

Otherwise I'm going Shadow Mewtwo.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I think everyone wants to see this, but we all doubt it'll show.

But then again, Sakurai is a troll, and Nintendo knows we love it. We all loved the shadow and thought that was impossible, but there it was. And the Pokémon universe is the only one which tends to borrow more from the anime than the game...

...Can't get my hopes up.

Top Bottom