• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

Gaddswell

Smash Cadet
Thanks for answering these questions ITP. If you don't mind, could you please answer these Ike questions?

1. When playing as Ike, did you feel as though he suffered from invisible lag (as in, did he lag before he started his start up animations)?
2. What are Ike's fastest moves?

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Eh, oh well.

How about Bowser?
bowser looked redone, much faster than melee, much more versatile. I fought him only once, and watched him several times, and he gave me a strong run for my money. he also had a weird move where he jumped and banged you, I'm not sure if it's a throw or not, animation was unique. might be the Forward B?
he seemed much better than he was in melee, and I don't remember which(maybe smasher? or Hiko?) one of the pros played him and said he's pretty ok, and much better than in Melee...

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Thanks for answering these questions ITP. If you don't mind, could you please answer these Ike questions?

1. When playing as Ike, did you feel as though he suffered from invisible lag (as in, did he lag before he started his start up animations)?
2. What are Ike's fastest moves?
1.no, all of his lag derived from actual animations, but the power was worth it. he's a monster.

2.I'd say all of his B moves basically, and maybe his Bair? I don't remember it much. the Fair is horrible though(in terms of speed), starts out slower than peach's!

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
squirtle reminds me more of jigglypuff than mario, and yes he was pretty fast. but his attacks were pretty weak, I remember killing with his Fsmash before switching though.

Edit: Shaymin? I don't think I saw him ><
no really new pokemon or ATs, or else I would've mentioned them in my main post.
Thanks so much.

You should be asking a fee for all these questions. :p

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Nah, not like i have anything better to do, I tried my best to collect info as much as I had patience to, just so I could help you guys, and Create interesting disscussion here.

on a side not, Ikki got pwned by his wife and his best friend :p

Edit: Ivy feels, Average? he lacks power, and he seems a bit akward, lots of potential there, it just needs proper exploration...

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
1. What did Ivy's jump and double jump look like?
2. Did he attack with only his vines?
3. How does he look while shielding?
4. Does Bowser have the same running animation?
5. Are Bowser's moves as laggy as they were before?

I appreciate this.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Did the Soccer Ball KO anyone at low or middle %s?
Middle precentage. It's a monstorous Item.

It only goes a set knockback depending on the attack, but it slaughters in that time. and stops and drops straight down mid-air if it doesn't hit anything.

Also, i'm not 100% sure about this, but I'm pretty certain you can now catch Items by airdodging on them, without actually having to press A.

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, how did camping on the bottom of temple feel? Did anybody do that? Lol xD

I.T.P

Smash Ace
1. What did Ivy's jump and double jump look like?
2. Did he attack with only his vines?
3. How does he look while shielding?
4. Does Bowser have the same running animation?
5. Are Bowser's moves as laggy as they were before?

I appreciate this.
1. pretty normal, if i recall correctly it's a backflip sort of thing.
2.now, Vines are basically his Up B. he attacks with his body.
3.no idea?
4.not sure.
5.no, much less laggy. and faster as well.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, how did camping on the bottom of temple feel? Did anybody do that? Lol xD
I saw people doing that, I didn't though. It looks the same as SSBM, heck, I saw the landmaster on temple, and it suddenly looked so small :chuckle:

also, I played onett, i'm not sure but I think you can see a bit further off the side than in the original.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
No, Like i said before, I never noticed any stamina or tired feeling, so It might be a more subtle thing.

squirtle's water gun is like samus' beam. It even pushes him backwards the same way. It seems pretty weak though, didn't get to properly use it. maybe good for edge guard?

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Hey ITP how do you think Ike will do in a 1vs1?
I can't really say, It depends greatly on his Setups and grabs. he might do horribly like roy, and he might do greatly like marth. it all depends on how easy it is to get someone to fall for his ridiculously powerfull attacks.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
what FAQ?

btw, do you guys think I should make a Brawl FAQ for gameFAQs and make the skeleton in advance and then fill it up from my smashfest on the 23-27 and submit it? could I grab an FAQ bounty on that?

I have a bit of experience with Gamefaqs FAQs, I did one for Lumines 2 and one for Gunpey, both PSP games.

Dry Bones

Smash Ace
i dont think they generally accept FAQs before the games are released to the public, unless you have a lot of information to give (and while you have posted a lot in this thread, it may not appear as large in a FAQ format). but im sure plenty of people would like the idea, and it would certainly get a lot of views =)

Dry Bones

Smash Ace
information about rock smash is likely to come soon enough from other japanese sources... we just have to wait until our translator team wakes up and translates it all for us!

I.T.P

Smash Ace
yes, it's definately longer than that...

my idea was building an FAQ skeleton, with as much pre-release Data as I can get, and then on the smashfest from the 23-27(in which I'll be playing the full version, and unlocking most of the important stuff) I'll fill it with info and submit it.

Top Bottom