• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Gameplay Video Topic. NEW Brawl Commercial!! Olimar's End of Day!!

Master Peach

Smash Ace
I think Peach still has her instant float. On the youtube vid look at [Edit] 0:38

Peach jumps, then attacks, then instant float.

Float canceling could still be in. I hope.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
actually, he just told use that his Up B helped him recover, he didn't say how though...

Thats the point.

I dont know if you use it, you will get a little more in the air like moment airdodge (depending of your trayectory, it will go further or in a direction).

The good thing: you use it for going to the right when you are returning, but you are COVERING you return with the eggs when you are recovering so is x4 useful dont you think?

Yoshi King

Smash Cadet
NNID
YoshiKing8
Wow, I'm happy for that newest video of Yoshi.

Yoshi's recovery with the Egg throw is really nothing special though guys (so don't freak out over it >_>), which is depressing... but it'll be great for that stalling technique that Fumi developed involving edgegrabbing (which is even MORE effective thanks to easier ledge-grabbing).

Still, I'm actually pretty dissapointed with how little the Egg Toss helps with recovery, I thought it would be at least halfway decent. Ah well.

Zek

Smash Ace

Yoshi's recovery with the Egg throw is really nothing special though guys (so don't freak out over it >_>), which is depressing... but it'll be great for that stalling technique that Fumi developed involving edgegrabbing (which is even MORE effective thanks to easier ledge-grabbing).

Still, I'm actually pretty dissapointed with how little the Egg Toss helps with recovery, I thought it would be at least halfway decent. Ah well.
It's special considering that Yoshi had absolutely nothing before. It's a functional horizontal recover move now.

BDAOutlaw

Smash Apprentice

Haven t really seen it in action from a real players view :p maybe you can spam it to go over further then just DI'ing or maybe she was just using it wrong.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
Yoshis UpB is seen earlier vs Pit on Smashville. He goes a decent distance horizontally too ;)
Yeah what i wanted to know.

So it depends of the "moment" trayectory before executing it right?

This helps yoshi

-Extending his jump, like sakurai said
-Longer air time: you can spam in the ledge: very very dangerous
-Defending about edgeguarders: i think yoshi is the only one who has a dificul sweetspoting time... so if he comes from up instead of down, he can aim his eggs for covering he in the way down

Edit:

Asuming now yoshi has a "decent" 3rd jump, and taking into acount his OVERSIZED attacks... yoshi can be a SERIOUS player now: also his greater attacks like fair are a lot quicker o_O

GenG

Smash Lord
Yoshi can use B+up many times to gain horizontal distance, so it's okay. You move forward while attacking.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Am I the only one who noticed link knock the Smash Ball out of Pit in the new Pit vs. Link video? Or am I jsut seeing things??
That mechanic was confirmed a long while back. Just because you break open the Smash Ball doesn't mean the battle for it is won. You have to actually use it next, and to do that you have to be on the ground and hit the special button. Your opponent's job is to disrupt you from getting it off, and if they strike you enough times, they can knock the Smash Ball out.

It's also been confirmed that the Smash Ball can be destroyed completely.

Griffard

Smash Ace
great vid for the info it had. that was a definitely a wolf-like costume on fox, some reason he looked like mr. g&w a couple times due to poor quality. very cool tho, although it nearly deconfirms wolf. i like peach's costume, good news for yoshi as well

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
One thing I notice in the Link vs. Pit on Battlefield video is an item Pit grabs, at about 0:30. When Pit grabs it (Just by touching it) it hits Link with a lightning bolt and shrinks him. What does that remind you of? Despite not getting a clear look at the item, it seems to be the Lightning Bolt from Mario Kart.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
**** capsules are back :(:mad::(............. oh well these are good videos and the golden hammer is INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thino

Smash Master
One thing I notice in the Link vs. Pit on Battlefield video is an item Pit grabs, at about 0:30. When Pit grabs it (Just by touching it) it hits Link with a lightning bolt and shrinks him. What does that remind you of? Despite not getting a clear look at the item, it seems to be the Lightning Bolt from Mario Kart.
well in the the first mario kart , poison mushroom had the exact same effect as lightning bolt, just without the lightning

Stak

Smash Cadet
well in the the first mario kart , poison mushroom had the exact same effect as lightning bolt, just without the lightning
That and you had to run into a poison mushroom, but everyone else shrank when you used a lightning bolt

But hey, it's always fun to see new items in action

Stak

Smash Cadet
The first Mario Kart game had Lightning Bolts, not poison mushrooms. There never have been poison mushrooms in Mario Kart to my memory. >_>
The first one had them, but only a CPU-controlled Peach or Toad could use them

The first Mario Kart was weird about CPU racers and items, each character could only use a certain item and many of them were only usable by certain characters (like the aforementioned poison mushroom, Yoshi's egg, or Bowser's fireball)

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
great vid for the info it had. that was a definitely a wolf-like costume on fox, some reason he looked like mr. g&w a couple times due to poor quality. very cool tho, although it nearly deconfirms wolf. i like peach's costume, good news for yoshi as well
If it was a Wolf costume, wouldn't Fox's fur be, ya know, gray. His avatar shows him with brown, though its a little hard to actually see what outfit he's wearing...

T-major

Smash Champion
it's not a Wolf costume. at 0:25 you can see a close up view of Fox's percentage meter in the bottom right corner. it's Fox, not Wolf.

EDIT: Dang, Al beat me to the punch...

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I'd think even with alt suits, that the name and picture would still remain the same, only that they would be wearing whatever it is they need to wear. Thus when we do see the Wolf suit, it will still say Fox, and Fox's face will still be in the same pose on the icon, but he could very well have a eye patch. =/

EDIT: Oh yes, I checked, and I am indeed wrong about the poison mushrooms. v_v

PITforREV

Smash Journeyman
it's not a Wolf costume. at 0:25 you can see a close up view of Fox's percentage meter in the bottom right corner. it's Fox, not Wolf.

EDIT: Dang, Al beat me to the punch...

What makes you think that a wolf costume means that foxes fur will change or better yet, that fox will actually pysically change into wolf. I think that fox simply gets Wolf's threads and thats it, maybe his fur darkens, but i fyou think that fox actually physically changes into wolf your bound to be disappointed.

Zek

Smash Ace
Guys, please, please do us all a favor and stop speculating about what tiers characters are going to be in Brawl. Everything is different now. There were no tiers shortly after Melee came out, let alone before it was released...

Top Bottom