• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Official FAQ and QnA Thread - Ask Your Questions Here!

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
thanks allot for that besides fox and falco who is an aggressive character?
Well, Captain Falcon is the obvious one, he's well known for being very aggressive and he probably takes the cake. After that, it comes down to more opinions and how you want to play the character, but I think that Pikachu and even Doc/Mario do quite well with an aggressive playstyle. Another character that's a pretty strong aggressor is Yoshi, but he's very difficult to use and understand. Just like any mid/low tier character, you have to make a lot of good reads and smart plays to get the advantage over your opponent, so being blindly aggressive with a character like Yoshi will not work whatsoever - but that's true for any character as well, you need to be smart with your aggression or else you will fail.

But yeah, Captain Falcon is the most aggressive character

CeLL

Smash Lord
If you multishine on someone's shield and they buffer a spotdodge, does the next shine hit them?

mYzeALot

Smash Journeyman
Is auto-canceling something that people look to do a lot of the time? I rarely hear about it because L-canceling is talked about so much, but it seems like no lag is pretty good? I play Doc and puff and I've heard you can do it with both of their dairs, puffs nair, and docs bair and uair at least. Also, how do I practice this?

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
I feel like this question didn't necessarily need its own thread, so I figured I'd just ask it here. It's one I've always been curious about as well. So, what do you say to people who tell you that Melee isn't a "real" fighting game?

If you multishine on someone's shield and they buffer a spotdodge, does the next shine hit them?
I am winging this answer without actually testing it. If you are hitting frame perfect multishines (every 3-4 frames? as fox), then a person cannot do anything about it due to shieldstun. However, it might be possible to make a movement with Falco due to having a slower multishine rate (5-6 frames).

Is auto-canceling something that people look to do a lot of the time? I rarely hear about it because L-canceling is talked about so much, but it seems like no lag is pretty good? I play Doc and puff and I've heard you can do it with both of their dairs, puffs nair, and docs bair and uair at least. Also, how do I practice this?
Auto-canceling occurs on basically all move. It typically occurs at the tail end of a move well after the hitbox has ended or in the start up before a hitbox comes out.

Look at Marth:
http://smashboards.com/threads/complete-marth-hitboxes-and-frame-data.285324/

His Dair finishes the hitbox at frame 9, but cannot autocancel until frame 49 or more. Yet, it takes 16 frames landing lag with l-cancel. So, if you land on the ground at say frame 15 of Dair and get the l-cancel a total of 31 frame occured. You did that whole sequence in 31 frames compared to 49 if you aimmed for an auto-cancel.

In most cases you are better off going for l-cancel rather than some type of auto-cancel.

But, if you look at Marth's Nair, the final hitbox ends at frame 21 and you can auto-cancel at frame 25 or more. This is a couple frames faster than trying to do an L-canceled Nair. This would be one of the few moves to try practicing getting auto-cancels with. I am not sure about other characters.

Last edited:

tauKhan

Smash Lord
Captain falcon is the only top 8 char that cannot spotdodge a frame perfect fox unstaled double shine. Any char can spotdodge falco double shine. Spotdodging the shine doesn't help much though, since it can be easily punished after the shine that missed it.

Puff is the only top 8 char that can roll out of frame perfect double shine. She needs to use forward roll though. However if a spacie does a shine from jump, for example when multishining, he needs to wait for the shine to land before inputting jump or he will dj. This will allow any char to roll out.

@ Kadano Kadano @Stratocaster or anybody: Does the <x y> syntax on auto-cancel windows in hitbox threads mean that the move will auto-cancel only before x and after y or also on x and y?

But, if you look at Marth's Nair, the final hitbox ends at frame 21 and you can auto-cancel at frame 25 or more. This is a couple frames faster than trying to do an L-canceled Nair. This would be one of the few moves to try practicing getting auto-cancels with. I am not sure about other characters.
This is false. I believe marth's nair auto-cancels on frame 26 and after. This means that you'll be actionable on frame 30 if you auto-cancel on the first possible frame because you will then get normal land animation. However if you land on the first frame after second hitbox of nair and l-cancel, you'll be actionable on frame 29. So l-canceled nair is faster. (Or equally fast if the nair actually auto-cancels on frame 25)

Last edited:

SAUS

Smash Ace
I feel like this question didn't necessarily need its own thread, so I figured I'd just ask it here. It's one I've always been curious about as well. So, what do you say to people who tell you that Melee isn't a "real" fighting game?
Ask them what a "real" fighting game is. I usually poke at their combo system, and uninteresting, simple stages that only allow for a few scenarios in terms of stage positioning (even if battlefield was the only legal stage, it is still much, much more interesting than regular fighting game stages).

Question: Do moves that hit shields stale? What about parts of stages that you can hit, like shy guys or the tendon thingies on brinstar? Thanks.

Red Rice

Smash Journeyman
Melee has a unique combo system with knockback %'s and DI. It's one of the most technical games ever to be played competitively. We raised almost 100k for breast cancer. What did your game do?

tauKhan

Smash Lord
@ SAUS SAUS Hitting a shield doesn't stale a move. I'm not sure but I think a move stales when it deals damage.

Last edited:

Bones0

Smash Legend
First of all, the majority of the people that say this are just trying to troll you. Way too many people think they are valiantly defending Melee's honor as a game, but in reality they are portraying the community as socially inept nerds who care way too much what the general public thinks of them. If they aren't trolling, then they're really dumb. Either way, I don't say anything. I just show them this (first pic's caption):

IceyBeef

The Supreme Beef Lord
3DS FC
5069-4117-1821
I honestly dont know anywhere to post this <.<. But I wanted some tips on what motivates you to practice. When I practice melee I have some music and I last 1 hour. Im really into wanting to get reconized and be good ( I try to practice 3 hours a day). But I need sone ways to practice without giving up. Thanks

SAUS

Smash Ace
I honestly dont know anywhere to post this <.<. But I wanted some tips on what motivates you to practice. When I practice melee I have some music and I last 1 hour. Im really into wanting to get reconized and be good ( I try to practice 3 hours a day). But I need sone ways to practice without giving up. Thanks
How long have you been playing? When I started, my motivation was my friends (2 of my best friends before smash and I all picked the game up together). I think having a training partner is very helpful for motivation. By this, I mean someone you can play frequently and learn from - the should be at a similar skill level so you can both learn from each other. Once you start getting connected with the community, you will most likely find new people to play with. From there, strive to beat other players and allow your love for the game to guide you.

IceyBeef

The Supreme Beef Lord
3DS FC
5069-4117-1821
How long have you been playing? When I started, my motivation was my friends (2 of my best friends before smash and I all picked the game up together). I think having a training partner is very helpful for motivation. By this, I mean someone you can play frequently and learn from - the should be at a similar skill level so you can both learn from each other. Once you start getting connected with the community, you will most likely find new people to play with. From there, strive to beat other players and allow your love for the game to guide you.
I started playing smash in tournaments since December 2013. I have been the Scr 2014, Ph2, and tomorrow to Mlg. I had 2 partners to practice with that DEFINATLY helped me get good but, they quit smash for Dota D:. I have also been having trouble finding smash fests and such (Im in SD Socal).

Last edited:

Bones0

Smash Legend
I started playing smash in tournaments since December 2013. I have been the Scr 2014, Ph2, and tomorrow to Mlg. I had 2 partners to practice with that DEFINATLY helped me get good but, they quit smash for Dota D:. I have also been having trouble finding smash fests and such (Im in SD Socal).
Join the Socal Facebook threads. I'd be surprised if there was no one in San Diego.

NTA

Smash Lord
I'm not sure but I recall some kind of project for the gamecube to play games (specifically melee online). I think I remember seeing a video, but i have no idea how to find it. Does anyone know if it's still being worked on, or scrapped?

Flux0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flux0r
Hi!
I bought Melee recently after getting tired of playing Brawl competitively, the game sure feels MUCH faster then Brawl and i like it. Problem is, when i press a button it feels like it takes 3-2 frames before it responds wich messes up alot of shorthops and other technical stuff.

I tried Melee first on a 40' LCD TV where there was almost 6 frames. I got this old TV from a friend of mine, wich i am not sure is a CRT TV but it lags less then the flatscreen TV i had from before. It looks kinda slim for an CRT TV but i don't really know...

The TV is from FUNAI and it was produced somewhere between 2005-2009.

Do you guys know if the TV lags or it's just me being rusty?

UPDATE: (Sorry for the bad picture quality, i took it with my computer.)

Attachments

Last edited:

Bones0

Smash Legend
Hi!
I bought Melee recently after getting tired of playing Brawl competitively, the game sure feels MUCH faster then Brawl and i like it. Problem is, when i press a button it feels like it takes 3-2 frames before it responds wich messes up alot of shorthops and other technical stuff.

I tried Melee first on a 40' LCD TV where there was almost 6 frames. I got this old TV from a friend of mine, wich i am not sure is a CRT TV but it lags less then the flatscreen TV i had from before. It looks kinda slim for an CRT TV but i don't really know...

The TV is from FUNAI and it was produced somewhere between 2005-2009.

Do you guys know if the TV lags or it's just me being rusty?

UPDATE: (Sorry for the bad picture quality, i took it with my computer.)
Is it a flatscreen? It's impossible to tell for sure from the angle, but it has a monitor-esque stand so I'd be surprised if it was a CRT. You can try and get a nearby experienced player to test it, but if you think it lags and it doesn't have a huge back, it probably is. Most people that play Melee after playing on an LCD/barlw/P:M usually think it's TOO sensitive and are thrown off by how quick inputs register.

Flux0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flux0r
Is it a flatscreen? It's impossible to tell for sure from the angle, but it has a monitor-esque stand so I'd be surprised if it was a CRT. You can try and get a nearby experienced player to test it, but if you think it lags and it doesn't have a huge back, it probably is. Most people that play Melee after playing on an LCD/barlw/P:M usually think it's TOO sensitive and are thrown off by how quick inputs register.
I am quite experienced with Brawl, it's not unplayable but it can get quite annoying sometimes...

I have some more photos of the TV with different angles. It is definitely not a flatscreen TV but not as fat as a standard CRT TV. Does every CRT TV have a huge back?

Attachments

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
I am quite experienced with Brawl, it's not unplayable but it can get quite annoying sometimes...

I have some more photos of the TV with different angles. It is definitely not a flatscreen TV but not as fat as a standard CRT TV. Does every CRT TV have a huge back?
It's probably just and older or cheaper flatscreen, before they were more efficient. It certainly doesn't look like a CRT could possibly fit int here, from what I understand about them. I'm fairly certain that they're all pretty deep, but I've been wrong before.
I'd check craigslist or thrift stores if you want to get a cheap CRT. Some people will just give them away. What region do you live in?

Flux0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flux0r
It's probably just and older or cheaper flatscreen, before they were more efficient. It certainly doesn't look like a CRT could possibly fit int here, from what I understand about them. I'm fairly certain that they're all pretty deep, but I've been wrong before.
I'd check craigslist or thrift stores if you want to get a cheap CRT. Some people will just give them away. What region do you live in?
I live in Northern Europe, CRT TVs are pretty much dead here but i know some people who possibly has one in their basement...

I heard monitors are pretty good but i think you need a component to hdmi converter.

Are there some monitors you can recommend? I've got an
Acer 24" LED G246HLBbid in my room. It has 2ms in response time while the official MLG monitors has 1ms.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
I live in Northern Europe, CRT TVs are pretty much dead here but i know some people who possibly has one in their basement...

I heard monitors are pretty good but i think you need a component to hdmi converter.

Acer 24" LED G246HLBbid in my room. It has 2ms in response time while the official MLG monitors has 1ms.
If you have any grandparents that tend to be packrats and keep old stuff, check with them for CRTs maybe. Don't know much about monitors, though I've heard some people say that using a good converter with a good monitor works well.

Kadano

Magical Express

Hi. Where exactly? Sweden / Norway?

I have spent a lot of time researching the best video outputs for Melee. The monitor to recommend depends on numerous criteria:
1. The amount of latency you want to aim for
2. Whether you want progressive video (it looks a lot better than interlaced)
3. The picture quality you want to achieve
4. Whether you want to record your gameplay
4a. How good the quality of your recordings should be
5. The devices you already have (in this case, an LCD monitor with little response time and a Wii, I suppose)
6. The price you are willing to pay.

The good news: There are Wii VGA cables for only 12€ that can be connected to monitors so you can play in 480p60 with hardly if any perceivable latency.
The bad news: They are inconsistent with LCDs. Every 3 minutes or so, most (if not all) LCDs will go black for ~4 seconds.

I recommend ordering the VGA cable. If it works fine with your monitor, great. If not, get a CRT monitor for 0-10€ (a lot of people want to get rid of them). It will definitely work.

Ebay link: http://www.ebay.at/itm/181129894513?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Thread with more information: http://smashboards.com/threads/355292/

Last edited:

otter

Smash Ace
Can someone link me to info on how to shield drop (I've tried searching). Also, is it possible in PM?

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Can someone link me to info on how to shield drop (I've tried searching). Also, is it possible in PM?
You can shield drop in all smash games ever made so far!... if you didnt find that out already.

Anyway quick question. When do you know when its the right time to roll, rather than wd oos or jump or whatever?

Red Rice

Smash Journeyman
In certain situations, you have to buffer a roll in order to get out of pressure. WD OoS > aerial/grab/etc punishes the laggier moves. For example: if Sheik dsmashes my shield, I would get pushed away and while she's still in her animation, I WD OoS to get closer and punish, otherwise I would whiff the grab.

Stake

Smash Cadet
I don't know how to shield drop, I understand the falling through platforms to areial, but if I am in my shield, I spot dodge, if I leave my shield, I spot dodge unless I wait a while. I am missing something big lol. Is it certain frames maybe?
Anyways help appreciated.

Red Rice

Smash Journeyman
I don't know how to shield drop, I understand the falling through platforms to areial, but if I am in my shield, I spot dodge, if I leave my shield, I spot dodge unless I wait a while. I am missing something big lol. Is it certain frames maybe?
Do you know how to do tilt attacks? Well do the same thing with your shield and tilt it horizontally in either direction. Then hold that direction so that you don't roll but your shield is still tilted. Next, you rotate your analog stick down, i.e. a quarter circle.

Congratulations, you just shield dropped!

Bones0

Smash Legend
You're going too fast. Try moving your stick downward at a 45 degree angle. This allows you to move slower across the Y-axis without actually having to slow down your stick's overall movement.

The_Trip

Smash Rookie
Hi all,

I am Trip.
Have been playing on my own and with a few friends for about a month.
I recently found this forum and have been lurking for a bit reading articles, watching videos and seeking info on techniques and strategies. I decided to make an account so I can participate in the community, ask questions and seek further advice.

First off all I'd like to introduce myself.
I live in Copenhagen, Denmark. I am in my late twenties and I love smash. A friend recommended watching the documentary and when the last episode ended I found myself rewatching the whole thing haha
I was entrigued, inspired and there was no going back. Melee would be my new main game.

The next day I called up all my friends telling them about Smash and that we had to play HYPE. Luckily one of them had an old gc and melee xD
Within like a week everyone picked their main, all but me.
Marth, Falco, Fox, C.Falcon and Luigi. Luckily for me, the best :), was not taken yet.
Not saying we coulnd't play the same character and I certainly wanna pick a secondary later on, that probably will be either Falco or Captain Falcon, but I was happy I got the one noone else liked/thought of.
Sheik it was.
Quick jabs/tilts, a ranged ability, sharp movement, awesome combo abilities and a sick looking upB.
And my newly found idol Kirbykaze is maining her. Breathtaking long-term goal to strive for :)

For now I am getting absolutely dumped on by all my friends. Especially the Marth main. Like no-chance-at-all dumpstered.
We play for hours and hours and I rarely get a match. Maybe once or twice the whole night. Never against Marth.

I must say it's a bit demoralizing but I am having fun and learning regardless. I have my moments where I don't make many mistakes and I get my punishes and follow up into combos but it rarely leads into a kill and my edge-guarding game is horrible (consisting of jumping off the stage with a nair and shooting needles at their upB (fox and falco). I cannot seem to edgehog properly at all. Either I dont get there in time or I miss the reverse needle cancel, backwards wave dash grap, backwards shorthop grap etc.
My own recovery is horrible. I can do a ledge hop fair and I am starting to learn wave landing onto the stage etc. so it should improve soonish.

In general I try to space myself and bait out aerials that I can punish with my dash attack or grab but most of the time I get chased the **** down and I can barely find the ground.

So I guess my first question is: How do I stop this inferno of incoming attacks/well place fsmashes from marth. As soon as I put my shield up I get grapped and in general I can't seem to break out of close combat.
It seems like Marth puts in half the effort and comes out victorious, destroying me at like 70%. I kill Marth at about 160%.

Is it the right time to start practicing DI, CC and Tech? Or could it be some more fundamental stuff that I could take a look at?

Lastly, this is my second account. My first one "Trip" never got activated and I never got the confirmation email thingy. I tried and contact the support several times about possibly resending the confirmation email, but no answer what so ever.
If anyone has contact to a moderator/support please tell them to help me out on this since I'd rather use my original accout instead of this one.

Also sorry for the formatting of this post. It's messy I know xD
I promise I'll keep my future posts shorter and simpler.

Trip

Last edited:

Stake

Smash Cadet
Practicing tech is a good idea, DI I think is obviously easy, but SDI is something you can practice (training mode red shells).
I guess don't hang in shield too long, and after he uses an attack maybe try rolling sometimes. You will receive more help from other members in this thread as well.

Bones0

Smash Legend
So I guess my first question is: How do I stop this inferno of incoming attacks/well place fsmashes from marth. As soon as I put my shield up I get grapped and in general I can't seem to break out of close combat.
It seems like Marth puts in half the effort and comes out victorious, destroying me at like 70%. I kill Marth at about 160%.

Is it the right time to start practicing DI, CC and Tech? Or could it be some more fundamental stuff that I could take a look at?

Lastly, this is my second account. My first one "Trip" never got activated and I never got the confirmation email thingy. I tried and contact the support several times about possibly resending the confirmation email, but no answer what so ever.
If anyone has contact to a moderator/support please tell them to help me out on this since I'd rather use my original accout instead of this one.

Also sorry for the formatting of this post. It's messy I know xD
I promise I'll keep my future posts shorter and simpler.

Trip
Welcome!

A swing-happy Marth can be pretty troublesome for new players because you currently have limited/stiff movement. Work on dashdancing (DD) and wavedashing (WD) around the stage as fluently as possible. A lot of the swings Marths throw out can be baited out by dashing just within range or even staying outside of their range and then WDing back. Once they whiff, you are free to run back in and grab/dash attack (DA). As long as you stay unpredictable, they shouldn't be able to throw out attacks without being extremely precise and covering their tracks.

If you are dying at 70%, you need to work on your DI. To affect your trajectory as much as possible, you want to DI perpendicular to the default KB angle. Thus, if an attack sends you exactly horizontal, you would want to DI straight up. If it sends you ~15 degrees above the horizon, then you will want to DI up and about ~15 degrees towards the opponent. Just focus on survival DI for now so it's simple. All you want to do is aim your character for the very corner of the stage, and once you get good at that, even a beginner should be able to live into the 120% range fairly often (more or less depending on the stage of course).

CCing can be kinda hard to apply correctly when you're first starting out because most of the times you'll use it will be unnecessary or you won't be able to get the punish afterwards even if it was a good idea to CC. If they are hitting you with a specific move that is CCed well (most jabs, DAs, and weaker aerials) you can definitely try it out. For Sheik I'd just start out by CCing the attack and then using down on the C-stick to dsmash as soon as the reduced stun ends.

Teching is very important because without it basically every time you land from a throw or attack the opponent can just attack again without having to worry. Once you start teching, things that used to seem like free combos will become much harder or even impossible for the opponent to hit without a hard read.

Did you check your spam box? If not, @ Krynxe Krynxe should be able to help.

The_Trip

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the input guys!
Yea my movement is really basic at the moment. I cant even dash every time I want. On that note is there a video on a movement drillI could run? Or any idea on how to move quicker?

It seems like the most impactful change I could make is to learn to DI properly. I'll put my effort into that.

Stake, when you say it's easy what do you mean? Does it get easier to predict when you get hit with practice? If I understand it you need to input the direction right as you get hit or VERY soon after. It seems hard to predict for now. We'll see
I still don't understand the difference between DI and SDI.
What does practice mode red shells mean?

Also I'll practice WD like you said, WD'ing back as he fsmash and punish him with a dash attack? or do I have other options after the WD? (Btw. is punish the right word? Attack him in the lag he is after the attack). And I'll try the CC->DS combo as well as teching (I dont think I have done a single successfull tech yet tho).
Did you check your spam box? If not, @ Krynxe Krynxe should be able to help.
I did check my spam box. And nothing in there. I'll try and contact Krynxe

Last edited:

Bones0

Smash Legend
Thanks for the input guys!
Yea my movement is really basic at the moment. I cant even dash every time I want. On that note is there a video on a movement drillI could run? Or any idea on how to move quicker?

It seems like the most impactful change I could make is to learn to DI properly. I'll put my effort into that.

Stake, when you say it's easy what do you mean? Does it get easier to predict when you get hit with practice? If I understand it you need to input the direction right as you get hit or VERY soon after. It seems hard to predict for now. We'll see
I still don't understand the difference between DI and SDI.
What does practice mode red shells mean?

Also I'll practice WD like you said, WD'ing back as he fsmash and punish him with a dash attack? or do I have other options after the WD? (Btw. is punish the right word? Attack him in the lag he is after the attack). And I'll try the CC->DS combo as well as teching (I dont think I have done a single successfull tech yet tho).

I did check my spam box. And nothing in there. I'll try and contact Krynxe
The difference between DI and SDI is pretty simple because they aren't alike at all. When you get hit by an attack, both the attacker and victim go through a small number of "hitlag" frames. Both characters are frozen in their current animation, but the person who was hit can smash the stick in a direction to shift their character in that direction before they actually start to get sent flying. It is mostly useful in specific situations and most effective when you can do multiple SDI inputs for a single attack, but you definitely don't need to worry about it when you're just starting out. It's much more important to be sent at the right trajectory than it is to SDI a couple inches when you're talking about surviving hits. Also, you can't SDI throws.

By practicing with red shells, I assume he means you can throw a red shell in Training Mode and practice SDIing right when you get hit. Again though, I wouldn't worry about SDI yet. If you are going to do a DI drill like that, you're better off playing a CPU Captain Falcon and trying to survive when he walks up and Falcon Punches or shield vs. a Ganon and DI when he up-Bs you.

WDing back and then hitting them after htey whiff is definitely referred to as a punish. Basically any time you hit the opponent for a bad decision or input it is considered a punish. You can use other things after WDing back, but DA is definitely one of Sheik's best combo starters (DA -> ftilt/utilt (repeat if possible) -> fair is bread and butter). The other main option is to grab. Unlike DA, grab can beat CCs if they don't attack before you reach them, and if you were too slow to punish to get them before they shield, you will just grab their shield. If you don't think you can react in time at all, you can always take the safe route and shoot a needle or two at them just to get some damage and let them know they can't keep spamming attacks.

For teching, make sure you aren't spamming the L/R trigger. You have to press it in all the way, and if you try to tech within 40 frames (2/3rds of a second) of pressing L/R, the game won't let you tech, and you have to wait another 40 frames before you are allowed to tech. You have a 20 frame window before you hit the ground to time the tech so once you get used to it you'll be able to tech pretty consistently. You can practice that by using an item in Training Mode to knock your character upwards and tech right before you reach the ground.

Because Sheik has a really short DD, you won't have a very easy time applying it unless you can also WD well. Sheiks tend to DD to make minute spacing adjustments and turn in a particular direction while using WDs to advance or retreat a large amount of space. Some characters have the roles flipped (Fox and Falcon use their long dashes to cover ground and WD to adjust slightly). Here is a pretty solid video on the basics of DDing by CT_Zero:

Last edited:

The_Trip

Smash Rookie
I still dont understand what the red shells are. Is it an item? I can imagine DI'ing no problem when you know of an incoming hit but I'll give it a go anyway.

I cannot seem to get any successfull DIs out nor techs/tech rolls (Fightning the cpu here) I'll keep trying and get back with my progress.
Q: Is tech chasing a term describing you reading and reacting to missed or succesfull techs only? Or does that refer to any kind of follow up where the opponent hits the ground/surface inbetween? Or does it cover more than that?
I find the term Tech to be very unprecise in terms of the name itself. Short for technical? Isn't it essentially just L-cancelling?

Thank you for the DA tilt fair combo. I usually follow up DAs with more DAs lol or upsmash or downsmash. Tilts are great but I haven't been using them effectively partly because tilts are"hard" to do consistantly for a beginner in rushed situations. All but dtilt for some reason.

When I asked for a movement drill it was more of a request for how to more all over say Battle Field quickly and efficiently.
Would wave landing on each platform and jump to the next one mixing it up with DDs be enough (I cant do that yet tho) but what could I add on top of that?

Last edited:
Top Bottom