• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Thanks for the info, Chi and ITP! If there's anything else you can mention about PT, such as your overall impression of him as a character, that'd be awesome. He and Olimar are probably the two most interesting characters gameplay-wise (taking over IC's spot), so any information you can dish out on him would be much appreciated :)

Demonic Raven

Smash Rookie
Is there anything else you could tell us about Ike? Was he really laggy with his attack speed? How do you think he would fare in 1 vs 1?

spindash

Smash Ace
QFT

I'm gonna use him, and the other badass Dragon character :chuckle:
Hehehe. XD I hear ya man. But that other badass Dragon character is "he who must not be named"

No, it's not Voldemort. But for the sake of not starting an uprise of you know who, I'm not gonna press it further. XD

Sonic's always been my favorite video game character of all time, but Charizard has ALWAYS been my number one favorite Pokémon of all time. I'll see how it turns out~! But Charizard may very well become a secondary for me. ^^

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Thanks again for the responses about Dedede, I really appreciate it. Only got a few more Dedede questions.

1. So how did his down b work? Was it a saveable charge move like Samus/DK, or more like Marths B where you charge and it automatically releases? It was too slow you think to have potential to be worked into his game?
2. People cant catch Waddle Dees like items right? There not items, but like koopas/redeads/goombas in melee?
3. So is the inhale improved from Kirbys at all or is it just faster than kirbys? Does it go any noticebly farther is what Im wondering most I think. Could it be a good edgeguard off the stage?
4. Can you describe some of the animations for his attacks maybe? Im just curious. Like what does he do when he dsmashes, nairs, fairs, bairs. Or some tilts. Can you tell me what you remember?
5. Last one! Do you know his third taunt? (Laying down is one, another looks like he holds his hammer with both hands infront of him)

Thats all I have left to ask about him and Im satisfied! ;)

Whatever you remember is great.. I know it was hectic 2 min free for all, and you just started playing it with classic control nonetheless but any info I can get is great...
whoa, obsession ensues, let's see.

1.no, it's a charge-do move, and it's slow but ultra powerfull, from what I saw it sucked, might work as a setup or edgeguard though, we can't say from now.

2.not that I've seen, they dissapear pretty quick.

3. not much improved or diffrent from kirby's, It might have a hidden side to it, I don't know. from what I saw it kinda sucked.

4.I'm sorry to say, I can't remember well enough to describe them properly, sorry.

5. I think that's his crouch actually, and I haven't gotten to use his taunts. sorry.

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
Lol @ Gamefaq's obsession with you know who, though he'd also be somebody I'd like to play as that's new. Charizard will suffice as a new character to main. =D

Edit: I.T.P. Will you be going again on the 19th to get more info.? That'd be awesome.
Edit 2: Can Kirby inhale items? The jump festa rumor is an interesting one indeed. =]

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
oh my lord Nicktendo

i thought i was obsessed with Dedede, but you are something else!
Haha! I know. :embarrass Every since he got confirmed and Sakurai revealed his special moves and he was confirmed to have multiple jumps I've been completely obsessed with trying him out. He looks awesome!

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
----Questions about Pokémon Trainer.
* How easily did the pokémon get tired? After a few moves?
* Would you say Squirtle, Charizard or Ivysaur was your fav' to play as?
* Isn't it odd to change back and forth pokemon? I know there must be a set order to them, (If it wasn't mentioned on the dojo) But if you wanted to go from say Charizard ot Ivysaur, isn't that annoying?

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Awesome amount of info I.T.P., thanks.

Didja happen to see any of PT's taunts? And, on the victory screen, does the trainer appear alone or with the last Pokemon/star Pokemon/all Pokemon or something?

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
FoulPlay: 1 and 2 have already been answered, no noticable changes occurred from the stamina thing, and Charizard was the best (assuming favorite?).

I.T.P

Smash Ace
----Questions about Pokémon Trainer.
* How easily did the pokémon get tired? After a few moves?
* Would you say Squirtle, Charizard or Ivysaur was your fav' to play as?
* Isn't it odd to change back and forth pokemon? I know there must be a set order to them, (If it wasn't mentioned on the dojo) But if you wanted to go from say Charizard ot Ivysaur, isn't that annoying?
I don't remember them getting tiresd at all.

Charizard was my favourite, cause he allways was one of my favourite pokemon too, squirtle was cute and fun. Ivysaur was, meh?, average or so.

there is a set order, Squirtle-Ivysaur-Charizard. you start out as a random one of them? not sure if there's a way to determine it or not. and changing pokemon is horrible, the Trainer calls back the first pokemon, then throws a second pokeball, which lies there for a second or two, then opens and the pokemon comes out. resulting in a wide gap in which you basically have no character on the screen. It might help in stock matches, in time matches it's awful.

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
Kool, you're still here I.T.P. Can you confirm whether or not the jump festa rumor about Kirby being able to inhale items was true? =D

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
2 things: Do you know how annoying that will be in 3+ FFA stock? Somebody will sit there constantly changing pokemon to stay safe and alive and end up winning...which brings up my second point...

Maybe the stamina has to do with changing too much. Maybe you're required to play as a certain pokemon for a while, or else your next one will be tired or something like that...

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
you and me both man... dedede is gonna be awesome =)
Defiantly! He's the top character I want to try out. He looks so cute! <3

Hah, I lied! :p I now have three more questions for you...

1. So when the waddle dees are waddling around stage, they dissapear by themselves?
2. Wait, did you mention if you ever got a Gordo?
3. Funny question, out of Bowser/DK and Dedede, who do you think is the best heavyweight in brawl demo form? :laugh:

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Kool, you're still here I.T.P. Can you confirm whether or not the jump festa rumor about Kirby being able to inhale items was true? =D
actually confirming that is the reason i Played him, but alas, I couldn't confirm it. probably false?

I didn't use PT's taunts, you can't really taunt in a 4 player match...

he appears with the last pokemon used, and it even calls you by the name of that pokemon, and not as pokemon trainer.

In my match it was fushigisou or whatever ivysaur's *** name is.

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
I see, lol. Guess there's a chance the Raiden AT info. was false too. Of course chances are not official. =P

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
So can you answer this?

Hmm, one last question, did Charizard have many potential killing moves? And you said he attacks using his claws and tail, so he doesn't he bite or headbutt?

EDIT: Sorry, Brawl Center said that, not you >_<
Can you still answer them tho?

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, here's a pokeball question. What did Shaymin do exactly? Also, were there other new pokemon like Ho-Oh by chance? =D

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
Hey man, I' m only going to ask one question.. Here goes.

"Was Squirtle a really fast or Mario - like character? Did he have good standard and aerials? Of what you've seen and played, ofcourse."

I.T.P

Smash Ace
I don't remember specifics clearly enough to detail or describe his attacks, but his Up B ownz, his Neutral B sucks, I haven't tried/seen his forward B. I used his Fsmash and Usmash mainly, as well as Fair and Bair. but like I said, I don't recall well enough to describe, I've only played him once.

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
AT- RAIDEN

EFFECT
---------
Appears and runs across the screen without any equipment, including clothes. Any character touched by this is instantly ko'ed. Might also distract some of your opponents so you can attack them as they stare in shock and/or awe.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Hey man, I' m only going to ask one question.. Here goes.

"Was Squirtle a really fast or Mario - like character? Did he have good standard and aerials? Of what you've seen and played, ofcourse."
squirtle reminds me more of jigglypuff than mario, and yes he was pretty fast. but his attacks were pretty weak, I remember killing with his Fsmash before switching though.

Edit: Shaymin? I don't think I saw him ><
no really new pokemon or ATs, or else I would've mentioned them in my main post.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Aww, I like it that the game declares the winner as the Pokemon as opposed to the trainer. Very nice touch by Sakurai and co... Thank you so much for all this info ITP...

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
K thanks anyways about the pokeball info. =D

Also, is that info. about the Raiden AT true ti83pop? Lolol

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Hmm, here's a pokeball question. What did Shaymin do exactly? Also, were there other new pokemon like Ho-Oh by chance? =D

Last I checked Ho-oh was in Melee lol...

and confirmed on the dojo...

sorry to be a jerk... but I couldn't let that pass :chuckle:

anyway... yeah... what other pokemon were seen that haven't been seen yet?

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
1. So when the waddle dees are waddling around stage, they dissapear by themselves?
2. Wait, did you mention if you ever got a Gordo?
Those are my last questions for you, about his waddle dee toss. think you overlooked my last post. Intentionally maybe? Tired of answering questions about Dedede :laugh:

But really after that Im completely satisfied. You rock man!

I.T.P

Smash Ace
"This game's winner is... Charizard!"

That is going to be AWESOME!

I'm not sure they say the name, I am sure they show the pokemon and his name.
don't be dissapointed of they'd say "this game's winner is pokemon trainer" but show charizard and the trainer and write charizard on top of the screen.

Edit: for the DeDeDe maniac,
1. yes, they dissapear by themselves.
2.no, I didn't get a gordo.

and also, even though you didn't ask.
3. his final smash makes him invincible(I fought it, not got it), but the Waddle Dees/Doos /Gordos that appear attack one by one like pit's FS, not together. and they're improved versions of their normal counterparts, at least the Dees.

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
I see, lol, what did Ho-Oh do again? My memory is running blank. Should I just google it? =]

Edit: I remember now that I looked it up. It was one of the longest lag times for pokeball pokemon attacks. =D

Chepe

Smash Lord
Ho-oh uses Sacred Fire in the location where he was summoned after going into the background. Anyone hit got trapped and their damage % skyrocketed. And Ho-oh is indeed returning in Brawl:

Top Bottom