• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Little Mac for SSBB" Thread (NES Mac, not SNES)

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
If little mac was in brawl, there would no doubt be an arrangment of his music. It would be awsome to have a 1 on 1 be a man showdown with his music playing.
Gahhh just the mere thought gets me excited! I'm really pulling for Mac's inclusion as a PC.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
If Pit is in, LM definitely deserves a spot as well. I would certainly like to see one of his opponents as an AT, though: Piston Honda, King Hippo and Don Flamenco are my top picks for those slots (and probably in that order, as well).

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman
Hey they can take the color schemes of the other two macs and use them as costume. That way you can have the SNES Mac in it minus the creepy Chucky like face.

As for ATs I would have to say Bald Bull above all else. His bull charge would be easy to adapt to Smash. I would also say Don Flammingo because he do a counter strike like Wabbafet.

I would also like to see King Hippo but I don't know what he would do (other than eat you). You could hit him and make his pants fall down and with enough hits he will do his dance and fall down.

JPW

Smash Ace
Pit is the Retro character though. Which makes me think other Retro characters will have a tough time. And with Little Mac you can only go so far. Sure it be cool to have a boxer. But how many actually know woh Little Mac is, in the real world. Then again when did popularity and knowledge prove anything. (Marth and Roy. Most of the world didn't know who these guys were or never heard of FE, now it's quickly becoming everyone's favourite franchise and Marth and Roy have a huge fanbase.)

With the news of assist trophies it has lift my fears on many retro characters and forgotten franchises get the rotten end. And whenever I think of guys like Little Mac making it in, I look back at someone I thought was a huge favourite for Brawl. Samurai Goroh. If he couldn't make it what are the chances of Little Mac, or any character for that matter.

Little Mac however has a super Uppercut for a Special Move and I reckon that's what he can do for an assist, to give a character an upper hand.

Smile Guy

Smash Apprentice
I'm in the really, really want Little Mac to appear in Brawl. In fact, before Brawl was properly known about (as in when it was first mentioned but nothing shown) my two retro characters I most wanted in was Pit and Little Mac. There's just something about a boxing character which reeks of coolness. Here's hoping he's in it!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
With the news of assist trophies it has lift my fears on many retro characters and forgotten franchises get the rotten end. And whenever I think of guys like Little Mac making it in, I look back at someone I thought was a huge favourite for Brawl. Samurai Goroh. If he couldn't make it what are the chances of Little Mac, or any character for that matter.
Tut, tut, my friend. Samurai Goroh is a secondary character of a franchise already represented in the Smash series (F-Zero). The Punch-Out!! series, on the other hand, has had no representation as of yet. Furthermore, Sakurai has expressed his disappointment in not being able to include P-O!! trophies in Melee; he also has acknowledged the P-O!! series' "international popularity". Don't discount Mac just yet: he has not yet begun to fight! :chuckle:

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman
Here is why Little mac should be in besides Gorho

Gorho
Racer not a Fighter
Secondary character (As mention above)
Another sword wielder
Drives a pink car

Little Mac
Is a Fighter
Many side character have popped up. (Bald Bull in Warioware, and King Hippo in Captain N)
From one the best fighting game of the NES
Like Smash Bros. Punch out offered a unique style to fighting games.
Little Mac is in Mortal Kombat. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhegRGVTF9U Warning a bit violent.

Ok that las one was a joke but still.

Now let's look at Mac's weaknesses of getting into Smash
1. Lack of Special moves
2. Final Smash

Now this can be solved by one or two ways.
A. Incorporate moves from his opponets. (E.g. He can use Bald Bull's Bull charge)
B. Come up with a complete new set of moves that he doesn't use in the game. (Give a Charge up Punch like Donky Kong).

I don't feel like thinking that up right now so there I've given you something to do.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
IMO Little Mac is THE #1 charater i think should get into Brawl, he'd be a perfect fit, i mean hes already a natural born fighter ^^ (and i really don't care which version of LM they choose, because Sakurai will have his reason for which ever he chooses)

Qyzex

Smash Cadet
Ah, yes, Little Mac. I prime candidate for Brawl. A classic character that anyone can enjoy. I would put my buck fiddy in and say he'll be in Brawl. Tis my guesstimate.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
All I could imagine is his Final Smash... the flurry of punches from Super Punch Out... then again... I have a limited imagination. lol.

BTW... SSBB with a Balrog-Type Character? Wonderful. lol.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Little Mac is in my top 10 most wanted newcomers for Brawl, and we've already gotten a couple confirmed that I wanted. NES Mac would be awesome. Despite being a boxer and having just punches and whatnot, I could see him having a VERY original moveset. He'd be fun to play as, too.

Plus, I'd die to hear that punch out music on a stage...;)

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
But... but he doesn't really have any character, or... anything. At all. I mean, he's just a boxer with a signature knock-out uppercut. King Hippo, now HE was an interesting character...
Well, we don't have a character who only uses his fists. He could be fun to play with, in a boring unimaginative sort of way... but I'm not being sarcastic, really-- if he had a bunch of punching attacks that would adapt to different situations he could be a fun, fast character that could trap enemies with his lightning punches. I just still don't think he's that colorful of a character.
So, not against the idea, it just doesn't excite me.
Final smash? Doc Louis drives by on his bike and takes out the enemies!

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
well little mac was basically the underdog character. a boxer that nobody expects to go anywhere but does and wins up being world champ. he also reminds me of rocky marciano

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
If theres any new series to be added to brawl's already impressive roster its little mac from Punch-out!!! without a doubt

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Well, yeah... underdog, 17 year old boy... Haha, he's kind of like rocky- except wasn't Rocky a huge slower guy, while little mac is this tiny dude who is just too fast for his opponents?
Meh, I guess he gives the real world a nice representative.
Link'sShadow: *snicker* I did always think it was funny watching that huge guy training Mac.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Supporting SNES Mac is just heresy. NES Mac has been and always will be the REAL Little Mac. He's my second choice for inclusion in Brawl (after Toad, of course), and I am really holding out for him. He still has a fair chance, as far as I'm concerned.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
Well, yeah... underdog, 17 year old boy... Haha, he's kind of like rocky- except wasn't Rocky a huge slower guy, while little mac is this tiny dude who is just too fast for his opponents?
Meh, I guess he gives the real world a nice representative.
Link'sShadow: *snicker* I did always think it was funny watching that huge guy training Mac.
i guess its because their both white...

wait though if your talking about rocky balboa remember that he was eventually trained as a speed fighter by apollo creed to fight mr T, that was such a great movie

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I think lil Mac's chances are actually not that bad compared to many suggestions. But... what would he look like in brawl? They'd have to completely redesign what he looks like, what with the pixelized look of the original NES (and SNES Mac was goofy and not Mac).
But, hey, turned out OK for Pit, I'm sure they can sort of do it for Mac... even though again, he's kind of plain so the only real thing they can work with is what his face would look like. Though even then, he'd probably look like a generic young man.

Oh, did Rocky become a speed fighter? I don't remember those so well, just the ads for the newest Rocky movie where his calcium deposits made him too slow.

People ought to make some more movesets. I think those really help people visualize the coolness of a character.

Top Bottom