• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official monthly tourney thread

BladeRadio0

Smash Apprentice
i guess we could give out some cool stages i have a few really good one but i won't do anything else with the Wii code it's my family wii. I'll be gone for the next few weeks so sorry if you don't get invited anytime. btw Corneria is my favorite stage with a few others but i'm not really the one influeincing the stages am i? Hey cool fox and freinds is talking about Virtual consle on wii.... Kid icuaris and Super mario bros..... Anyways sorry about the randam part anyways good luck and i'll see ya in a few weeks. Thank you so much bryonman this would'nt work without your help.

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
No problem.

I have some cool custom stages (but that depends on your definition of cool) that I could offer as well then.

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
The 30th is a Wednesday, but the time is GMT, which is the basis for the world's time right? So if you are in a different time zone you may make it...

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
I have another question. I just joined the monthly tournament club apparently. After I did this, I couldn't find any links or anything that said that I was in a club or anything... How do I check up too see what group I am in?

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
Go to your profile by clicking your name at the top and then go to social groups at the bottom and click on it.

But just for future notice, if you have questions like this just pm me or Blade or leave either of us a visitor message.

However I just noticed blade is out until the 27th so I guess until then just contact me...

leogeo2

Smash Cadet
No Spamming... you are telling people to not play their style? Cheapness is only determined by the fact that you are unable to counter it.

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
You play zelda right? Its just like don't just use your side b, then run away when people get near you and do it again. Thats not really skill. You can use your side B but don't do just that.

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
I don't see why you can't join...As for being pared with snake...I can't make any promises...

crazn137

Smash Journeyman
I personally don't see Zelda's Din's Fire as a problem. Its just a simple camping game that is no different than Snake, TL, or any other character.

Also - Asking people not to infinite is like asking not to Chain Grab. When you're fighting a competent Ice Climbers, getting grabbed means losing a stock. If someone is placed in a spot where they can quickly get their opponent to high percentages, then you'll see that happening.

My point is, having a ban on infinites doesn't seem very practical. My suggestion is to set a rule on the amount of time that can be spent on infinites. For example, you'll lose the round if you use an infinite past 150% or so. You could set it to a lower percent like 100% if you wanted, I'm just suggesting to put limits.

Please, please, please do not allow Pokemon Stadium 2 as a stage! The conveyor belts and air jets are ridiculous. Just use PK 1 =(

What are the rules for counterpick stages? Are we using counterpicks at all?

On a lighter note.

Byronman said that constantly retreating Din's Fire is cheap.

:laugh:

chckn

Smash Ace
Please let me join but don't pair me up with a snake plz.
LMFAO, plz no spamz and dont use snake hes soooo broken omg. This is rediculoous. How can you possibly limit the way that people play and request to not play a certain character in a tournament. Many times tournament play revolves around heavy use of projectiles as well as defensive gameplay. How are you going to determine spamming? Will you put a limit on the amount of times someone can use a certain move? Or will you just ban specials like falcos laser and pits arrows all together?

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
LMFAO, plz no spamz and dont use snake hes soooo broken omg. This is rediculoous. How can you possibly limit the way that people play and request to not play a certain character in a tournament. Many times tournament play revolves around heavy use of projectiles as well as defensive gameplay. How are you going to determine spamming? Will you put a limit on the amount of times someone can use a certain move? Or will you just ban specials like falcos laser and pits arrows all together?
Well first you are asking how you could request not to play a character while you yourself are asking to ban a character?

Second I guess infinites are ok up to...75%, but if enough people don't want it then there is justification to banning it. And like I said before: you can't just do a move, run away, and continue to do that move for a large part of the match. We won't ban special moves. Just don't be cheap because that is not real skill.

Byronman said that constantly retreating Din's Fire is cheap.

:laugh:
Is that a joke? Because if it is...I don't get it...

lilthunder91013

Smash Cadet
The problem with trying to ban spamming is you cant really determine the specific amount that is considered spamming. I'm in no way saying that it's fair or should be allowed i'm just saying its not possible to determine what the amount is. My thought on infinites is it is only useful on corneria because of the wall, so it is not going to be a huge problem. I do however like the 75% limit rule. Next subject i'd like to cover is banning characters. IMO it is the stupidest thought ever, that's all that needs to be said. Next, on the agenda is stages. My stage picks are FD, Smashville, Lyat Cruise, Yoshi's Island, Corneria, Battlefield, Halberd and Pokemon Stadium 1 (basically anything neutral). Last, but not least, prizes i would say is an interesting stage. Prize money would be nice but kinda dumb because its free entry, that goes the same with wii points.

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
Which is just a basic summery of all my posts here so far...

But the amount that is considered spamming...75% with infinites, 5 IC chain throws (don't complain its 3 in texas), and 7 with one move over and over again until you move on with something else.

If anyone has any better suggestions, just post them.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I would like to participate :) I want to see how I fare against "tourney" players!

As for Snake..feel free to pair me up with him, lol

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
"Time: 5:00pm GMT"

Er, what time would that be, Eastern USA? I might be working then, since I just noticed it's a Wednesday, unless I'm not at that job anymore.

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
Well GMT is the world standard so I guess eastern time would be -4 hours. So the tourney is at 1pm for you.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Well crap, I get out of work at 2 at the very earliest >_>

There's no way I can come an hour or 2 late is there..

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
There might be. I may have to talk with Blade about the time. It is kind of weird...unless he lives in England...

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
That is a group anyone can join so just follow the link and click "join group" near the top to join. This way we will have a better idea as to how many we have. It will also have updated tourney info since blade hasn't been here to update his first post or invite more people to the group

chckn

Smash Ace
Which is just a basic summery of all my posts here so far...

But the amount that is considered spamming...75% with infinites, 5 IC chain throws (don't complain its 3 in texas), and 7 with one move over and over again until you move on with something else.

If anyone has any better suggestions, just post them.
God thats so dumb. You cannot limit the amount of times you do a move over and over. Anyways anyone with half a brain would realize that b/c of decay it would be useless to do just one moves. And btw I was being sarcastic about the snake comment -_-.

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
God thats so dumb. You cannot limit the amount of times you do a move over and over. Anyways anyone with half a brain would realize that b/c of decay it would be useless to do just one moves. And btw I was being sarcastic about the snake comment -_-.
Look there is no need to be harsh. We decided to get rid of the move limit (though the infinite and chain grab thing still stands). And I am sorry I can't tell when you are typing sarcasm. If you want, use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] lol

And sudsy, sorry you can't come. Maybe you can make the next one...

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
Well, coincidentally, my employer can't afford to keep me on an 8:30- 1 PM job, so I can make about two hours of it or so. Could it start around 12 or so?

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
Well kind of. You have to join the social group. The link is posted above. Make sure to confirm you are going on the day of the tourney. We are discussing a new date and time because the one right now is too inconvenient for too many people.

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
Ok I am triple posting for two reasons

1. Knew and important information about this tournament
2. To bump this thread.

Notice: So, this tournament has long since moved from here to a social group, however that social group had problems so it moved to another social group. Now the person who made that group left and I had nor bladeradio0 had no control over the group so I have made another new social group! The group can be located here: http://smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=323

This new group has new rules. These online tournaments will be held every Saturday at varying times. Check the group for times. We will meet in the xat chatroom here: www.freewebs.com/bladeradio0. So everyone hurry up and join this new group!

Top Bottom