• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I am inclined to admit that that is indeed correct, I was not thinking that one through. :awesome:

I feel the same way about Ridley, regardless of his role, it seems as though Sakurai should have just revealed his role or not mentioned him at all rather than introduce this ambiguity to incite discussion. Albeit, no one wants to discuss poor Dark Pit as most people have already made up their minds on him.
In retrospect, we've talked about Dark Pit quite a bit already. I would say that it's because we've talked about Dark Pit so much that most people have already made up their minds on him.

Morbi

Scavenger
it would be a waste of time and effort to just hint a character in a reveal trailer and not show a full trailer for that character
Unless the cliff-hanger entails that we are to receive a second trailer that continues from where ours left off, one that does not reveal just Pittoo, but another as well!

Morbi

Scavenger
In retrospect, we've talked about Dark Pit quite a bit already. I would say that it's because we've talked about Dark Pit so much that most people have already made up their minds on him.
I would agree if I felt as though people gave it more thought, the arguments against him are presumptuous at best. However, I suppose we do speak of Dark Pit a lot, it seems as though it is a sensitive subject. Regardless, I believe that I have made it quite apparent that I support him. In the event (when) he is revealed, everyone will remember that MA was right again! :surprised:

Or I will leave in shame. :awesome:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
When thrown at the enemy their momentum makes them slide or shoot in a sideways direction far more then most other items. It's weird to describe, but give it a shot and you'll see what I mean.
I saw a video and went on Smashwiki and now I understand what you're saying. "Lateral knockback" is what you mean, right?

mark welford

Smash Ace
Unless the cliff-hanger entails that we are to receive a second trailer that continues from where ours left off, one that does not reveal just Pittoo, but another as well!
well that would make sense but that would all the same be a waste of valuable time and effort that valuable time and effort could be spent making a new character or working on a character that was in a previous installment

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I would agree if I felt as though people gave it more thought, the arguments against him are presumptuous at best. However, I suppose we do speak of Dark Pit a lot, it seems as though it is a sensitive subject. Regardless, I believe that I have made it quite apparent that I support him. In the event (when) he is revealed, everyone will remember that MA was right again! :surprised:

Wasn't Ridley your life insurance? :awesome:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Did they now?! I suppose I find them to be about as delusional as everyone finds me at the current time. Reading into those trailer hints! It will never yield anything, or so they say, we shall see.
The topic is very subjective. So that's another problem with debating these situations. I didn't find Tom Nook likely at all, but after Isabelle's reveal as an Assist Trophy, I starting thinking to myself that it's possible that Tom Nook could indeed become a character. Likely? Nah, but the reveal raised a couple of eyebrows.

Dark Pit, like other variants of already existing characters, receives a lot of criticism.
I have to say, I think you'll be leaving in shame on this note. :awesome:
We'll see though.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Wasn't Ridley your life insurance? :awesome:
And we see how well that worked out (or we will, soon)! I am still here, my time has not yet come! Ridley's non-inclusion is based on a gentlemen's agreement, I am essentially forced to leave. My leave as a result of Dark Pit's non-inclusion would be based on my humiliation and nothing more. :grin:

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
In the subject or Dark Pit, i think it's either costume or character, if Sakurai sees him as worthy enough for a clone, we could get another Lucina, if not i don't think it would go past alt. costume for Pit.

Morbi

Scavenger
which do you guys like better old goofy looking pit? or modern pit?
Modern Pit. More specifically, Pittoo.

In the subject or Dark Pit, i think it's either costume or character, if Sakurai sees him as worthy enough for a clone, we could get another Lucina, if not i don't think it would go past alt. costume for Pit.
Or perhaps he is both! The palette from Brawl in addition to the character, Dark Pit. While we are at it, make him a stage-boss as well. Why not? :shades:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
we always talk about newcomers but what about veterans? who is you guy most wanted veteran to return? if you are wondering who is my most wanted veteran I always talk about he is the most vicious space animal he is wolf!
I hope Wolf returns.
My most wanted veteran is Squirtle. Ivysaur would be nice too.
which do you guys like better old goofy looking pit? or modern pit?
Neither as I despise Pit :awesome:
Seriously though, I prefer his modern look.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Wait a sec, if Dark Pit isn't really a bad guy, then why would he be a boss??? I mean, he's a boss at certain points in Uprising, but Pit and Dark Pit are eventually on the same side, right? Unless he just wants to eff with people, in which the trailer kinda makes it look like he does indeed want to eff with people.

Eh.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I hope Wolf returns.
My most wanted veteran is Squirtle. Ivysaur would be nice too.

Neither as I despise Pit :awesome:
Seriously though, I prefer his modern look.
I do not hope for Wolf, one does not simply "hope" for the inevitable. :wolf:

Ah, I see. That gives me some great insight. You are not too fond of Pit, so that is why you enjoy Dark Pit so much!

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Ah, I see. That gives me some great insight. You are not too fond of Pit, so that is why you enjoy Dark Pit so much!
How'd you figure it out!? :)
But yes, that influences my thoughts about Dark Pit but not to the extent you may think.

mark welford

Smash Ace
in a fight there were 2 characters a serious looking character and a goofy looking character which one would you guys choose? I would choose the cartoony character

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I do not hope for Wolf, one does not simply "hope" for the inevitable. :wolf:

I don't like Pit either. I stomached him for Palutena, Viridi, and Pandora. He was funny sometimes, but only thanks to Pautena and Viridi.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium

Sounds like a plan I guess. I admit that I fall towards the side that believes that he'll either be an over glorified alt, or a stage boss. In my defense, I have sat and read through just about every Dark Pit debate since E3 and contributed to one or two, so I feel like I've earned my opinion. I do keep an open mind though. I definitely think it's possible that he could be playable, but I just feel that he won't. Just another common point of view that just happens to be mine. It's really still all up in the air at this point in time. We'll learn the truth eventually. I hope you don't have to leave in shame though.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
in a fight there were 2 characters a serious looking character and a goofy looking character which one would you guys choose? I would choose the cartoony character
Depends on how they look. Both the modern Pit and Project M Classic Pit are pretty cartoony and goofy.

Also,

I hope Amazon Pandora is an Assist Trophy if she isn't a boss.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Yeah, I'm not saying it's impossible for Dark Pit not to be his own character, but I still find him rather unlikely on his own.

mark welford

Smash Ace
I get a certain joy out of beating a serious character like ike or snake with a character like Mario or Kirby. Am I only who experience that joy?

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Depends on how they look. Both the modern Pit and Project M Classic Pit are pretty cartoony and goofy.

Also,

I hope Amazon Pandora is an Assist Trophy if she isn't a boss.
I agree.

I hope Viridi is more visible that I think she'll be on her stage compared to what it looks like. I love me Tsunderes.

Can we get off Kid Icarus for a it? I really like the game, but I'm sick of talking about Dark Pit.

How about wild card characters, ones you don't see on many rosters. Who would you pick to get in? I'm talking guys like Andy, Sami, Capt. Rainbow, Mach Rider.

That's interesting to me. I found his naiveté and boyishness quite charming. I'm curious, what was it about Pit's character that you didn't like?
Sometimes I just found him unbearably annoying. That's all.

Last edited:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Damn Dark Pit was being chatted up at the Ridley thread, woof.

Also,

I also found Pit's naivete and boyishness quite charming as well. He's a fun character for sure, I enjoyed his banter with Palutena and everyone else during the game. Wouldn't have been the same without it.

Also,

I agree.

I hope Viridi is more visible that I think she'll be on her stage compared to what it looks like. I love me Tsunderes.

Can we get off Kid Icarus for a it? I really like the game, but I'm sick of talking about Dark Pit.

How about wild card characters, ones you don't see on many rosters. Who would you pick to get in? I'm talking guys like Andy, Sami, Capt. Rainbow, Mach Rider.

Sometimes I just found him unbearably annoying. That's all.
No to Captain Rainbow. If I were Nintendo I'd gloss over anything related to that puppy whenever necessary. Lol.

I'm not familiar with Advance Wars, though. I know a little. I don't know how they'd play without guns, are there other weapons in the series besides guns and tanks?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom