• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Code Q&A + Requests

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
I have a request: A Rock, Paper, Scissors code

Basically, Player 1 would be extra strong against P2, P2 would be strong against P3, and P3 strong against P1.

It'd add a fun and interesting mulitplayer dynamic, encouraging offensive and defensive strategies; chasing and dodging.

Rudra

Smash Ace
...What happens to Player 4? Also, wouldnt that lead to people CPing control ports too?
It also seems almost like a form of port priority imo.

Bakuryu

Smash Ace
Weird request, but can you make a code that gives you the ability to grab while in the air? I think it would be a neat mechanic to toy with although I doubt it would become anything.

Xaej

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure if this request is even possible, but if it is, I would GREATLY appreciate it.

I'm requesting a code that does the following:

The code makes it possible to make name specific random character choices.

For example, the name "Jo" can choose random and it will only choose from the random characters he wants (say Bowser, Metaknight, Fox, & Peach). The name "Bob" can choose random and it chooses between his selections (Donkey Kong, Luigi, Captain Falcon, & Lucas).

I expect the code would be implemented in a similar manner to the Level Freezer, like where you could do this:

hex for name
hex for character
hex for character
hex for character
hex for character
hex for name
repeat..

---

Is something like this even possible?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Numbuh 214

Smash Apprentice
So, I hear a lot about the "buffer"... so let me see if I understand what it is...
  1. This "buffer" is how many frames it takes your character to respond to your input.
  2. It is set to 10 by default in Brawl, which is far too high when you're trying to do all this technical stuff.
  3. We know how to set it, but we don't know exactly where to set it (for things like Brawl+).
Would you consider it cheating if someone used a code to lower this "buffer" to beat Intense Boss Battles? (Assume no other codes are used.) Personally, I think it evens the playing field.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
The "Buffer" isn't how long you wait, but rather, if you're doing an action, and you press another input up to 10 frames before you can do that action, you'll do it the moment you can. Say you're dash attacking and you want to shield. The buffer allows you to press R up to 10 before the dash attack ends and have the shield come up the frame you're done dash attacking.

I would imagine it to be "cheating" to use any game changing codes if you were trying to do a score run of something.

Flashxyoh

Smash Rookie
I'm wondering if there is a code that could freeze the castle siege level at the throne room
or make it stay at the throne room

kuenzel

Smash Ace
This isn't specifically about code, but my question definatley doesn't deserve its own thread, so I'll ask here-

What's the difference between the normal Gecko OS and the Gecko OSb (Brawl) version?

Blooqkazoo

Smash Journeyman
I'm wondering if there is a code that could freeze the castle siege level at the throne room
or make it stay at the throne room
Stop Level
284F7880 00000800
4A000000 90000000
1416A904 00000000
E0000000 80008000

Press A on the P1 wiimote to stop the stage.

Sonic24

Smash Apprentice
i saw this texture color where links triforce slash was blue instead of yellow does any one know the code and the fill in numbers for it?

Almas

Smash Lord
The Brawl customised GeckoOS, written by svpe, has a slightly increased linespace (~430 instead of 256), due to him overwriting an unused section of the launcher's code.

D

Deleted member

Has the code to not load and skip the intro movie been made? That would really speed up the process of preparing a match...
A code to skip the "Strap your wiimote" screen would be nice, too.

BEES

Smash Lord
I'm looking for a code that already exists.

Ever since I installed the homebrew channel, I could not connect to wifi for mario kart (mind you, this is when I load it through the system menu. I don't hack and I never have).

Where is the code that allows mario kart to work online on a wii that has the homebrew channel? I think it stopped it from checking for updates or something like that...

I would search, but the search function appears to be down.

Sph34r

Smash Journeyman
Hi, can I get the code that controlls how fast the little "hand" moves in the character selection screen? I noticed Brawl+ has made it significantly faster and I'd like to do that in vBrawl as well.

Xaej

Smash Cadet
Hi Sph34r,

While I'm not saying you're wrong in your observation, I'd just like to say that I'm not actually sure about that.

I've never HEARD of any difference in the cursor speed, and I don't know that there is a code to do this. Perhaps one of your controllers is messed up, lol?

That said, I could have overlooked that code, I'll check tomorrow and get back to you.

auroreon

Smash Ace
There are too many codes requests being posted too quickly, and requests are just being lost.
So heres a list of all the requests for the last 3 pages, I suggest that when you request a code, you also paste this list so that that the latest post contains all the currently requested codes. And as requests are deemed not possible or a code is created/posted, you delete them from the list... Just an idea...

Anyway, heres the list of current requests:
Double Jump Canceling
Freeze Pictochat
Pokemon Stadium 1 Freeze
Shield colour modifier
Replace Stock Icons with Character Icons (Melee Style)
Snake can move around in box
Rock, Paper, Scissors code (Player 1 would be extra strong against P2, P2 would be strong against P3, and P3 strong against P1)
Grab While in the air
Name Specific Random Character Choices (Description)
Freeze Castle Siege at throne room
Skip intro movie/Wiimote safety warning
Start match with no Pikmin as Olimar
Random stage selection biased (Description)

I would like to request a code that makes the random stage selection biased.
Bassically, you can set the percentage chance for each stage of being chosen by the random stage selection.
Using this code you could give neutral stages a high chance of being chosen and counterpicks a low chance of being chosen and banned stages a 0% chance of being chosen.

Rudra

Smash Ace
Anyway, heres the list of current requests:
Double Jump Canceling
Freeze Pictochat
Pokemon Stadium 1 Freeze
Shield colour modifier
Rock, Paper, Scissors code (Player 1 would be extra strong against P2, P2 would be strong against P3, and P3 strong against P1)
Grab While in the air
Random stage selection biased
-Pokemon selections from Pokemon Change are input based
-Zamus can transform to Samus (Reverse Animation from Taunt sequence, no armor pieces should she return to Zamus)
-FLUDD/Water Gun pushes the opponent a little further
-Taunt Canceling?
-JC Grabs?
-CC affects KB on weak moves, disabled during crawl?

My older requests from page 4. =/

AzureTwilight

Smash Rookie
Is it possible to have a code to Final Smash swap? Specifically, if Zamus activates her Final Smash, she instead uses Samus's laser cannon Final Smash. That way, she also changes back into Zamus.

Thanks if possible! ^ ^

JacobWins

Smash Journeyman
Luigi's Mansion Flatlands (Phantom wings, 23 lines)
4A000000 90180F3A
38000000 FF000004
48000000 805B8ADC
DE000000 80008180
1400020C 4F000000
3000024C 00000000
1400024C 01010101
3000024D 03030303
1400024C 00000000
E2000001 00000000
14000250 41C00000
14000254 41C00000
1400025C C1C00000
14000260 41C00000
90010000 00000000
58010000 FFFFFDF0
10000150 00000007
14000154 4F000000
4A001000 00000000
58010000 FFFFFDFC
10000150 00000007
14000154 4F000000
E0000000 80008000

There ya go

Is there something similar to this to get just the final (bottom) portion of Castle Siege? Like where you never experience the shifts or the other two parts at all?
Thank you very much sir.

Anyone know if they can freeze pictochat for me?

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Double Jump Canceling
Freeze Pictochat
Pokemon Stadium 1 Freeze
Shield colour modifier
Grab While in the air
Random stage selection biased (Description)
Pokemon selections from Pokemon Change are input based
Zamus can transform to Samus (Reverse Animation from Taunt sequence, no armor pieces should she return to Zamus)
FLUDD/Water Gun pushes the opponent a little further
Taunt Canceling?
JC Grabs?
CC affects KB on weak moves, disabled during crawl?
Ganon/Falcon get back their 2nd jump after aerial DownB
No Footstool Jumps/Map Footstool Jumps to Another Button.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
For PictoChat freeze, use Level Freezer code

Level Freezer[Phantom Wings/Almas]
4A000000 90000000
1416A904 BF800000
22623090 00000024
1416A904 00000000
1416A904 3F800000
E0000000 80008000

And enter the Stage ID 24 for PictoChat. You can do this for any stage so as long as you have the Stage ID, with varying effects depending on stage (Big Blue, Yoshi's Island Brawl, Spear Pillar, etc.)

MasterRaichu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EddieJ86
3DS FC
2337-4950-9512
Gameplay type code.

I think those of us that play Dedede would appreciate the ability to still use the A-button while over top of a Waddle-Dee/Doo. I think a code that made Dedede only able to throw the Dees/Doos when pressing B instead of A would be a great idea.

Almas

Smash Lord
Which region of Brawl are you using? Have you changed anything about your codes?

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
I hope it's not rude to ask but the unrestricted control editing has this annoying glitch. If you change smash with C-Stick to something else then change it back to smash, it's a different attack. You can only do F-smash on the ground. Is there any way to fix that. And also, the Wii+Chuck allows specific smashes (U-Smash, D-Smash, F-Smash). Is there a way to make it so that you can set those specific smashes on a button on any controller? Like U-Smash on X?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Is there a code to Unlock all Music?
Surprisingly, no.

Code:
Franklin Badges Are CDs
4A000000 8098D528
D2000000 00000003
2C060001 40820008
38C0000B 60000000
90DD08C0 00000000
Use that code, go into training mode, and spawn a ton of "franklin badges." You'll get CDs instead. Now just pick them all up and repeat the spawning/collecting process until you have them all. Doesn't take more than a few minutes.

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
...What happens to Player 4? Also, wouldnt that lead to people CPing control ports too?
It also seems almost like a form of port priority imo.
Well, assuming only 3 players were playing, 3 would be super strong against one.

There could be a version of the code for four players where 3 is strong against 4 and 4 is strong against 1.

Ideally, an encompassing code would switch between these 2 automatically, depending on how many players are playing.

Almas

Smash Lord
Have you unlocked all the maps and characters? That has been known to cause issues.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Have you unlocked all the maps and characters? That has been known to cause issues.
Yes I have.

This seems to happen randomly, sometimes it freezes if I quit a match other it freezes right away when it starts, when it freezes I can't do nothing I have to reset my Wii to keep playing.

auroreon

Smash Ace
Double Jump Canceling
Freeze Pictochat
Pokemon Stadium 1 Freeze
Shield colour modifier
Grab While in the air
Name Specific Random Character Choices (http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7035729&postcount=204)
Random stage selection biased (http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7041098&postcount=218)
Pokemon selections from Pokemon Change are input based
Zamus can transform to Samus (Reverse Animation from Taunt sequence, no armor pieces should she return to Zamus)
FLUDD/Water Gun pushes the opponent a little further
Taunt Canceling
JC Grabs
CC affects KB on weak moves (disabled during crawl)
Ganon/Falcon get back their 2nd jump after aerial DownB
No Footstool Jumps/Map Footstool Jumps to Another Button
Ability for D3 to attack with A button instead of picking up Waddle when standing on one.

I have another code request, Im not sure how possible it is but it would sure be an awesome code.
As you may know, its possible to store a Brawl Name Tag to a Wiimote, then copy onto someone elses Brawl save data. You can do this by going to the Name options, it allows you to carry your tag around with you on your Wiimote to use with other peoples copies of brawl.
However, its a pretty useless feature because all it does is save your name and controller configuration. It doesn't store any of your stats.
So, do you think it would be possible to create a code that lets you store your stats on a wiimote when you copy your name tag over to it.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Is there anyway to make a code that just gets rid of certain animations, for example, I want it so people can't double jump. Is there anyway to use the animation replacement code to get this effect?

osh77

Smash Cadet
I was wondering if it would be possible to create a code that could fast forward or slow down replays in the viewer. I always have games where I'm playing like crap in the beginning to test out new codes then unexpectely have an insano combo at the end that I'd like to show my friends. If I could fast forward through some of that bs in the beginning it would speed up the whole process. Though I would love to see a whole lot more editting and control in replays, this is one tidbit I'd love to see created.
Maybe by using the speed up capabilities of training mode and applying it to the replay with a button press?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I was wondering if it would be possible to create a code that could fast forward or slow down replays in the viewer. I always have games where I'm playing like crap in the beginning to test out new codes then unexpectely have an insano combo at the end that I'd like to show my friends. If I could fast forward through some of that bs in the beginning it would speed up the whole process. Though I would love to see a whole lot more editting and control in replays, this is one tidbit I'd love to see created.
Maybe by using the speed up capabilities of training mode and applying it to the replay with a button press?
get vid capture equipment and slow it down and show it to THE WHOLE WORLD

Top Bottom