• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Melee Texture Hack Thread

DuckPimp

Smash Ace
Yes, sometimes people make alt costumes that are requested here. Could you give more details about the color for the jacket, I'm guessing you want the feathers to be pink. You might be interested in this already existing pink falco found on page 1 of this thread under red falco:

i am aware of the pink falco jacket, but thank you for your recommendation

if someone is interested in making it i can provide the color schemes that i want, but i do not have it fully planned out at this point

but yeah id want pink feathers, thats the main thing

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
I thought I once saw a Falco in a suit... Can anyone link me to it, or was I just imagining...

divekicked

Smash Cadet
Not as easy as you think. There are game functions specific to stages and even if you were to take a Yoshis stage file and rename it and replace MK, the game doesn't know you did that and will still execute the MK game functions which would freeze it instantly. You would need to have a stage swap code to load yoshis instead of MK, and then you would need to have it change the filename of the yoshis story stage to a secondary file that you have added to the filesystem/overwritten. And then it will load that secondary Yoshi's file that could be a different texture.
Sorry to bring an old discussion back up, but is there any documentation/examples on how to do this?

Mingo

Smash Cadet
Ummm the link for this sexy thing in the red falco section appears to be broken, ;( could someone fix this pretty please? XD
Seriously tho.... @ Veggies Veggies , @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 , @Dr.Pr.Mr. ........ anybody.
Also the Pokeball Kirby link just links you to the "Cute Kirby" so if someone could fix that as well that would be SUPER DUPER!! XD
Name: Pokeball Kirby
Made By: ???
Download Link Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/95p856kdmy5tcr3/Cute_Kirby_(Original_Kirby).zip

Veggies

Smash Journeyman

SnG | Skin

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

Skeptixz

Smash Cadet
Working on the chu now. I have the c9 doc on my list but theres a few others i want to do before it.

Holy hell pikachu is so easy to work with.

Name: Green Lantern Chu (Replaces red)
Made by: Skin
Download Link Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/6xclly5do8t42ty
Skin, maybe you could make istead of a raichu texture for pikachu, just a recolor

Do you think you could do it? I would be forever grateful
:026::025:

<3

SnG | Skin

Smash Apprentice
Skin, maybe you could make istead of a raichu texture for pikachu, just a recolor

Do you think you could do it? I would be forever grateful
:026::025:

<3
Sure, although pikachu doesn't have very many textures (only 20 actually) so theres not a huge venue for creativity but i'll give it a shot.

Keep in mind im studying for finals right now so i probably won't work on any melee hacking until next Tuesday or so.

Edit: I was looking around for inspiration and got a little carried away...

Name: Raichu
Download Link Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/no8wgogt108b49j

Last edited:

Skeptixz

Smash Cadet
Sure, although pikachu doesn't have very many textures (only 20 actually) so theres not a huge venue for creativity but i'll give it a shot.

Keep in mind im studying for finals right now so i probably won't work on any melee hacking until next Tuesday or so.

Edit: I was looking around for inspiration and got a little carried away...

Name: Raichu
Download Link Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/no8wgogt108b49j
ty ty ty ty ty :026:

marmle

Smash Rookie
Hey would anyone happen to have the yoshi's story texture at around 0:30 in this video? It's rainbow colored, and it looks like some parts of it change color (It wasn't in the yoshi's story list on the first page).
Thanks!

Chayce

Smash Cadet
NNID
C9-TANG

LydianAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
@ Veggies Veggies I'm in Antioch as well. :p I'm having trouble getting the Pink / Blue Falco (Fox recolor) to work... :/ anyone else been able to get it to work?
http://www.mediafire.com/download/d92swyh7n9rlvwt/pifcbu.dat
one thing I noticed is that it has the wrong name (should be PLFCBU.dat or actually PlFcBu.dat) did anyone else have trouble with it?
I renamed the file to the correct one, I've even replaced the texture files in the .dat file by hand with melee tool kit my game freezes after I select a stage as blue falco.

Veggies

Smash Journeyman
@ Veggies Veggies I'm in Antioch as well. :p I'm having trouble getting the Pink / Blue Falco (Fox recolor) to work... :/ anyone else been able to get it to work?
one thing I noticed is that it has the wrong name (should be PLFCBU.dat or actually PlFcBu.dat) did anyone else have trouble with it?
I renamed the file to the correct one, I've even replaced the texture files in the .dat file by hand with melee tool kit my game freezes after I select a stage as blue falco.
i use it on dolphin everyday and it works fine

Saxon116

Smash Journeyman
@DRGN It happened again and it seems to be a stage texture thing. I wanted to change the battlefield orb texture, and the "texture overwritten" box didn't appear in the DTW, and it didn't work. The placement is correct and everything:

However it does show up in Dolphin when I load custom textures:

I have a mac, but I don't think that's the problem.
Anyone have any idea of whats going on? Kinda pissed off I can't change these dat files properly :/

SnG | Skin

Smash Apprentice
Anyone have any idea of whats going on? Kinda pissed off I can't change these dat files properly :/
I've never had anything like that happen. Have you tried redownloading DTW/using a different .dat file?
Also maybe try putting them both into a folder, or keep the original name from steelia's pack, i dunno.

CeLL

Smash Lord
You have to replace blue Falco. And it's a lowercase L, it's stands for player afaik, but file names don't matter unless you're doing the export root/rebuild method which you shouldn't if you are replacing one file.

Top Bottom