• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL NJ-Central SUNDAY BI-WEEKLIES - Central NJ, 4/20

CuLo

Smash Cadet
NJCentral SINGLES Brawl ! APRIL 20th !
First tournament in this REGION [i think]

Location [LOOK AT THE MAPS]:

Two Turns off Route 1 [Menlo Mall area]
9 Merker Drive
Edison, NJ 08837

Phone: 908.510.4008
Email: carloapena@gmail.com
Aim: CuuLo

Schedule:

Sunday, April 20th

The tournament is starting on time. If you are going to be late you MUST call me and I'll add you into the bracket.

2:00 P.M. - 4:00 P.M. Registration/Free Play/Set-up
4:00 P.M. - Tournament Starts

Entry Fees:

$10 per person

Prizes:

First Place - 70%
Second Place - 20%
Third Place - 10%

The more people come, the bigger the pot will grow! Of course, the title is what's most important!

Rules:

Format:

- Double elimination.

Match Rules:

- All matches are best-of-three. Winner's Finals and Loser's Finals are best-of-five.
- Players meeting twice in tournament play will expand their previous set to a best-of-eleven continuation.
- The Grand Finals set will be two best-of-five sets. Grand Finals will not be a continuation set.
- All matches are three stock with a six minute time limit.
- Sudden Death will not be played. Ties are broken by percentage. If percentages are equal, then sudden death will be played.
- Items AND Smash Ball will be OFF.

Stage Selection:

- If players can NOT agree on a stage, RANDOM will be selected.
- Loser picks next stage
-If two players agree on a banned stage, then they can feel free to play on it.

Character Selection:

- Don't be an ******* about this one. No rules.

Stage Listing

Neutrals
:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpicks
:
Pokemon Stadium 1
Delfino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion
Pirate Ship
Castle Siege
Halberd
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Pokemon Stadium 2
Jungle Japes - Melee
Corneria - Melee
Rainbow Cruise - Melee
Green Greens - Melee
Brinstar - Melee

Banned:
Mushroomy Kingdom
Mario Circuit
Rumble Falls
Bridge of Eldin
Spear Pillar
Port Town Aero Dive
Skyworld
WarioWare, Inc.
Distant Planet
Summit
75m
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
Pictochat
Hanenbow
Shadow Moses Island
Green Hill Zone
Temple - Melee
Yoshi's Island - Melee
Onett - Melee
Big Blue - Melee

Other Rules:

You will disqualified if you use modded controllers or the programmable functions on third-party controllers (like rapid-fire).

Of course, you cannot use glitches or stalling to either disable your opponent or indefinitely suspend match play. Doing so can lead to match forfeiture or tournament disqualification. This includes things like the Falco-laser-lock, don't do crap like this.

In an effort to prevent bracket manipulation and to preserve the spirit of the tournament, the following rule is in effect. Matches or entire sets may not, under any circumstances, be voluntarily forfeit by any player for any reason. Match or set forfeiture occurs upon the discovery of a broken rule. Absence from a match or set or voluntary forfeiture will result in total disqualification. Make sure you have a way of being contacted if you happen to be absent from your set when the time to play comes. You can also notify tournament staff if you will be running late beforehand or at any time during the tournament.

Coaching is allowed between matches, but no mid-match instruction may occur. Talking, sneering, and giggling from coaches is allowed, but coaches can be silenced at the request of any player currently engaged in a set.

Trash talking IS ENCOURAGED. No fighting, no rough stuff, no overly abusive language or yelling...you know the deal. Be nice, and try to be good about when you lose because (almost) everyone is guaranteed to lose at least once, so just be good about it.

BYOC (Bring your own controller) kthx.

Other Notes:

The ruleset IS open to change.

Bringing TVs, Wiis, copies of the game, and cravecase from WhiteCastle would be a great help. Please bring any of these items if you can, preferably a cravecase. If you do, please be sure to mark them in some way, shape, or form so that they can be identified as your own.

THOSE THAT DONATE A WHITECASTLE CRAVECASE WILL HAVE PRIORITY ON STAGEPICKS.

Tell all your friends! :D

CuLo

Smash Cadet
Feel free to Pre-Register by thread post in this format:

Name
Town
Tag [optional]

ulzimate

Smash Rookie
Name - Simon
Town - Edison (North side *****es)
Tag - D??E

What happened to your other thread?

Azyndevil

Smash Rookie
Name: Andre Gabriel
Town: Formerly from edison, but now from Deptford (south jersey)
Tag: DVL50

Name: Dan Bielaszka
Town: Formerly form Clifton, but comes from Deptford as well
Tag: PIT01

Name: Chris Bielaszka
Town: Same as above
Tag: ??

Name: Vincent Gabriel
Town: Deptford
Tag: Nills

Is it at someone's house or is this at a shop?

Azyndevil

Smash Rookie
I sitll want to know if this is at someone's house? And also how many people do we have so far?

KuroX

Smash Rookie
Hey, what's up?
Do you still need anything, as far as system, game, and controllers and such? I'm willing to contribute whatever is needed to help out. I'll be bringing a friend with me.

Antony
East Brunswick
KuroX

Sharief
Manalapan
Shefu

CuLo

Smash Cadet
This is at my house. Next Bi-Weekly will be at an actual venue. There are 26 confirmed contestants. KuroX, bring your system and game. If you can bring a whitecastle cravecase, feel free to do so as well.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
culo let me go to the next one lol plz pm me with the info i reaaally wanna go. is it brawl or melee or both?

oh and the info :

name-crizthakidd
town-somerville
tag- Seph

sevenmorehills

Smash Cadet
Two of us (hope its not too late)

Name-Mike
Town- South Brunswick
Tag: Mike

Name: Nick
Town: East Brunswick