• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Deku Link Thread

Vanilla

Smash Apprentice

(DISCLAIMER: Picture hosted by International Idiocy and clearly watermarked as IGN's. I'm not trying to steal it, don't worry.)

I think Deku Link should be added into Super Smash Brothers: Brawl. He and Mach Rider are my main two picks for Brawl, someone already made a thread for Mach Rider though, so I made this one.

As much as I hate having another Link placed in the game, Deku Link is different enough that he'd be a good addition I think. Maybe he could replace Young Link, I don't really care to be honest.

This would also be cool because it could certainly justify having Tatl in game as well. Tatl would be able to participate in some of the moves, just like Toad with Peach. (see below for examples on how Tatl could be involved, would not be like Ice Climbers at all.)

Possible move set:
  • A: Simple punch, maybe a headbutt.
  • A-Down (while in air): Fairy smash - Tatl would be around Deku Link the whole time (just like Majora's Mask) and when in the air Deku Link could shoot Tatl down into people under him. could become a meteor smash.
  • B: Bubble shot. (self-explanitory, perhaps similar to Samus's gun shot)
  • B-Side: Ocarina (obviously he wouldn't play the ocarina, he'd play his little tube thing, but I didn't know what else to call it) - Would lull enemies to sleep, like Jigglypuff's song move.
  • B-Down: Fairy spin - Tatl would spin around with him to do damage to people around him. Similar to Link/Young Link's B-Up other than the fact that it wouldn't move him up at all. Not a jump.)
  • B-Up: Flower jump: Similar to Peach's B-Up move, would pull out two flowers and shoot up and then coast to the course. (Just like in game when he launches from the hole things)

That's just a thought, I think it'd be cool. What do you guys think?

PS: If someone would add a link to this thread, that would be grand.

echo419

Smash Rookie
how is that a copy? what on earth could that be a copy of? not link not samus not ANYONE

its just a dumb idea

anti_dan

Smash Apprentice
That guy looks like a golem. Which makes me think, what if there was a character that summoned something that was sort of like Pikablue in Melle. Just walks and pushes, it would be hilarious and sweet for combos.

Vanilla

Smash Apprentice
~omega~ said:
lol umm yeah that is a copy of link...
No, it's not. It's a lot more original than most of the other characters and it would have a fairly unique moveset.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Deku Link could be interesting but I doubt he'll be in the game unless Young Link is still there and happens to have a transformation of him.

And about Mach Rider, hmmmmm..............

fluffy

Smash Champion
Wii..Will Kick Your.... said:
skull kid (with majoras mask) is a much better player for the game instead of deku link...
totally. yup.

Vanilla

Smash Apprentice
skull kid (with majoras mask) is a much better player for the game instead of deku link...
I wish we could not have posts like this. Sure, Skull Kid would be a great addition too. However, given the fact that this thread is about Deku Link and not Skull Kid, it would be nice to actually discuss the possibility of Deku Link being a character.

EDIT: I want to make sure you don't get me wrong here. I tihnk that post was fine, I just don't think this thread was the best of places for it. This is a Deku Link discussion thread. If you want to talk about how much better a character Skull Kid would be, why don't you make a "Which characters from Majora's Mask should be added into Brawl?" or something? That would be more fitting and that kind of post could probably go in there.

Vanilla said:
I wish we could not have posts like this. Sure, Skull Kid would be a great addition too. However, given the fact that this thread is about Deku Link and not Skull Kid, it would be nice to actually discuss the possibility of Deku Link being a character.

EDIT: I want to make sure you don't get me wrong here. I tihnk that post was fine, I just don't think this thread was the best of places for it. This is a Deku Link discussion thread. If you want to talk about how much better a character Skull Kid would be, why don't you make a "Which characters from Majora's Mask should be added into Brawl?" or something? That would be more fitting and that kind of post could probably go in there.

calm down it was just an opinion...i am all for discussing deku link i just think it was a proper statement to say WHY i dont want deku link in because i much rather hav skull kid represent majoras mask not deku link in my opinion....gotta take the negative along with the positive

Vanilla

Smash Apprentice
calm down it was just an opinion...i am all for discussing deku link i just think it was a proper statement to say WHY i dont want deku link in because i much rather hav skull kid represent majoras mask not deku link in my opinion....gotta take the negative along with the positive
See here's the thing, sure you would rather have Skull Kid, but that shouldn't affect your opinion of Deku Link. I'm not trying to jump out at you, I'm just saying that focusing on Deku Link is the point of this thread.

I want Mach Rider more than anyone else added into Brawl. That does not mean I should go into a R.O.B. thread and say that "I'd rather have Mach Rider than R.O.B.", especially if they made a move set out for R.O.B.

I'm not trying to call you out, I'd just like to see some discussion about the possibility of Deku Link being a character.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I don't know what it is, but I personally think Deku Link is the coolest of Link's Forms from Majora's Mask! I'd love to see Deku Link in Brawl!

Bobby Emerald

Smash Apprentice
No offense Vanilla, but that's a horrible idea. I mean, what would its air moves be? What would its smash moves be?
Come up with something like that, and I'll recognize Deku Link as a possible Smash player.

Nintendo Advocate

Smash Apprentice
hehehahaha...is this thread a joke?

This is a poor character choice for brawl. Reasons/Facts why:
-not popular
-no fanbase
-not a whole lot of games
-not a playable characters (not counting the masks)

Oh, and the moveset you made back on page one was horrid! *shudders*

This is worse than the HappyMaskSalesman for brawl!

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
hehehahaha...is this thread a joke?

This is a poor character choice for brawl. Reasons/Facts why:
-not popular
-no fanbase
-not a whole lot of games
-not a playable characters (not counting the masks)

Oh, and the moveset you made back on page one was horrid! *shudders*

This is worse than the HappyMaskSalesman for brawl!
How do you know he isn't popular and has no fan base. ICs only had one game as well. That last one doesn't even make sense.

Nintendo Advocate

Smash Apprentice
How do you know he isn't popular and has no fan base. ICs only had one game as well. That last one doesn't even make sense.
when was the last time in your life that you heard someone say "DEKU LINK IS SOOOO AWESOME, I SUK HIS NUTZ EVERY NIGHT, JUST BECAUSE HE PWNS!!!!111"

lol

what does the ICs have to do with this? they had a fanbase AFTER melee was made.

the last one doesn't make sense? here, let me re-word it for you guys:

HAPPYMASKSALESMAN SUX MONKEY ****!

lol
(sorry for swearing)

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
OMG! lately people have been posting THE lamest character ideas. If any more zelda characters are gonna be added, there either gonna be Zant, Vaati, or Midna.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Young Link has fire arrows. Fire beats wood. You're the only one I've seen that came up with such a stupid statement. Unless you're joking.
You know what? Screw you. I think Deku Link looks cooler.

But we are entitled to our own opinions, and I'll respect yours if you respect mine.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
when was the last time in your life that you heard someone say "DEKU LINK IS SOOOO AWESOME, I SUK HIS NUTZ EVERY NIGHT, JUST BECAUSE HE PWNS!!!!111"

lol

what does the ICs have to do with this? they had a fanbase AFTER melee was made.

the last one doesn't make sense? here, let me re-word it for you guys:

HAPPYMASKSALESMAN SUX MONKEY ****!

lol
(sorry for swearing)
I am tired of this. First it was all in the HMS thread, then it was mentioned in the rick thread, and now here. If you are going to discuss HMS keep it in his thread. Its really annoying. Its not enough for you to argue in 8 pages in that thread, but you have to mention it here, and in other places. Seriously drop it, and grow up. And stop the cussing.

And your comment on deku link was repulsive.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
OMG! lately people have been posting THE lamest character ideas. If any more zelda characters are gonna be added, there either gonna be Zant, Vaati, or Midna.
This isn't a recent thread, this was made in 05-24-2006. Someone just bumped it.

Deku link... I can only see in if he is a transformation, or involved in Y. Links Super Smash.

Here is a Super Smash, that I was suggesting would make more sence than adding a super smash for each form.
~~~
Y. link (or any other form of link) pulls out his ocarina (or other instrument) and plays
Elegy of emptiness and makes a doppleganger of each of his forms.
Y. link- shots several arrows
Deku link- shots bubbles or attacks with deku nuts
Zora link- attacks with fins, or charges opponent with his gutair.
Goron link- does a roll out attack.
Fierce deity link- finishes off the smash attack with sevral sword attack.
~~~

~D3~

Pomfrod

Smash Apprentice
This topic is hilarious--I never knew such a cute little guy could spark so much blazing violence. :laugh:

Honestly, I don't think anyone would place money on Deku Link making it on the roster, but that's not what we're discussing. Truth is, it's an awesome character, and Deku, along with Goron and Zora Link, would be great fighters if they were included. But, of course, that would put us at six Zelda characters and very unequal representation.

The ideas for special attacks are copious. Spin, Horns, Flower, Bubble, Shell Shield, Deku stick/nut, and water-hopping appear in the game and would translate well to a character.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Many people on this forum need to take a deep breath, and calm down. If you don't like a character, that's all very well and good. If you think someone is stupid for coming up with the idea, fine. But you don't have to walk into the thread and flame them. It's an opinion. Not everyone has to agree with your opinion on every single character. I'm not directing this at anyone in particular, mind.

Anyway, Deku Link has a lot of potential moves, and he'd probably be an interesting character. The only reason I'd rather not see him is because of the whole "multiple Links" problem.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Many people on this forum need to take a deep breath, and calm down. If you don't like a character, that's all very well and good. If you think someone is stupid for coming up with the idea, fine. But you don't have to walk into the thread and flame them. It's an opinion. Not everyone has to agree with your opinion on every single character. I'm not directing this at anyone in particular, mind.

Anyway, Deku Link has a lot of potential moves, and he'd probably be an interesting character. The only reason I'd rather not see him is because of the whole "multiple Links" problem.
I'm sure you already know this, but there's already a "Multiple Links" problem. Unless you're suggesting that they should resolve that problem, then I don't see why they shouldn't add Deku Link.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I'm sure you already know this, but there's already a "Multiple Links" problem. Unless you're suggesting that they should resolve that problem, then I don't see why they shouldn't add Deku Link.
Actually, I think they should take out Young Link. Not because I have anything against him as a character, but because I just feel like there's something wrong when I see Link twice on the character select screen. And really, what would be the point of fixing the problem if you're just going to add in Deku Link, Wolf Link, and who knows what else.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Actually, I think they should take out Young Link. Not because I have anything against him as a character, but because I just feel like there's something wrong when I see Link twice on the character select screen. And really, what would be the point of fixing the problem if you're just going to add in Deku Link, Wolf Link, and who knows what else.
I agree you you that Young Link should be taken out, but it's mostly becaus of the fact that he's a clone, and Sakurai said that some characters won't return in Brawl.

I think you're right. I guess there shouldn't be anymore Links. They should just stick with different characters, like Tingle and Vaati.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Deku Link is the form Link took after he was cursed by the Skull Kid in Majora's Mask. It's one of the most humiliating moments in the series as a Deku Scrub is pretty useless. Here's a pic:

I don't really see him apearing in Brawl, though he would be a pretty hilarious addition.

WESTRON

Smash Rookie
OH thanks. Now I know who he is. He's kinda cool but I just don't think he has much potential for and independant character with unique moves. I would also WAY rather see WWlink insted in place of young link. I think WWlink has potential.

jobustillos

Smash Rookie
Instead uf deku link they should have the majora's link so he can transfom into zoron and goron as well.

Top Bottom