• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

By the way Eternal pheonix Fire, lol Whobby is a more complete version of Brawl then the one you played more than likely. They "fixed" Ike. =]
I can't vouch for it, but why would they remove the tilt feature on the C-stick? Who is to say the Demo played is more completed because it's different.
And Ike doesn't sound Fixed to me; Still extremely slow yet powerful.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Great info! Thanks a ton, and it sounds like Ike got better. Which is good since most likely Roy is gone (I thirdary him), and I might use him because I actually like slow characters. And fast characters. And floaty/odd characters. Mid-class characters! :laugh:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Wait a sec....
So DDD is slower than Ike, with less power? WTF?
Well, he does have multiple jumps, slightly faster(Or just faster) attacks, and Waddle D's..

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Like i said, I play tested these things myself, no C-stick tilts, no jump cancels shine.

Ike seems to work, I don't know if he was actually tweaked from E4ALL or not, but he seems like a very good character to me, I'm sure there'll be ways to overcome his slowness...

Also, yes, the dark samus is the phazon suit, visor is red.

FC are practically the same as in melee. double jump is allmost invisible with peach, so short...

I didn't use much turnips, it was FFAs...

Fsmash does more knockback basically, it seems like a killer even more than before.

Edit: DeDeDe is slower moving, his attacks come out faster though.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Thanks alot for the responses man. :) Can I ask a few more?

1. Is his dash attack where he faceplants and slides on the ground like in all the fights with him in the kirby games?
2. Can Dedede walk around with someone in his mouth like Kirby? Will suicidedede's be possible? :laugh:
3. How is he "slow".. is it like dash speed? So his attacks are "fast", do you mean theres not much startup lag at all (for? You said his smashs have startup lag) Think you just answered this in your latest post, but is it monstrously slow? His dash speed
4. Does his super jump have good priority (unlike bowsers or yoshis where anything from below stops it), how did the canceling work?

Don't want to bug you by bombarding you with question after question on Dedede.. I'm just very curious because hes one of my favorite newcomers announced so far and he seems very interesting. He's the first guy I want to try out, so I'm curious how he is/plays. Thanks!

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
I didn't see any special "Stamina" element, but changing pokemon takes a very long time, a couple of seconds at least, i'd say 3-4 or even more.

you can start with either of the 3 pokemon, I don't know if it's random or controlled somehow.
When you changed Pokes, were you vulnerable to attack, either before or afterwards? How fast were you able to move after coming out of a pokeball? I read that PT disappears on some stages (like the ones that move around, where it'd be impossible for him to exist). Did you play on any of those stages, and if so, where do the pokeballs go / come from when you press down-b?

Finally, did you see any other alternative costumes for PT, or alt colors for the Pokes?

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Thanks alot for the responses man. :) Can I ask a few more?

1. Is his dash attack where he faceplants and slides on the ground like in all the fights with him in the kirby games?
2. Can Dedede walk around with someone in his mouth like Kirby? Will suicidedede's be possible? :laugh:
3. How is he "slow".. is it like dash speed? So his attacks are "fast", do you mean theres not much startup lag at all (for? You said his smashs have startup lag) Think you just answered this in your latest post, but is it monstrously slow? His dash speed
4. Does his super jump have good priority (unlike bowsers or yoshis where anything from below stops it), how did the canceling work?

Don't want to bug you by bombarding you with question after question on Dedede.. I'm just very curious because hes one of my favorite newcomers announced so far and he seems very interesting. He's the first guy I want to try out, so I'm curious how he is/plays. Thanks!
1. don't remember.

2. yes he can, and he looks like his bloated fish form when he does that.

3. his dash is pretty good, most of his Tilts and aerials come fast but are laggy, his smashes have start up lags pretty big, not as big as Ike's though.

4. yes, but only when going up. and it's really slow. I didn't try to cancel it...

to E4ALL people, I know what I'm saying, and the *** guys tested these things too. I wouldn't state things like that for no reason.

Radianz

Smash Rookie
ITC, a quick question only if you played Warioware stage.

Any song in particular that you can remember? The mini-games are enjoyable or annoying?

I.T.P

Smash Ace
The minigames are really enjoyable, and the rewards are weird, sometimes people grow, sometimes nothing happens.

the fact that the minigames are an all stage floor saved some people from dying, was fun to see.

volume was turned off, except for outputted matches, which wasn't all the time because they had a reel with the E3 2006, Nintendo world 2006 and sonic comes into brawl trailers...

my name is ITP btw, not ITC. it means Israeli Tekken Player, but i'm using it still cause I like the sound of it, and people are used to calling me ITP.

Edit: I played on pictochat,smashville X 2, Battlefield X 2, wario ware, castle seige, and I don't remember the last one, sorry.

the summit looks crazy(I only watched it), the whole stage tilts completely and slides furiously down the mountain. and the platform setup there is weird.

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
And Item Impressions would be nice. =] On another note, so if you didn't notice too big problems with stamina issues, does that mean we could main a character on PT? Or is there a forced switch? That'd be an interesting fact to include. =]

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Thanks again. Few more questions for you

1. What did you like about playing as Dedede?
2. Did he have combo potential?
3. So he has after lag on alot of his moves, but they startup fast then?
4. What was your general way about attacking with Dedede when you played as him. I realize it was a 2 min FFA, and you just started the game but what was your basic strategy you tried that was effective
5. Did he have alot of kill moves? Like any of his tilts/aerials strong kill moves?

spindash

Smash Ace

4. What was your general way about attacking with Dedede when you played as him. I realize it was a 2 min FFA, and you just started the game but what was your basic strategy you tried that was effective
5. Did he have alot of kill moves? Like any of his tilts/aerials strong kill moves?
Wow, you're just really dishing them out one after the other. XD!

Not that it's a problem or anything. I like that we're getting so much information at once. This is better then any Dojo update could give us in single bursts. ^^

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Hmm, one last question, did Charizard have many potential killing moves? And you said he attacks using his claws and tail, so he doesn't he bite or headbutt?

EDIT: Sorry, Brawl Center said that, not you >_<
Can you still answer them tho?

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
I think ITP has told us pretty much everything s/he knows about dedede :\. 2 minutes isn't very long. Well, updating is over, so I'm heading out.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I wasn't trying to question you ITP just stating how strange it is that they took that feature away. btw I appreciate all the info you're giving - thanks a bunch for your time and effort.

I am enjoying all the DDD info too cause I love him. Hope to hear some PokeTrainer and Kirby info.

I know this sounds trivial, but did you happen to check on any colors? cause brawlcentral had that report saying Pikachu had "four different hats" with his headband and goggles, I was curious about it. just wondering, ignore if ya got nothin : )

I.T.P

Smash Ace

1. the general feeling was cool, Fsmash is a killer.
2.not sure, maybe. didn't test comboabilities much, cause I was adjusting to the classic controller and to the game physics.
3.yes, except the smashes. which is logical, cause they're his koers.
4. spamming F+B, Fsmashing unaware people, and Forward airing whoever I could.
5. not sure, again, 2 mins FFA. Fsmash and Fair are Kill moves though, and so is Dsmash.

Radianz

Smash Rookie
Oh snap, sorry man, ITC is an abbreviation for a school here, and I got typing fast XD

Okay, keeping the talk about WWare, how does look, and what happens in the stage background when you're not "playing" the mini-games?

Also, how much delay is between each mini-game? It has a determined delay or it's in a random time?

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
I.T.P. Got any item impressions? Also is PT forced to switch out or would I be able to main a single pokemon in battle? =D

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Oh snap, sorry man, ITC is an abbreviation for a school here, and I got typing fast XD

Okay, keeping the talk about WWare, how does look & what scenes happens in the stage background when you're not "playing" the mini-games

Also, how much delay is between each mini-game? It has a determined delay or it's in a random time?
I'm not sure about the delay, I think it's random.

I saw quite a lot of mini games, but I don't remember them all, there was smash the wall, avoid the foot, avoid the rain, activate the party hats, avoid the arrows, and I don't really remember any more right now :p

the main Item impressions I had are in my first post on page 135, anything specific just ask and I'll see if i can answer.

Edit: like I said, I was never forced to switch, and I didn't see any noticable diffrence caused by stamina, so you should be able to main a pokemon.

take into consideration that it seems you start with a random pokemon,and that Charizard is clearly the best of the 3, even though Ivysaur is pretty good.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
Just telling you, I.T.P. I know we're asking a ton, and really appericate it, honestly. And we are glas you are helping the smash community by helping us. Just a couple more Peach questions...

Is she faster? Heavier?

And wtf? people living in 200%?!?!?!?

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
When you changed Pokes, were you vulnerable to attack, either before or afterwards? How fast were you able to move after coming out of a pokeball? I read that PT disappears on some stages (like the ones that move around, where it'd be impossible for him to exist). Did you play on any of those stages, and if so, where do the pokeballs go / come from when you press down-b?

Finally, did you see any other alternative costumes for PT, or alt colors for the Pokes?
Pokemon trainer has a red, blue , green, and original GB black & white coustmes. There are invincibility frames when switching Pokemon.

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
Kool thanks. Any non-dojo items happen to show up or did it happen to be all we've seen so far. The Muddy Mole AT came as a surprise to me afterall. =D Hope that was specific enough. =]

Edit: Are there different colored beam swords? Or did they even show up at all? =D

Radianz

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the answer, but I was referring to the single stage, without the mini-games. Does some action happens in the background? Characters like Ashley, 9-Volt & the crew doing something in particular?

Back @ Ike, his grapples were useful for some combo or something like that?

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Just telling you, I.T.P. I know we're asking a ton, and really appericate it, honestly. And we are glas you are helping the smash community by helping us. Just a couple more Peach questions...

Is she faster? Heavier?

And wtf? people living in 200%?!?!?!?
yes, and not only living, avoiding FSs in the 200%. it seems FSs aren't so powerfull if you don't know what you're doing(most of them at least)

also I just remembered something weird. Kirby's FS whipped out a ton of Starmen that the enemies took and killed him with.

also, Link tried to FS a starman'd character, It showed a weird grab like animation, then stopped in the middle. I was like "Owned!!"

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Pokemon trainer has a red, blue , green, and original GB black & white coustmes. There are invincibility frames when switching Pokemon.
B&W? Awesome! Some one gots to get a pic of that XD

And Chi, can you ask your sources if Dark Samus is not one of Samus's alts? I just wanna make sure..DS shouldn't just be an alt or clone of Samus..
yes, and not only living, avoiding FSs in the 200%. it seems FSs aren't so powerfull if you don't know what you're doing(most of them at least)

also I just remembered something weird. Kirby's FS whipped out a ton of Starmen that the enemies took and killed him with.

also, Link tried to FS a starman'd character, It showed a weird grab like animation, then stopped in the middle. I was like "Owned!!"
:rotfl:
Man, the last two are funny!

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Kool thanks. Any non-dojo items happen to show up or did it happen to be all we've seen so far. The Muddy Mole AT came as a surprise to me afterall. =D Hope that was specific enough. =]

Edit: Are there different colored beam swords? Or did they even show up at all? =D
no special coloured beam swords, they're all the same.
I got some, and used them, pretty good. extends quite a lot.

Don't remember any non-dojo items, except the soccer, which I detailed about in my first post, one of the coolest items.

and the sandbag offcourse, but I only saw it bashed, not used in any way...

I did see squirtles Up B, but I haven't used it.

can't really answer the "where is the trainer" question, I only played him once and I was focusing on the pokemon.

when he changes, the characters dissapear, it's more like there's nothing to hit, rather than "invincibility" frames. and it there's some lag afterwards, but nothing serious.

I didn't grab with Ike, too busy spamming his Smashes. so powerfull.... I got like 6-7 KOs in one match.

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
Kool kool. Thanks for the info. I.T.P.!! Beam sword will definitely be a fun item to use!! Sanbag will be fun to beat up on too. xD

Edit: Not being forced to switch=Me attempting to main Charizard for sure!! =D

spindash

Smash Ace
I'm not sure about the delay, I think it's random.

I saw quite a lot of mini games, but I don't remember them all, there was smash the wall, avoid the foot, avoid the rain, activate the party hats, avoid the arrows, and I don't really remember any more right now :p

the main Item impressions I had are in my first post on page 135, anything specific just ask and I'll see if i can answer.

Edit: like I said, I was never forced to switch, and I didn't see any noticable diffrence caused by stamina, so you should be able to main a pokemon.

take into consideration that it seems you start with a random pokemon,and that Charizard is clearly the best of the 3, even though Ivysaur is pretty good.
By lord...if that's true, then Charizard got bumped up on my list of characters to play BIG TIME.

WOOHOO!!! You're awesome, man.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Thanks again for the responses about Dedede, I really appreciate it. Only got a few more Dedede questions.

1. So how did his down b work? Was it a saveable charge move like Samus/DK, or more like Marths B where you charge and it automatically releases? It was too slow you think to have potential to be worked into his game?
2. People cant catch Waddle Dees like items right? There not items, but like koopas/redeads/goombas in melee?
3. So is the inhale improved from Kirbys at all or is it just faster than kirbys? Does it go any noticebly farther is what Im wondering most I think. Could it be a good edgeguard off the stage?
4. Can you describe some of the animations for his attacks maybe? Im just curious. Like what does he do when he dsmashes, nairs, fairs, bairs. Or some tilts. Can you tell me what you remember?
5. Last one! Do you know his third taunt? (Laying down is one, another looks like he holds his hammer with both hands infront of him)

Thats all I have left to ask about him and Im satisfied! ;)

Whatever you remember is great.. I know it was hectic 2 min free for all, and you just started playing it with classic control nonetheless but any info I can get is great...

Top Bottom