• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Fan Custom Colors Thread

fums63

Smash Apprentice
this is a recolor thread not a pixel thread
theres been tons of other off topic stuff and to keep the thread running we can't just have colors. this is still brawl related anyway since im only using brawl characters

Yes, fums, we can just have colors. The topic title says Offical Fan Custom Colors Thread. Posting crappy sprites isn't what this topic is for. If you want, start an Official Fugly Sprites Thread.

Mobbin

Smash Apprentice
Like that un', thank you.:) Mind if I use?:/
Aww, haven't taken a look in this thread since release :dizzy:
Sure, use it if you want :chuckle:

Since there has been a Marth update today, I could finally recolor him.
This here is my first recolor, it should look like his black costume.

If i have decent vids of his other costumes, I'll remake them and post them here, too.

greetz

Pit_y

Smash Cadet
Ohhhh... That Black Marth looked so awesome, it made me want to post this:

I did do this btw... ^^

Mobbin

Smash Apprentice
That Ike looks cool, especially the hair. Fits much better than his blue hair, in my opinion. :p

And here are my other Marth recolors, I only posted them in the Marth section:
Original colors:
Green costume:

Red costume:

New light blue costume:

White costume (this one is really ugly...)

Requested recolors:
Pink Marth:

Gold Marth (like Roy)

My own color-schemes:
Dark purple Marth:

greetz

Pit_y

Smash Cadet
Hmm... I really liked that red one.. and the first black one.
The others are cool as well, although I couldn't help but notice that there's something off in the boots of the green, light blue, white and pink costumes..

Anyways, I think I'll try to do my own version of a white Marth. I'll be sure to post it here when it's done. :)

Mobbin

Smash Apprentice
This thread needs a wake-up call.
I have some recolors, but nothing too great:

As you see, the pink CF looks just as ugly as the bright Marth recolors... I just couldn't figure out how to make bright recolors.
Anyways, I hope you like the recolors.

greetz

NeoHippie41

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaikuWarrior
This thread needs moar Ash Ketchum and moar Ninja Squirtles.

Lot's of great stuff in this thread BTW. Literally went through the whole thing over the past few days.

NeoHippie41

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaikuWarrior
This thread needs moar Ash Ketchum and moar Ninja Squirtles.

A lot of great stuff in this thread. Great job, almost everyone.

quatripain

Smash Journeyman
hey can someone give me the link to that place with the alt. costumes that looks like the dojo?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Bone Ridley (the last one) is freaking awesome. If only Brawl had a custom color-outfit mode like Soul Calibur 3 had.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord

More woe in the way of no custom colors.
Do you realize only the Pokés and Sonic have <6 colors? And Pika is the only character with 4? LAME.
If you don't get this one, you suck.

Spire

III
BRoomer
That wasn't exactly what I was going for, but it sounded cool, so I tried it out.

I call him Ridlich.

I was thinking that the entire time… That and Ridley playable…
*sigh* skrai…!
That is one of the best reskins to date. I love it!

More woe in the way of no custom colors.
Do you realize only the Pokés and Sonic have <6 colors? And Pika is the only character with 4? LAME.
If you don't get this one, you suck.
Pachirikachu! I've always hated Pikachu's and Jiggly's alt skins. They just give them hats rather than other colors. I think to honor other Pokemon that aren't playable, they should have given each of them skins that resembled other Pokemon - like Pachirisu for example (which was done perfectly - I picked up on it instantly).

I think Pikachu should have alt skins for: Raichu, Pichu, Pachirisu, Marrill, Plusle, and Minun (any others?).

Jigglypuff's alt skins should be: Wigglytuff, Igglybuff, Clefairy, and Chansey (any others?).

Anyways, great job on the work. I think I'll give reskinning a shot.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Here is my version of Fierce Deity Link. I hadn't really seen one before in this thread, other than a "low-budget" Toon Link version, so I decided to give it a go. Enjoy!

EDIT: To include the new version of Fierce Deity Link. Changes include: Removal of shield, Fierce Deity gauntlets, blonder hair.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
That is one of the best reskins to date. I love it!

Pachirikachu! I've always hated Pikachu's and Jiggly's alt skins. They just give them hats rather than other colors. I think to honor other Pokemon that aren't playable, they should have given each of them skins that resembled other Pokemon - like Pachirisu for example (which was done perfectly - I picked up on it instantly).

Anyways, great job on the work. I think I'll give reskinning a shot.
Thanks for the praise.
I used to really hate the hats, but I got excited when I saw Pika with Brendan's headband, I was hoping he would also have Lucas's beret and (especially, all other characters get gold and/or black color(s)) Gold's hat. Unfortunately, no. Jiggs got Green's hat, but she should have been a full alternate costume for Red anyway, but no Dawn beanie, no Crystal's yarmulke, and they didn't even mirror Pika and give Jiggs May's do-rag. LAME. Plus, even if they did do this, it'd still seem like a cop-out since they all should have been Red alts, especially since they named him "Pokémon Trainer." They are all "Pokémon Trainers," right? So shouldn't they be one of that character's costumes? They gave him a Brendan color-swap, but that's all. REAL LAME.

Anyway, I digress far too much, and I could keep going forever if I don't stop myself. My point is, colors would be a great way to rep Pokés who don't otherwise make an appearance, but you forgot some:
Squirtle: Torkoal, Turtwig, Sandslash, Shuckle
Ivysaur: Parasect, Gloom, Skiploom, Lotad, Shaymin
Charizard: Dragonite, Salamence, Feraligatr, Sceptile, Togetic
Mewtwo: Lucario, Deoxys, Mew, Lugia, Arceus
Plus the shinies. Pika and Jiggs are the only Pokés with shiny costumes in Brawl? And Pika's doesn't seem deliberate.
And they could have a random chance of Pokéball Pokémon being shiny. Just an aesthetic thing, but maybe giving you bonus points at the end like Mew & Celebi did.

Man, I love colors. And you could really make any character look like anyone if we had customs. But we don't, instead we have Sakurai.

Fierce Deity Link
WOW. DO WANT. It's understandable that you left the shield there, considering how difficult it would be to remove, and how much else you did change anyway. It's really good, and makes me less upset that FD doesn't make an appearance, seeing as my primary motive for that is to see his awesome in next-next gen graphics.
We NEED MM2.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Mewtwo: Lucario, Deoxys, Mew, Lugia, Arceus
Hahahahahahaha. Stupid 4th Gen consumers and their Lucario....

Squirtle: Torkoal, Turtwig, Sandslash, Shuckle
Ivysaur: Parasect, Gloom, Skiploom, Lotad, Shaymin
Charizard: Dragonite, Salamence, Feraligatr, Sceptile, Togetic
Totally agree with you there - especially on the Charizard alts (all would work perfectly - even the bizarre Togetic). I think Garchomp could work really well too.

Plus the shinies. Pika and Jiggs are the only Pokés with shiny costumes in Brawl? Pika's doesn't seem deliberate.
And they could have a random chance of Pokéball Pokémon being shiny. Just an aesthetic thing, but maybe giving you bonus points at the end like Mew & Celebi did.

Man, I love colors. And you could really make any character look like anyone if we had customs. But we don't, instead we have Sakurai.
Shinies really needed to be in. It wouldn't have been hard to do so, but I guess it would just be another gimmick - like 80% of Brawl anyways. Shiny Charizard, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Lucario were needed. Instead, we get a bunch of alt skins that were waaaaaaay too similar.

WOW. DO WANT. It's understandable that you left the shield there, considering how difficult it would be to remove, and how much else you did change anyway. It's really good, and makes me less upset that FD doesn't make an appearance, seeing as my primary motive for that is to see his awesome in next-next gen graphics.
We NEED MM2.
A sequel to Majora's Mask would be incredible -- or an extended remake. It won't happen though, because it's more of a "cult" title in the Zelda series. A sequel would be great because it would explain what happened to the Hero of Time after both OoT and MM - further revealing information about Twilight Princess (which occurs in the same timeline as MM).

Hmm... what if they remade Majora's Mask, but you play as the Skull Kid rather than Link??

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Hahahahahahaha. Stupid 4th Gen consumers and their Lucario....
Yep, but hey, at least it's not Blaziken…

I think Garchomp could work really well too.
Yeah, it would. And Flygon, now that I think about it.

Instead, we get a bunch of alt skins that were waaaaaaay too similar.
Not to mention blue Charizard looks like it's suffocating…

A sequel to Majora's Mask would be incredible -- or an extended remake. It won't happen though, because it's more of a "cult" title in the Zelda series. A sequel would be great because it would explain what happened to the Hero of Time after both OoT and MM - further revealing information about Twilight Princess (which occurs in the same timeline as MM).
It's a shame, though. I always liked MM more than OoT. More regular and transformation masks would be neat. I'd want a Subrosian, they're always been my favorite race, and an actual Garo form, which are like Subrosians' badass cousins. Stalfos, Bokoblins, Poes, Minish, Rito, Twili, Skull Kids, Majora himself… So many cool options…

Hmm... what if they remade Majora's Mask, but you play as the Skull Kid rather than Link??
I've come up with that idea, too, as a sort of "Super Luigi Galaxy-esque" bonus.

Hmm… Getting a bit off-topic now… Not like it matters since we're the only ones in here now…
Just saw that you actually removed the shield, and I have to say that you are ridiculously good at this. Stop making mine look so amateur!
If anyone has any requests, you can see that I've already got a Ridley & Pikachu template, and, since I seem to be a natural Sonic main, plan to make a couple dream-colors for him.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Hmm… Getting a bit off-topic now… Not like it matters since we're the only ones in here now…
Just saw that you actually removed the shield, and I have to say that you are ridiculously good at this. Stop making mine look so amateur!
If anyone has any requests, you can see that I've already got a Ridley & Pikachu template, and, since I seem to be a natural Sonic main, plan to make a couple dream-colors for him.
Well hey, Ridlich and Pachirikachu have won this thread over for me ;)

I work with Photoshop almost 24/7, so I've learned my trick of the trade.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
someone make squirtle squad glasses squirtle (and i guess pt/ivy/zard)

NOW

look at my sig for the awesome reference

and i like the yellow lucario. the shiny sprite in the games has bluer fur and red eyes though. just a nitpick.

Top Bottom