• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

official mario vs R.O.B((((PLace your votes chozen vs Boss))))

Repryx

Smash Champion
....Boss ur a swindler...but youll probably win....

oh...no wait. Neo has spoken.

-Ciao

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
...what? R.O.B. sucks at killing?

o_O

What are you smoking?
I'm smoking nothing. I was actually very surprised to learn how terrible R.O.B. is at killing to be honest.

I'm pretty sure Overswarm himself said that R.O.B. has major issues killing. His kill options are surprisingly weak, or extremely telegraphed, but usually both. R.O.B. is significantly better at ledgeguarding, to compensate for that.

Mario is rather bad at killing too, but at least he has somewhat reliable options that aren't telegraphed. Mario's D-smash and U-smash both score kills if he saves them, and they are very very fast. Mario can get quite a bit of range by Hyphen Smashing too. And yes, Mario can reasonably save these two Smashes because he has other techniques that he wants to use more at lower percents to initiate juggling.

R.O.B. most reliably gets kills if he somehow saves his D-smash? Unfortunately that's his only reliable option for people behind him, where he's otherwise quite vulnerable too, so you might be better off reserving that as a defensive attack. His killing aerials all come out slowly, and have fairly safe trajectory to DI. And his other Smashes are amazingly tough to land. Yeah, if you don't have the opportunity to ledgeguard you'll have trouble. Lol at Delphino.

Yes, R.O.B. has a bit of a blindspot below him. The key is to not let it happen.
Yeah, that basically means don't get hit, and don't get grabbed lol. Mario is very good at juggling, so basically yeah Mario has legitimate ways of winning vs R.O.B. haha. Not saying the matchup is in his favor, just that if he loses, it's likely something like 40/60.

And yes, you can spam lasers. You can spam them hard. But it's not a good idea against a cape-friendly Mario.
Actually you can't spam lasers. You can always benefit from firing lasers, but you can't always fire lasers.

Mario on the other hand can spam Fireballs. And he always benefits from that unless he goes against G&W. <<

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Glide toss forward while tossing gyro straight up, free fsmash/dsmash, catch gyro, repeat

Cape = fail against ROB

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
yeah glide toss up is also great :) although the most common and effective application is glide toss->grab because people who know about glide toss or are scared of it will shield...only a matter of time until they start spot dodging it all, but that's okay because then you can reverse glide-toss bair which lasts like 18,000 years so you should be fine spot dodge or not :)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
That's why I like to dsmash when they're low, since it beats cape, shield, and spot dodge pretty consistently. I guess grabbing would get me a free uair though. It's just not always easy to guage the distance you're gonna go when you glide toss.

toasty

Smash Hero
my favorite slap in the face is, if you're good at spacing the glide toss, is GT behind their shield and fsmash from behind them. It's even more gratifying than doing GT [the gyro hits them] and you still land the fsmash

gahhh JCaesar, talk to Neo! he needs a ride, see if he's anywhere near you :)

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Yeah, **** ZSS. Annoying *****.

Did you ever manage to upload all those melee matches from that december c3? If so, could you send me the link to where they are, I'd like to see them. It's cool if you didn't, I was HORRIBLE back then haha. Still I'd love to see me beating repryx again lol.

toasty

Smash Hero
oh yeah forgot to give you the link [I never ended up extracting each vid. not enough time to go through and figure out what's what. Google Vid reduced the quality to horse**** though :( Either way...enjoy.]

oh and watch Eggm's Red Falco **** some Green Fox [the Green Fox is the main reason those matches weren't extracted either because he wanted to remain anonymous] lmao

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7415434611073535850

boss8

Smash Hero
hahaha congrats but even with all this ROB advice for chozen it's not gonna work...mario is to powerful......MUWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!........i mean chozenone u can back down now if u want......i will except a friendly quit??? hahahahaha....don't get fired.......read da sig son!!!

ok make the deal......loser has to get on his knees and bow down to the winner...best 3/5 all neautruals.....lets see if the chozenone backs down from this....im recording this shizz to see yall at Critical hit 3 cause that were it will happen....:laugh:

0kin

Smash Journeyman
hahaha congrats but even with all this ROB advice for chozen it's not gonna work...mario is to powerful......MUWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!........i mean chozenone u can back down now if u want......i will except a friendly quit??? hahahahaha....don't get fired.......read da sig son!!!

ok make the deal......loser has to get on his knees and bow down to the winner...best 3/5 all neautruals.....lets see if the chozenone backs down from this....im recording this shizz to see yall at Critical hit 3 cause that were it will happen....:laugh:
word son, go plumber

boss8

Smash Hero
OFFICIAL MARIO LEGENDS......Y? would u want to challenge a fat black man in a mario shirt....dedication SON!!!

hahahahahahahaha!!!!

they say X peach mains use ROB...hahahaha

we will bend u over and **** yo shizz....hahahaha

give ROB the finger with mack daddy mario.......

NACKER I KNOW U DON'T WANT ANY OF THIS MARIOWNAGE!!!

Top Bottom