• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official OC3 Pacific West Inventory Thread

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
If you are bringing something, arrive at the venue Friday as close to 3pm as possible! For this tourney to work at all, we are relying on those of you who are bringing stuff, please don't flake out!!! Thanks so much, myself and the rest of oc3 staff will see you all there!

If you are located in the pacific west region and you are bringing something to OC3 this is where you post.

The link provided below in yellow is the official thread for OC3 (where, when, regestering, donations, all that jazz)

OC3 ZERO CHALLENGE!!!

As you all may know, OC3 is just around the corner, and it's promising to be the biggest and best tournament yet. But for the tournament to run as smoothly as possible (which is always good) we need TVs, Cubes/Wiis, VCRs (to tape every minute of awesome matches), Chairs, and Tables. And we need A LOT of all of them; there's expected to be 300+ at OC3!!!

Remember! The tournament will only run smooth if people bring stuff. We don't want to be stuck with 20 tvs hosting around 300 people. We want a surplus of tvs and cubes so the tournament will run smooth and we can all play friendlies with others from across the U.S. and even the World! So if you "donate" (bring an item from above) it will be greatly appreciated.

For those of you who do not know, you CAN sleep at the venue, so don't worry, your stuff wont be taken. We will also have a labeling process for everything that you bring so nothing is confused when leaving the tournament. A few transformers have also voluntered for security, so we should be set ;)

I would also like to take a minute to remind everyone that the Japanese players want to come more than anything in the world, but it's going to take some generous money for them to make it out. This is not mandatory, we wont hate you if you don't, but the Japanese players would love you if you do decide to donate! Everything helps, even 5$ bucks out of one of your paychecks would make a difference. PM me, ken, mana, arash, rickety, or visit the official OC3 Thread (top of the page in yellow) and post there if you decide to be a superhero and donte! Thanks everyone, I know I can count on you all to help shape OC3 to become amazing.

We plan on having a "Friendlies Zone" at OC3, where you guessed it, no tournament only friendlies! But this is only possible if... all you gangstas bring TV's and Cubes.
I have two words to persuade you all... Do it.

WE CAN ALSO USE SPARE ADAPTERS, MEM. CARDS, GAME DISKS, EXC.

WE CAN HIT 20... RIGHT?

TV's
1. TheBOSS
2. Maple
3. Maple
4. Deth
5. Edrees
6. Zephyr
7. Bone
8. Rickety
9. Azn_Lep
10. Azn_Lep
11. Arash
12. Nealdt (picked up by Game II)
13. MrB1tch3s
14. Mrb1tch3s
15. Sushiman
16. Sushiman
17. Stryderhyru
18. Stryderhyru
19. HugQ
20. HugQ
24. Amon Amarth
25. St. Patrick
26. ModusOperandi

CUBES/Wii (IF U ARE BRINGING A CUBE OR WII MAKE SURE U BRING SMASH DISK!!!)
1. TheBOSS
2. Maple
3. Edrees
4. Romeo619
5. Bone
6. Bone
7. Eternal Phoenix Fire
8. Eternal Phoenix Fire
9. Rickety
10. Ultra Luigi
11. Atlus8
12. St. Patrick
13. Azn_Lep
14. AznForce817
15. Arash
16. Resident Waffle
17. Mrb1tch3s
18. Sushiman
19. Stryderhyru
20. Stryrderhyru
21. Stryderhyru (needs smash disk)
22. Emerican
23. Trafficwarden99
24. ModusOperandi
25. HydroKirby
26. HugQ

If you are bringing a VCR, please set it to standard play (SP)!!!

VCR's
1. Deth
2. Romeo619
3. TheGameII (+2 other recording devices)
4. Bone
5. Rickety
6. Azn_Lep
7. Arash
8. Resident Waffle
9. Mrb1tch3s
10. Sushiman

CHAIRS/TABLES *= the number of tvs and cubes that tables will hold.

1. TheBOSS- 3 tables (*7); 8 chairs
2. Deth- 1 table (*1); 2 portable benches
3. Romeo619- 4 chairs
4. Mrb1tch3s- 12 chairs

The Game II

Smash Champion
If you are bringing a VCR, please set it to standard play (SP)!!!

This is very VERY important.

If it is on a faster speed, there is a risk of not being able to encode the matches. It's happened to me twice in the past couple of months. We're talking a loss of 30 matches from two tournaments.

I know that EP = more time = more matches. However, tracking devices on vcrs do not match.

So please set it to standard play.

public service announcement over

--GCII

aznforce817

Smash Lord
Ken i hoped to play you again soon and hopefully at least see you :p. have a good trip to australia. (i think thats where ur going... lol) anywayz my question was is it possible to request a match of ours to be recorded? i always wanted to do that and put them up on youtube but i dont know exactly how to do it... :( if someone would pm me a description on the steps to get it recorded and on the comp that would be awesome. thanks :D

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Let's go, people. 0C3 staff are gonna need more TVs than this!

I'd volunteer my TV except I'll only be able to drop by for a short period on Saturday. You're welcome to it, though, if someone can pick it up from my place.

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
Let's go, people. 0C3 staff are gonna need more TVs than this!

I'd volunteer my TV except I'll only be able to drop by for a short period on Saturday. You're welcome to it, though, if someone can pick it up from my place.
Indeed! We need a lot more than this. Ken, Mike, Arash, + the rest of OC3 staff will be contributing a whole bunch to this tourney (tvs, cubes, exc.). But even with that plus what we have so far, it's not enough. Let's make it happen people!

mrb1tch3s

Smash Ace
Zok SO!... I need a ride to this... And if its possible that i CAN get a ride...I can bring the following...

Cube: 1
TV: 2 probably 1 semi big 1 semi small
Chairs: 12 stackable...
VCR: 1

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
Zok SO!... I need a ride to this... And if its possible that i CAN get a ride...I can bring the following...

Cube: 1
TV: 2 probably 1 semi big 1 semi small
Chairs: 12 stackable...
VCR: 1
I'll put u down for now and pm you (and everyone else) that's on the list at least 2 weeks before OC3 to confirm that your still attending and if u can still bring the items. Thanks!

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
at the Recent tournament in Westminster, people brought way more than enough tv's that some people who ended up bringing tvs didn't use them due to the lack of space.

However we have space at 0c3 and we need more tv's than ever. I know people who have plenty of tv's to offer, but aren't responding to this thread.

HUGQ said he could bring 4 tv's to 0c3 and he doesn't live too far away from the venue. Anyways, 0c3 is a month away, having everything ready Asap is always the best choice to go.

who else can help provide tv's? please please please the 0c3 staff, cannot do this without the help of socal!!

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
I have two TVs , one VCR, and a GC, available but I'm probably not going to be able to attend 0C3, so I'll have to drop it off at Ken's house after my July tournament is over.

Unless of course I convince my parents to let me go, then I could bring the TVs myself.

stryderhyru

Smash Journeyman
i can bring 2 cubes and a wii if nessecary ken let me kno if u want em or not on aim my s/n is akinarybitotze iv i/med u bfor but iono if u have my aim but yea id gladly help out for this awsome event and i cant wait to see all the competition ....now if only i were better o.o xPPP

also i have a tv or 2 i can bring

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
I forgot to mention that my AV cables don't work anymore so I'll be using an RF adapter. I'm pretty sure there's going to be tvs where I can hook this thing up.

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
i can bring 2 cubes and a wii if nessecary ken let me kno if u want em or not on aim my s/n is akinarybitotze iv i/med u bfor but iono if u have my aim but yea id gladly help out for this awsome event and i cant wait to see all the competition ....now if only i were better o.o xPPP

also i have a tv or 2 i can bring
It's so much of a help, thank you! And yes, we will want them lol, we need everything we can get due to lack of donations this year. Thanks again!

I have two TVs , one VCR, and a GC, available but I'm probably not going to be able to attend 0C3, so I'll have to drop it off at Ken's house after my July tournament is over.

Unless of course I convince my parents to let me go, then I could bring the TVs myself.
Great man, thanks. Really appreciate it :)

I forgot to mention that my AV cables don't work anymore so I'll be using an RF adapter. I'm pretty sure there's going to be tvs where I can hook this thing up.
Thanks for the note ultra, RF will work just fine on some of the tv's i'm sure.

stryderhyru

Smash Journeyman
slight problem i have 2 gc;s and a wii but only 2 smash diskes i have 3 memory cards though so if sumone cant bring there gc or watever but can bring a disk i culd bring my wii ...srry for the inconvienace like this ....sux xPPP

I might be able to take a TV if my ride has the necessary amount of space,but I doubt it.I'm not making guarantees.

Also,if there's anyone who lives in LongBeach(Preferably 90805 Area Code) who''s going to this,I need a ride.I can pay for gas and what not.Just send me a PM.

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
slight problem i have 2 gc;s and a wii but only 2 smash diskes i have 3 memory cards though so if sumone cant bring there gc or watever but can bring a disk i culd bring my wii ...srry for the inconvienace like this ....sux xPPP
Not a problem, I'll add the necessary info. Thanks you so much!

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
Hey, I might be able to snake the small TV I have in my garage for this. So put me down for a tentative TV as well as the cube you already have me down for.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm

if anyone has vcrs those will be important. Game cubes are a must and tvs are the biggest issues. The more tvs we got the bigger the friendlies area can be which is a benefit to all the smashers who want to train before the huge event. Oc3 is going to be huge this year and the more tvs,cubes,and equipment the smoother the tournament runs. WE dont want to be up all night finishing the event, and everyone wants to go to bed etc.

The Game II

Smash Champion
OK I'm looking at my calendar, and I see no tournaments (in any game) on July 19, the day before OC3.

If we can drop off our equipment on that day (can't be the 18th or 17th because there are tournaments that day), then I'm willing to go around SoCal and pick up people's tvs/gcs/wiis/vcrs.

Let me know, and then I'll start a list tonight of people's things I'll be picking up.

--GCII

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
OK I'm looking at my calendar, and I see no tournaments (in any game) on July 19, the day before OC3.

If we can drop off our equipment on that day (can't be the 18th or 17th because there are tournaments that day), then I'm willing to go around SoCal and pick up people's tvs/gcs/wiis/vcrs.

Let me know, and then I'll start a list tonight of people's things I'll be picking up.

--GCII
we can start dropping off equipment at earliest the 19th. However, let me confirm exactly what time we can do this. I'll be going to talk to the warehouse owner for one last time this thursday to comfirm everything that's going on.

stryderhyru

Smash Journeyman
im psyked about this and wat not but i feel like im not "skilled" enough i dont wanna pay 75$ to lose first match u kno (im still goin nun the less) im tryin to find sumone to help but everyone has been reel busy lately o.o it sux and im not gettin any better xPPP....if anyone can help id reely apreciate it .....xP and ima donate sum muny soon to help may not be alot but ill donate wat i can ^_^

a-mar

Smash Cadet
hey me and a friend are going to oc3,

but we are taking the amtrak to socal

we read the rules of the train and it said no valuable electronics,

we may try to sneak our cubes in our suitcases though.

if we can do that, would you like us to bring them??

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
hey me and a friend are going to oc3,

but we are taking the amtrak to socal

we read the rules of the train and it said no valuable electronics,

we may try to sneak our cubes in our suitcases though.

if we can do that, would you like us to bring them??
that would be amazing if you could. thanks for ur support!

Top Bottom