• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official EC Starcraft 2 Discussion!

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
When's the tourney? I probably won't be able to enter because I have to study all the time. Mav you should tone down the arrogance...again.

M@v

Subarashii!
Had a zerg rage against me saying terrans have it too easy <3. I didn't realize getting a free early expansion putting you at a huge econ advantage is not having it easy :p

Plus, we were on lost temple.

LOST TEMPLE.

They should know that's a terran's dreamland.

Lobos

Smash Master
shanus vs S.O.L.I.D.
EnigmaticCam vs Ankoku
rhan vs Sensei Hanzo
M@v vs ArcNatural
Kenrawr vs HeroMystic
Twig vs Pakman
Oh. vs SCOTU
Cynan vs Matt07

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Had a zerg rage against me saying terrans have it too easy <3. I didn't realize getting a free early expansion putting you at a huge econ advantage is not having it easy :p

LOST TEMPLE.

I don't think LT is that bad for Z anymore. Roach + decent crawler placement expecting the cliff drop isn't hard to stop. I'm not very good but it's not as bad as it used to be before the roach range buff. Once you get to third base on that map as Z I think it becomes relatively evenish. The narrow chokes all over the map are still a pain though.

And I feel like I need to state this. But the purpose of the early hatch is not just for the econ advantage. It's to match the unit production of terran/protoss since your buildings are separate from your CC/Nexus. Slush has a really well timed push involving Roach and FE which he never drones from his natural until he has poked with the roaches for example.

But what happens is most Zergs will try to get as much of a econ advantage as they can before making units. But having to hatch and droning your main and just producing units is perfectly fine and not all-in either. In short, most Zergs are greedy and try to get the econ advantage early, when in fact it can easily be done after holding off the first push, etc. providing you already have your natural made (easy drone transfer, 1 drone round of injects).

I'm not excluding myself from the rest here about being greedy with drones, but that's really what it boils down to.

Oh add me to the East Coast list please. ArcNatural 328
http://www.sc2ranks.com/us/1392926/ArcNatural

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace

LOST TEMPLE.

Terrans do have it too easy....

XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

M@v

Subarashii!
^ Saved. Even though marines get wrecked by almost all those units in reality xD.

They are good vs mutas and Hydras by themselves. That's about it. Marines shine when they are mixed into other unit compositions.

Also, I think the zerg counter to thor are mass infestors with parasite. But it has to be executed well. I was able to barely win fights against most of them, except this rank 10 diamond who completely ****faced me with infestors/roaches.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
^ Saved. Even though marines get wrecked by almost all those units in reality xD.

They are good vs mutas and Hydras by themselves. That's about it. Marines shine when they are mixed into other unit compositions.
According to GSL 2 your wrong lol. Since all of these happened and FoxeR always wins. :D.

Finals SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED BoxeR VS NesTea!
I don't know what's going to happen in the finals, but I really hope we see crazy play from FoxeR and NesTea.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Twig rocked me 2-0.

1st map was Metropolis,
2nd was was Lost Temple.

He went random and got terran twice.

ggs.

EDIT:Wrong thread but ill leave it here.

Lobos

Smash Master
Winners' Brackets Round 2
Kenrawr vs Oh.
M@v vs Cynan Machae
Sensei Hanzo vs Twig
shanus vs Ankoku

Losers' Brackets Round 1
ArcNatural vs Matt07
HeroMystic vs SCOTU
rhan vs Pakman
S.O.L.I.D. vs EnigmaticCam

(smirk)

rhan

Smash Hero
OH **** THE TOURNEY WAS DOUBLE ELIM?!

****.. I just got done with a offline SCII tourney.

Got 2nd place in Teams. <3

Out of 4 teams...

WON MY MONEY BACK! :D

shanus

Smash Hero
Black Ops is mad fun. Why did it take me so long to find this thread?

I wish gomtv put up more content aside from just GSL.

Oh.

Smash Apprentice
I do.

I'm still platinum in diamond 4v4 and for some reason every time I do random EVERYONE on my team is HORRIBLE.

"Hey can you guys just do a basic 4gate and build some units"

-one guy builds forge + cannons and a gateways (NOT WARPGATES)
-one guy tries to tech up to colossi, gets ONE colossi out without even thermal lance
-one guy actually does a 4gate but for some reason builds a forge and ends up negating the 4gate

then we got rushed and lost

playing with bad randoms is so frustrating cause most of the time they won't listen to you and think that they're better than you.

M@v

Subarashii!
I do.

I'm still platinum in diamond 4v4 and for some reason every time I do random EVERYONE on my team is HORRIBLE.

"Hey can you guys just do a basic 4gate and build some units"

-one guy builds forge + cannons and a gateways (NOT WARPGATES)
-one guy tries to tech up to colossi, gets ONE colossi out without even thermal lance
-one guy actually does a 4gate but for some reason builds a forge and ends up negating the 4gate

then we got rushed and lost

playing with bad randoms is so frustrating cause most of the time they won't listen to you and think that they're better than you.

double 4gate so broken in teams :D

4gate in 1v1s is broken against most people who don't know the appropriate counter.

Even if it fails I just transition into an expansion+robo tech because I'll have map control.

Oh.

Smash Apprentice
IMO there are tons of unbeatable strategies on 4v4, esp. on maps with shorter rushing distances

i think it'd be fun just to test them out since they're all-ins and it'll mostly rely on micro and teamwork to win rather than macro

rhan

Smash Hero
I would like to join in the 4v4's though. I hate them with a passion but I'm bored... and I wanna try out my new laptop as much as possible.

Top Bottom