• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Gameplay Video Topic. NEW Brawl Commercial!! Olimar's End of Day!!

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
Yes, they made the demo have 2 FS's per round, but the final will have this feature removed. It's actually the reason for the 2 month delay. They didn't want there to be a FS used more than once per match, but it "accidentally" got into the demo. Oops. <_<
they need 4 months from now to get that out? i highly doubt it.

Tanvis

Smash Cadet
In one of the vids...Pikachu is wearing Pichu's goggles....no more Pichu?

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
We can but hope. No offense to Pichu's fans (if there are any), but he honestly felt like a wasted character spot in Melee, a spot that could have gone to someone else. However, this doesn't deconfirm Pichu, it only knocks his chances. Also, my theory that he appears in the background of the electric mode of Pokemon Stadium 2 seems to have been disproved, so we'll have to wait and see what becomes of Pichu...

EDIT: @lukintosh: Meta's voice can be heard clearly at the end of two vids, the 'Diddy's Final Smash' vid and the vid showing the return of Sudden Death, both found in the first post of this topic...

Tanvis

Smash Cadet
Well yeah, Metaknight X, nothing is really deconfirmed unless its on the site or the game comes out but...definitely doesn't look good for the little yellow guy

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I doubt any new ones would surface now that it's been a few days after the media summit, but hopefully we can get an influx of them starting Thursday with the E for All public demo.

Question: The video that's on Pokemon Stadium 2 is kinda crappy, so I only noticed Electabuzz in the stage. Did anybody else notice any other electric Pokemon?

-Knux-

Smash Ace
I doubt any new ones would surface now that it's been a few days after the media summit, but hopefully we can get an influx of them starting Thursday with the E for All public demo.

Question: The video that's on Pokemon Stadium 2 is kinda crappy, so I only noticed Electabuzz in the stage. Did anybody else notice any other electric Pokemon?
I think that's Electivire, but yeah, he's the only Pokemon I saw there, too.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
can any1 show me peach's final smash?
Maybe you can check character forums. I dont have the video but i do have the article:

http://www.destructoid.com/hands-on-with-super-smash-bros-brawl-48983.phtml

Peach's Final Smash causes the camera to just zoom in on her while a couple of graphics from the Peach DS game come on the screen. When the camera zooms out, your opponents have fallen to sleep and dozens of peaches have appeared for you to eat and regain health with.

there is also Ike/Metaknight/Pikachu/Zerosuit final smash info.

Edit: o simaju i was just about to post it in your thread (which should be in character discussion) but it was closed right when i posted it.

Edit2: o oops you already found the it. (the video of it)

The Red M

Smash Apprentice
E for all footage

Hopefully at e for all we will see more Ike footage. I'd also like some more final smashes in action.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
I really can't believe there are no videos of Metaknight or Ike's Final Smashes. You'd think someone there would have the brain to look for stuff that hasn't been revealed yet and get it on video. Oh well, E for All is coming up.

M.K

Level 55
Seriously, the people on these videos needed to get the things that we have not seen. It pains me when I see an untouched Assist Trophy on the side of the stage...

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
The guy in the report said that the electric pikachu ball did to him 600% damage? I mean the guys are overpowered now or what?

DK did more than 100% with his down B to meta knght

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
I think the DK thing might have been a glitch. It did do 100%+ to metaknight, which seems kinda overpowered.

The 600% thing might have been because pikachu was standing still and the other guy walked into the ball. Not entirely sure though. He might have been exaggerating.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
WTB more gameplay footage. :(

I can't believe we haven't gotten ANY all weekend. Stupid IGN and taking weekends off.

Something I noticed in that 7-minute chunk, is that computer players, even those lowlife level 3s, are pulling off advanced techniques. You can see Mario use an airdodge in place of a triple jump to return to the stage at one point. I found that kind of odd. Hopefully that means AI will be a lot more intelligent to play against.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I believe there might'be been an embargo on everything at the event except the SSBB demonstration and five or so minutes of SSBB footage. Or something...I forget what it was exactly or where I heard it but I do remember that the embargo for everything else is up on Monday so we might get more SSBB footage then...maybe tonight at midnight PST.

jambre

Smash Apprentice
Something I noticed in that 7-minute chunk, is that computer players, even those lowlife level 3s, are pulling off advanced techniques. You can see Mario use an airdodge in place of a triple jump to return to the stage at one point. I found that kind of odd. Hopefully that means AI will be a lot more intelligent to play against.
computer yoshi does a ledgehop in the pit vs yoshi video though without an attack (the guy comments on the excellent AI dodging of the final smash)

also does they spikey thing come OUT of samus when she attacks in the gamespot interview?

Desruprot

Smash Lord
That Spiky thing is an item, I gathered because it poped up in the interview and the gameplay video (see gamespot for details). But that is also an new unknown item...

jambre

Smash Apprentice
i know its an item its just it came out of samus rather than at a spawn point

G4MER4LIFE

Smash Apprentice
wow never seen ANY of these! so cool, i just wish it was still Dec.3rd, but its prolly for the better

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Alright! Thanks for the heads up. It might take a little bit to download and upload to Youtube, so stay tuned. They will be on the main list shortly.

edit: err seems you can't download these just yet so I'll just link to the IGN page. Better quality there anyhow.

We'll have to wait for an IGN Insider to post them to Youtube for us.

gkrackerr

Smash Ace

I looked back at the vids with mario, yet i still cant seem to find the airdodge. Could you please give the vid name and the time that he does it? Thank you

Flatfeet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flatfeet
Did they even show Metaknight's final smash in that video from IGN? He got the ball but choked!
He used his Final Smash, but it seems you have to be in melee range to get hit by it. If you look at him you'll see he flips his cape forward.

Top Bottom