• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

blayde_axel

Smash Master
That's so awesome.

So, yeah. The only way that roster can be real is if Sakurai is a gay furry who reads fanfiction.
Otherwise, gee tea eff oh.

I'm anticipating a newcomer update tomorrow that disproves this whole theory.
1.Smash Bros.
2.DK series
3.Fox series
4.Kirby Series
5.F-Zero series
6.Metroid Series
7.Earthbound/Mother series
8.Pokemon Series
9. Zelda Series
10. Mario series
11.Yoshi series
12.Fire Emblem icon
13.??? (Possibly Game & Watch?)
14.Ice Climbers series
15.Animal Crossing icon
16.Wario symbol
17.Snakes FOXHOUND symbol
18.Pit's Symbol
19.???
20.Sonic series
21.DS Logo
22.Pikmin

No. 19 disproves it already...

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
I do and I don't belive.

I would love if this is the real roster just because Y.Link is there and that's everything i need.
But i fell bad for everyone else that was fan of a big character that was left behind.

But the proofs are too good to be false. I mean, look, the franchises are even perfectly ordered the way Sakurai does. The troll must have thought in everything!

Oh but i still want an answer about that icon stuff.

Edit: oh the icon 19 could be just something stage related (like the DS one).

KirbySSB

Smash Ace
1.Smash Bros.
2.DK series
3.Fox series
4.Kirby Series
5.F-Zero series
6.Metroid Series
7.Earthbound/Mother series
8.Pokemon Series
9. Zelda Series
10. Mario series
11.Yoshi series
12.Fire Emblem icon
13.??? (Possibly Game & Watch?)
14.Ice Climbers series
15.Animal Crossing icon
16.Wario symbol
17.Snakes FOXHOUND symbol
18.Pit's Symbol
19.???
20.Sonic series
21.DS Logo
22.Pikmin

No. 19 deproves it already...
No 19 = ROB.

If ROB is somehow the starfox icon then 19 could be another series without character representation.

Nothing is disproven.

BoAKaN

Smash Apprentice
You're missing the point: The "FINAL ROSTER" image came out about a day before the starting roster image, and it has ALL the non hidden characters in the PERFECT ORDER.
Dude if that were true then why doesn't Olimar have his Dojo picture? Or why isn't Zelda/Sheik togethor?
That image is really old.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
*sip's on some tea*

As long as I see at least one of my most wanted, I don't care to see anything else. But I suppose we have to wait later on for the real 100% rouster though.

Card

Smash Lord
Wow, I stray away from the Smash Boards for just a while because of the immense bandwidth issues, and I come back to a bunch of people totally going crazy over an incredibly easy to fake roster, claiming it to be 100% Real and telling everyone who denies it that they are insane?

Seriously? What the heck is going on here?

ShortFuse especially from you, I seriously didn't expect you to give in to a "prophets" propaganda that he spewed out. Please re-word the OP, because you are seriously going to give tons of people the wrong impression when in reality NOTHING is confirmed, and you are all just choosing to believe in since it would be nice to have something to believe in nowadays.

Have you guys not noticed HOW MANY Icons you shifted around in order to make this guys prophecy seem logical?

You know what everyones problem is? You need to think about this from a LIARS perspective point of view. Now, picture yourself in his shoes. What information do you have available to you;

First; You have this from Whobby http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/8730/characterselectscreenny0.jpg

This is how he started his lie. He had a positioning of the characters.
It goes;
Mario, DK, Link, Samus, Kirby, Fox.

Then he took his fake list which he concocted, and created a character select screen that would abide by the "Series Icons stay together" rule. He noticed how Diddy Kong was below DK, and he just went with that. Starting from the Left he moved Peach, added Luigi, and moved Bowser. Then with Link he did the same, and so forth. Where am I going to put Captain Falcon? Oh I know... I'll put him beside the other Captain. We've got Fox, Falco, and Wolf, but who am I gonna put below them? Oh I know, I'll put another Star Fox Rep and put R.O.B, that way it follows nicely with the 4-series of Zelda, Mario, and Pokemon.

Then when I post my List, I'll write it all down in Row Format, so NOBODY notices that they are actually all aligned properly.

They'll all buy into it! I'm sure of it!

and here you all are... You've bought into this, so easily. Quite frankly its disgusting. I cannot wait to see your faces when you've been proven wrong.

I'll say this once, I especially want ShortFuse to read this, IT IS NOT A COINCIDENCE. It is extremely easy to create his list exactly how I mentioned above.

shogun

Smash Journeyman
So yeah... can someone please show me where the character icon boxes HAVE TO BE a perfect rectangle? Or am I missing something here?

Character icon boxes can be overlaying the top, corners, etc whatever they do it all the time in other fighting games for super characters usually.

Don't believe anything until you have a reliable source, not "STFU THIS IS THE ROSTER STFU YOU'RE DUMB IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IT, IT'S 100% CONFIRMED THIS WILL BE THE ROSTER" that's just ridiculous when it seems half of this thread is doing it.

kamekasu

Smash Ace
As for the Starfox thing...have you considered that the reason Starfox may be getting more reps is because Nintendo wants it to have more popularity? A character getting into Smash Bros Brawl pretty much means a boost of popularity for their series. It happened to Ness in SSB and to Marth and Roy in SSBM. Now that Lucario is in (a Pokemon that Nintendo has been trying to make popular ever since the release of D/P) I think it'd be safe to say that they're going to use Brawl as a way to boost the popularity of certain franchises. Metroid is already very popular, but perhaps there's a Starfox game planned for the Wii in the future or something?

All that aside, I also don't see how people think that Wolf is not "original" when Krystal is. For one thing, the thought of Wolf's playstyle already has me very interested. He'd be a hard hitting medium-speed character, probably with lots of fast attacks that hit very hard but follow up with deep lag. He could use heavy weaponery compared to Fox and fight using a much more feral approach involving his claws, fangs, grapples and crushing attacks. It's not in any other Starfox character's nature to fight this way. Krystal would be more like Fox than Wolf...same species, and a light, quick character who will use combos and may support some ranged magical attacks. Basically a cross between Fox and Marth.
^^^ Well put. Everyone should listen to this guy. For realsies. ^^^

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
This is a sad day for Brawl.....I, along with thousands of other people, am extremely pissed at that roster and have lost all faith in Nintendo.

Oh well, looks like I save 50 bucks after all....I sure as hell won't be giving them my money
Really? You're really gonna miss out.

In any case, if this roster is somehow true, I'd find it hard to believe that it's not the NES R.O.B. He's clearly in the Subspace Emissary videos...

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
You're missing the point: The "FINAL ROSTER" image came out about a day before the starting roster image, and it has ALL the non hidden characters in the PERFECT ORDER.

ok but...

someone apparently leaked the roster...

someone ELSE made the screen... (unless I'm misinformed...)

The characters in the final roster mock up are just in logical order... that's almost exactly how I would have ordered them...

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser
Fox, Falco, Wolf, ROB
Pika, PT, Lucario, Jiggs (I would have switched lucario and jiggs... but they are both unlocked so that order doesnt matter...)
Link, Zelda, Gdorf, YL (again I would have switched YL and gdorf)
Kirby, Meta, DeDeDe...

the list goes on...

this is just an order anyone would have chosen...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yes, in terms of units sold. I should have clarified. I mean Star Fox is one of Nintendo's four major CONSOLE franchises. The others being Zelda, Mario, and Metroid. Although I'm not sure that still holds true for this generation, it certainly WAS once true.
Star Fox is a minor series that will always be minor. Console-wise, no one cares. Metroid is bigger on consoles. Hell, Pokémon and Animal Crossing is bigger on consoles, along with the Wii series, and whatnot.

Also notice we're not getting a new series repped. We're missing a ICON, PEOPLE! What fits that icon=??? And while I'm at it, why does Wario's spot totally tweak out, while Dedede's does not=???

Sanji

Smash Apprentice
The evidence for the starting roster is pretty solid. I mean either that or hes really smart. Putting sheik and zelda on the same icon - thats smart.

I dont know about the leaker final roster though. How many leaker rosters were there total? Id say somewhere around 20-30... and out of all those, 2 of them are right? uhhh thats not too hard to do. also this final roster is suggesting ZSS isnt a playable character without the FS? Yea, definitly fishy...

I cant believe the final roster without more evidence, but, if the starting roster is real, then we should be getting more screen shots from this dude every time he unlocks something cool am i right? I mean he took enough time to take 2 screen shots of the game when he got it, why wouldnt he want to show the world all the characters in it? Think about it. If it were you, wouldnt you want to be the first person to show the world what Brawl has in store for us?

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
I'm believing the roster, not because I want to, but because it makes some sense. Sucks that Star Fox gets 4 reps though, I would have rather had Koopa Jr. over Wolf or ROB 64 or something.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
That's so awesome.

So, yeah. The only way that roster can be real is if Sakurai is a gay furry who reads fanfiction.
Otherwise, gee tea eff oh.

I'm anticipating a newcomer update tomorrow that disproves this whole theory.
You realise how stereotypical and misinformed you are here, right? Starfox is an anthropomorphic design game. A very good example of how anthropomorphism can be used effectively as a character design tool. "Furries" are a subculture of the larger anthropomorphic fandom and known for giving the rest of this otherwise interesting art form a very bad name. So Sakurai choosing to add more Starfox reps automatically classes him in with these people who soil the reputation of the rest of the fandom by flaunting their fetish-based subcommunity, making it difficult for the undeserving anthro, furitan and kemono communities to avoid persecution by those who judge based on what they don't know? huh!

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
But Card, it even maths perfectly with what the american prophets said - and the guy is japanese!!

And WTF, a holographic Brawl Disc photo! How can someone fake that?

MAST3R

Smash Apprentice
lol ShortFuse stop hyping everything up theres no real proof that any of those images are real..
Besides we will know everything in 8 days!
Also ROFL at ROB playable and that luigi image is just a photoshop of mario reversed etc.

Shuma

Smash Hero
About Number 19 not being filled, has it ocurred to you that it's possible that like AC another franchise only has AT's or Stages and not a Character?

lethminite

Smash Apprentice
This is a sad day for Brawl.....I, along with thousands of other people, am extremely pissed at that roster and have lost all faith in Nintendo.

Oh well, looks like I save 50 bucks after all....I sure as hell won't be giving them my money
i would have bought the game back before sonic was announced, if no more were added from that point on.

if it was a 30 roster i would still be happy with it. you may be used to them being in brawl and not think about it, but:

wario, dedede, olimar, pokemon trainer, diddy.... how can you not be happy with them?

shogun

Smash Journeyman
I'm making this very post right now, so I can quote it later, and say "Told you so" in reference to this roster being incorrect.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
It saddens me how misinformed so people are on the icon theory...

Card

Smash Lord
I'm believing the roster, not because I want to, but because it makes some sense. Sucks that Star Fox gets 4 reps though, I would have rather had Koopa Jr. over Wolf or ROB 64 or something.
It does make sense... but that doesn't make it real, or any more believable than any other prophets spewed garbage.

There is no coincidence, There is no Hidden Truth. It's just an easy to produce lie that you've all bought into, and easily at that.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
About Number 19 not being filled, has it ocurred to you that it's possible that like AC another franchise only has AT's or Stages and not a Character?
Then again, we're assuming AC is not having a character...

That, and I'm still saying 19 is housing a character. Sue me. I can believe in stuff like... some other guys are.

MAST3R

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I stray away from the Smash Boards for just a while because of the immense bandwidth issues, and I come back to a bunch of people totally going crazy over an incredibly easy to fake roster, claiming it to be 100% Real and telling everyone who denies it that they are insane?

ShortFuse especially from you, I seriously didn't expect you to give in to a "prophets" propaganda that he spewed out. Please re-word the OP, because you are seriously going to give tons of people the wrong impression when in reality NOTHING is confirmed, and you are all just choosing to believe in since it would be nice to have something to believe in nowadays.

Have you guys not noticed HOW MANY Icons you shifted around in order to make this guys prophecy seem logical?

You know what everyones problem is? You need to think about this from a LIARS perspective point of view. Now, picture yourself in his shoes. What information do you have available to you;

First; You have this from Whobby http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/8730/characterselectscreenny0.jpg

It goes;

Then he took his fake list which he concocted, and created a character select screen that would abide by the "Series Icons stay together" rule. He noticed how Diddy Kong was below DK, and he just went with that. Starting from the Left he moved Peach, added Luigi, and moved Bowser. Then with Link he did the same, and so forth. Where am I going to put Captain Falcon? Oh I know... I'll put him beside the other Captain. We've got Fox, Falco, and Wolf, but who am I gonna put below them? Oh I know, I'll put another Star Fox Rep and put R.O.B, that way it follows nicely with the 4-series of Zelda, Mario, and Pokemon.

Then when I post my List, I'll write it all down in Row Format, so NOBODY notices that they are actually all aligned properly.

and here you all are... You've bought into this, so easily. Quite frankly its disgusting. I cannot wait to see your faces when you've been proven wrong.

I'll say this once, I especially want ShortFuse to read this, IT IS NOT A COINCIDENCE. It is extremely easy to create his list exactly how I mentioned above.
FINALLY someone who isn't ignorant!
I agree with you 100% Card. :)

dr_awesome

Smash Apprentice
The starting roster leak is totally believable...

But I'm still unsure of the final roster... yes it could very well be true... but it also couldn't at the same time...

The final roster mock up doesn't really prove anything... as most of the characters were moved around A LOT in order to make it work:

look at this...

characters were spaced apart with other reps thrown in... you can make any roster work when you throw in reps to disrupt the order of the starting roster...

I don't disbelieve this roster... I just don't believe it yet

this final roster mock-up just isnt evidence enough... any roster could be made to work this way...

very interesting. Consider for a second a hypothetical situation. One or more people found out about the starting roster for brawl. Although no knowleddge of any other character was found. They then fabricated a roster to fit their fancy and used the information as leaked news. I think it's a very plausible hypothetical and wouldn't really doubt it at all if it came to be true.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord

It goes;

He would have to put Zelda, Olimar and Ness in the perfectly exact positions. If they go in the wrong position it messes up the credibility completely. How did he know Zelda was going to be right there, instead of any of other 29 positions? Also, you would ahve to stick to 35 characters. On top of that you have to include Lucario, Ness and Jigglypuff, and on top of that you have to the characters that Nyasenya confirmed were in (Falco).

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman

It goes;

This makes sense. good post.

solrac_krad

Smash Apprentice
I wish they guy would post somehting else that lead us to believe on t or say its fake
The only thingId dislike about this so talked roster being true is the lack of and AC rep and Bowser Jr.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

It goes;

Card just pwned this thread more then I ever could. Nice job, mate! :) And someone tell me the reason for the Wario tweaking out in the order and the missing icon thing=??? Nintendo reps said there would be more series repped in Brawl, and that lists gives us no more then we already have. Seriously, it's speculation. It's completely unconfirmed. Wait for the Ridley and Krystal confirmation, PEOPLE! O, and umm...Card wins the universe!

NO, CARD WINS THE SMASH WORLD! :)

Congratz...you earned it for owning people who jump on bandwaggons! :)

bd43

Smash Cadet
So because of an awful photoshop and a possible, perhaps likely starting roster leak, there's only 35 characters in the game?

I doubt it. I could make a similar photoshop and it'd mean nothing. Plus I don't have the time for that.

The point, though, is that people keep stacking flimsy support onto a weak topic that may be false.

Shuma

Smash Hero
@blayde_axel

Oh, i don't fully believe it, i don't whant to, however... you know... prepare for the worst and brace for impact 'n all that.

Top Bottom