• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Melee Texture Hack Thread

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Can someone make a version of this Falcon that has green instead of orange and takes over Green Falcon?
Here you are, sir. Your very own Green replacement Green/White Falcon recolor. Download Here

You should specify what kind of green to help TerryJaMaster complete your request.
All he said was green so I just went with what I thought would look nice.

@ Veggies Veggies

Name: Green/White Falcon (Green Replacement)
Made By: TerryJ
Download Link Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/pah6sp83a440bcf/Green-White (Green) PlCaGr.dat.zip

Veggies

Smash Journeyman

Its_Alpaca

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
THIS IS HOWS ITS DONE PEOPLE
THIS FORMAT RIGHT ****ING HERE
Added.
Thanks mate.
aw yis. Thank you, sir!
Not a problem mate. Was this the shade of green you were hoping for? I was thinking about taking the shade of green from the normal green Falcon but instead I went with a bright lime greenish looking color. I like bright colors. :D
Also, my apologies for the delay in response. I got distracted by Dark Souls.
Happens to the best of us lol

Last edited:

Its_Alpaca

Smash Apprentice
Thanks mate.

Not a problem mate. Was this the shade of green you were hoping for? I was thinking about taking the shade of green from the normal green Falcon but instead I went with a bright lime greenish looking color. I like bright colors. :D
It looks great! I was going to ask if it would be possible to kinda make it darker, but I don't wanna be "That Guy"

if possible though, it'd be kinda bad ass.

Last edited:

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
It looks great! I was going to ask if it would be possible to kinda make it darker, but I don't wanna be "That Guy"

if possible though, it'd be kinda bad ***.
This really only takes a small amount of work on my end so I'm happy to oblige, especially since I can't play Smash right now as I don't have my Wii and I ****ed up tough trying to install a modchip to my gamecube and ended up breaking a small chip inside of it, so I don't have much else to do right now. Well, I mean, I cooould put together a franken cube from my spare parts right now but forget doing any actual work right now. :D

Though, before I start, is this the color of green that you want?
(the vanilla green color) or something darker? Obviously I'd apply this not to his chest, but to everything else not-white.

Last edited:

Veggies

Smash Journeyman
Is anyone here experienced with whatever code was used to make MeleeToolkit? Would it be possible to insert a hue/saturation/brightness/contrast editor into it?

Its_Alpaca

Smash Apprentice
Was actually wanting it kind of like

Apologies for the small sample, had to crop it from one of the alts for Fox from the OP

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Was actually wanting it kind of like

Apologies for the small sample, had to crop it from one of the alts for Fox from the OP
If you could point me to that reskin for fox I could pull the color directly.

Is anyone here experienced with whatever code was used to make MeleeToolkit? Would it be possible to insert a hue/saturation/brightness/contrast editor into it?
I wish I was capable of doing something like that. It sounds like it would be a fairly simple thing do add but what do I know.

Last edited:

Its_Alpaca

Smash Apprentice

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
@ Its_Alpaca Its_Alpaca

Here you go! :D I worked a bit more on this one so it took a little longer than expected. I was having troubles getting the right color. This time I think I got it.

@ Veggies Veggies
Could I request that you change the name of my other green one to Lime Green? Please and thank you. Actually, if you feel this is clutter feel free to just remove the first one, it's up to you I don't really care.

Name: Dark Green & White Falcon (Green Replacement)
Download Link Here: Download

Thinking about it now, should I just make this type of costume (X and White) in every color? One for each color replacement at least is what I'm thinking. Might be sexy..

Last edited:

Its_Alpaca

Smash Apprentice
@ Its_Alpaca Its_Alpaca

Here you go! :D I worked a bit more on this one so it took a little longer than expected. I was having troubles getting the right color. This time I think I got it.

@ Veggies Veggies
Could I request that you change the name of my other green one to Lime Green? Please and thank you. Actually, if you feel this is clutter feel free to just remove the first one, it's up to you I don't really care.

Name: Dark Green & White Falcon (Green Replacement)
Download Link Here: Download

Thinking about it now, should I just make this type of costume (X and White) in every color? One for each color replacement at least is what I'm thinking. Might be sexy..
Hell yessss, that's perfect! And I would totally replace all my Falcons with X+White alts.

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Been working on a project, fairly slowly until now.

It looks like absolute sh*t right now because I'm using my green falcon skin folder as a project folder right now but I'm trying to make a James McCloud reskin from F-Zero. Most of these textures I've actually ripped from an F-Zero ISO, using a program called gxgma. It doesn't seem to dump all of the textures, but it seems most of them are there. Glove, chest, helmet orb thing and back. If I can figure out how to do vertex modding stuff I'd like to get his helmet changed into his hair. Also the triangle things on his shins are my crappy attempt at drawing.

Here are all the images it dumped: https://imgur.com/a/SeIym#0
https://imgur.com/a/SeIym#0
I'd love some help with this, or hell if someone wants to just take this over feel free, I just really want to see some more F-Zero characters made into playable textures.

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Ha! This is awesome!

Can you remove the name "Scar" from it? I didn't mean for it to be that personalized.

I want to get around to making a purple version at some point, cause that would be dope.
It took me like a minute to remove it, so here you go. Download Here
I take no credit for this.

Edit:

Is there any way to bulk import/export texture files into .dat files? It'd be sooo nifty if there were. I just got done making a ton of textures and I'm about to put them all into each color of Falcon's costumes so this is going to be time consuming. Luckily though, I'm very good with keyboard shortcuts so it'll take me like half the time it would if I were using just a mouse. :D

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
It took me like a minute to remove it, so here you go. Download Here
I take no credit for this.

Edit:

Is there any way to bulk import/export texture files into .dat files? It'd be sooo nifty if there were. I just got done making a ton of textures and I'm about to put them all into each color of Falcon's costumes so this is going to be time consuming. Luckily though, I'm very good with keyboard shortcuts so it'll take me like half the time it would if I were using just a mouse. :D
Thanks! And no, there is not a way that I know of unfortunately.

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I present to you, all the Falcon's of the Rainbow!

I've made it so you can download each one of these individually, or, download the whole pack with or without the source! Yay for options.

Rainbow Falcon Whole Pack
Whole Pack + Source

Individual Colors:

Blue Falcon: Download

Cyan Falcon: Download

Green Falcon: Download

Magenta Falcon: Download

Orange Falcon: Download (updated from my previous ones)

Red Falcon: Download

Violet Falcon: Download

Yellow Falcon: Download

[collapse=Shoutouts/Thanks]
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 For pointing out that it's piss ****ing easy to make textures for Melee, also a ton of other **** I don't need to write about.
@ Veggies Veggies For making a new, very organized thread. Sorry for this post though, I really have no idea how you want to go about adding this to the main post if you want to at all, I suck at post formatting. :D
@ Doq Doq For making his Purin Pack, I probably wouldn't have wanted/thought of to do this is if he didn't make his pack at all.
@InternetExplorer MeleeToolkit is easily my favorite tool for obvious reasons. Only thing it's missing is bulk import/export! <3
[/collapse]

Veggies

Smash Journeyman
I present to you, all the Falcon's of the Rainbow!

I've made it so you can download each one of these individually, or, download the whole pack with or without the source! Yay for options.

Rainbow Falcon Whole Pack
Whole Pack + Source

Individual Colors:

Blue Falcon: Download

Cyan Falcon: Download

Green Falcon: Download

Magenta Falcon: Download

Orange Falcon: Download (updated from my previous ones)

Red Falcon: Download

Violet Falcon: Download

Yellow Falcon: Download

[collapse=Shoutouts/Thanks]
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 For pointing out that it's piss ****ing easy to make textures for Melee, also a ton of other **** I don't need to write about.
@ Veggies Veggies For making a new, very organized thread. Sorry for this post though, I really have no idea how you want to go about adding this to the main post if you want to at all, I suck at post formatting. :D
@ Doq Doq For making his Purin Pack, I probably wouldn't have wanted/thought of to do this is if he didn't make his pack at all.
@InternetExplorer MeleeToolkit is easily my favorite tool for obvious reasons. Only thing it's missing is bulk import/export! <3
[/collapse]
All the nips are pink

Veggies

Smash Journeyman
New "Skin Pack" section added to the bottom of the skin section. I will try to group together a few more skins that have a theme and put them in there. These will be alphabetically organized.

Doq

Smash Lord
Much sexy falcons @ TerryJ TerryJ . I still need to get around to making Flower Purins. Not gonna be as easy as Bows or Bandanas but it shouldn't be as hard as the blasted crown coming soon.

Looks like a duck foot imo. That's the Flower texture.

Last edited:

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Much sexy falcons @ TerryJ TerryJ . I still need to get around to making Flower Purins. Not gonna be as easy as Bows or Bandanas but it shouldn't be as hard as the blasted crown coming soon.

Looks like a duck foot imo. That's the Flower texture.
Thanks mate. The bow, bandana and Flower are all one texture right? IIRC the Crown is like four textures. Shouldn't be too hard but I could see it being time consuming trying to get the jewels to look good with what ever colors you're going with. The color changing tool and Curves has done wonders for me.

If I were to have seen that image without any context I'd say it were a ducks foot too! lol

Orange & White Fox (PlFxOr.dat)
Download: mediafire.com/download/z46o6e72lksjc5l/PlFxOr.dat
That is filthyyy

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
Thanks mate. The bow, bandana and Flower are all one texture right? IIRC the Crown is like four textures. Shouldn't be too hard but I could see it being time consuming trying to get the jewels to look good with what ever colors you're going with. The color changing tool and Curves has done wonders for me.
Bandana is two textures, the tied part and the rest of it, but bow and flower are one texture. Crown is 4: Red gem, blue gem, detail, and the overall crown.

I'm going to probably make 3 packs for the crown, solely from the number of possibilities for it.

Last edited:

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Bandana is two textures, the tied part and the rest of it, but bow and flower are one texture. Crown is 4: Red gem, blue gem, detail, and the overall crown.

I'm going to probably make 3 packs for the crown, solely from the number of possibilities for it.
It'd be cool if there were some type of program, or way to select which parts the player would want to add. Like dropdown boxes or something to choose which parts of each costumes textures you want to be a specific color.

Doq

Smash Lord
It'd be cool if there were some type of program, or way to select which parts the player would want to add. Like dropdown boxes or something to choose which parts of each costumes textures you want to be a specific color.
I want to do something like that, but I know no knowledge in C# (C++?) programming, which Melee Toolkit is programmed in. Although that would be sweet!

PatShoter

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1032-1301-3604
Does anyone have the Falco Texture with the Pink Jacket and White Pants? Would be cool if someone posted it.
just type ' Mang0 + Alex19 + LuCKy = **** x3' into the youtube search bar. (Can't post links yet)

birdfox

Smash Rookie
I want this so so badly. Can you link me to any tutorials on using the .usd file? Doesn't seem as simple as the other retextures on here, and google searches for .usd programs just seem to complicate the matter.

Thanks!

Veggies

Smash Journeyman
I want this so so badly. Can you link me to any tutorials on using the .usd file? Doesn't seem as simple as the other retextures on here, and google searches for .usd programs just seem to complicate the matter.

Thanks!
Read the FAQ
Specifically the HOW I DO THING? Q.

Veggies

Smash Journeyman

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
hey guys i need help my melee gets frozen wen i try 2 use zelda neutral custom
You may have replaced her neutral skin with one of a different color. When skins are created they're created using the container for that color. As an example, you can not place Blue Falcon's skin onto Red without converting it first otherwise it will cause a crash.

If this is the problem, I'd be happy to convert the skin to another pallet if you want you'd just need to point me in the direction of which skin you want converted.

Top Bottom