• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl Tier Discussion (OP Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexX

Smash Ace
Why do people insist Falcon is Rick Wheeler? The anime is not canon to the games, Captain Falcon's true identity has always been Douglas J. Falcon. >.>

T.C Smasher

Smash Rookie
I'm only new here and i've only read a few posts on this forum but from my understanding from what i've read people keep saying wario is bottom of the tier list?
i main wario as he's a good psyche out and has some pretty tricky moves to hit people with and exellent recovory
i don't think this is really a good argument to actully make people consider wario but i tried

Tenki

Smash Hero
I'm only new here and i've only read a few posts on this forum but from my understanding from what i've read people keep saying wario is bottom of the tier list?
i main wario as he's a good psyche out and has some pretty tricky moves to hit people with and exellent recovory
i don't think this is really a good argument to actully make people consider wario but i tried
...no?

His tournament results are above par, if what I heard from rumors is true (haven't checked the thread myself), and bottom is usually reserved for:

Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Yoshi, Samus, and Sonic.

don't read this thread from the beginning, read it starting from at least the last page lol.

bah, back in March/April, people were hoping Snake would be mid-tier, and look where he is now. He's pimping tourney results thanks to the Metaknights that take out the other possible troublesome characters lol.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
I remember when it was Wolf/Tink/Marth for top tier. Meta was supposed to not get above mid high due to his "lack of KO power". Snake was considered terrible... so was Wario... Point being... it changes a lot.

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
Changes:I'm giving ToonLink enough of a Luigi boost as it is. Can't move him up any higher cuz he can't even do as well as Sonic on the tourney scene.

Top Tier:
Meta Knight
Snake

Higher:
Mr.Game and Watch
DeDeDe
Marth
R.O.B.
Falco

High:

Wario
Pikachu
DK
Lucario
Olimar
Ice Climbers

Middle:
Diddy
Kirby
Pit
Zero suit Samus
Wolf
Peach
Toon Link
Bowser
Zelda/Sheik
Lucas
Fox
Zelda

Low:
Sonic
Pokemon Trainer
Luigi
Ness
Mario
Ike
Yoshi
Jigglypuff
Samus
Link
Sheik

Bottom:
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon

I did this list without counting, and it turned out pretty well. 13 above middle, and 13 below middle. I feel it's pretty balanced, but I may have screwed up locations since I don't know about all of their metagames(like I've never seen a Kirby at a tournament). Also as I said before, I do look at tournament rankings, but this is mostly based on opinion. We all know Luigi is the least used tournament character, so I don't want people saying he is bottom tier when we all know he isn't. He might be low tier, but I don't know.
Since I have not seen all these characters in tournaments, I will need your help to get this list going. I'd like this list to be good enough to be a solid guideline until we get an official list.
Bowser in the middle tier? Madness!

T.C Smasher

Smash Rookie
er.. sorry to ask but why is samus bottom tier?
is it lack of tecniques (sorry can't spell lol)
or is it because the majourity of people who play as her in tournaments
have been beaten?

Tenki

Smash Hero
because Samus has been nerfed from Melee, she needs high % to kill, etc etc.

`.`; IMO they're pretty lame reasons aside from tourney results, but that's pretty much it.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Changes:I'm giving ToonLink enough of a Luigi boost as it is. Can't move him up any higher cuz he can't even do as well as Sonic on the tourney scene.

Top Tier:
Meta Knight
Snake

Higher:
Mr.Game and Watch
DeDeDe
Marth
R.O.B.
Falco

High:

Wario
Pikachu
DK
Lucario
Olimar
Ice Climbers

Middle:
Diddy
Kirby
Pit
Zero suit Samus
Wolf
Peach
Toon Link
Bowser
Zelda/Sheik
Lucas
Fox
Zelda

Low:
Sonic
Pokemon Trainer
Luigi
Ness
Mario
Ike
Yoshi
Jigglypuff
Samus
Link
Sheik

Bottom:
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon

I did this list without counting, and it turned out pretty well. 13 above middle, and 13 below middle. I feel it's pretty balanced, but I may have screwed up locations since I don't know about all of their metagames(like I've never seen a Kirby at a tournament). Also as I said before, I do look at tournament rankings, but this is mostly based on opinion. We all know Luigi is the least used tournament character, so I don't want people saying he is bottom tier when we all know he isn't. He might be low tier, but I don't know.
Since I have not seen all these characters in tournaments, I will need your help to get this list going. I'd like this list to be good enough to be a solid guideline until we get an official list.
Probably the best one I've seen.

Browny

Smash Hater
I dont think theres a bigger gap between Falco and wolf than there is between wolf and fox. either bring fox up/wolf down, or falco down/wolf up imo

ROb > marth, even if its by 1 place. and Bowser cant be that high :/ otherwise looks alright to me :)

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Marth is doing more then ROB in tourney and has better match-ups.

There is just no reason to have ROB higher then Marth.

Scala

Smash Ace
I dont think theres a bigger gap between Falco and wolf than there is between wolf and fox. either bring fox up/wolf down, or falco down/wolf up imo

ROb > marth, even if its by 1 place. and Bowser cant be that high :/ otherwise looks alright to me :)
Bowser is definitely that high. At least.

Grunt

Smash Master
you're right. i know nothing about my own main. how foolish of me. not to mention I am complete garbage at this game, and haven't even unlocked Wolf yet.

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
Right now, these are my impressions, feel free to disagree/call me an idiot. Of course, this will change as time goes on and people convince me I'm stupid.

Top Tier:

1. MetaKnight
2. Snake

High Tier:

3. Game & Watch
4. King DeDeDe
5. Falco
6. Marth
7. R.O.B.
8. Wario
9. Pikachu
10. Olimar
11. Toon Link
12. Wolf
13. Pit

Middle Tier:

14. Lucario
15. Lucas
16. Fox
17. Diddy Kong
18. Donkey Kong
19. Ice Climbers* (The problem is that they're too dependant on the player for an accurate tier.)
20. Zelda
21. Kirby

Low Tier:

22. Ness
23. Princess Peach
24. Luigi
25. Mario
26. Bowser
27. Sheik
28. Link
29. Pokemon Trainer
30. Ganondorf
31. Yoshi
32. Sonic

Bottom Tier:

33. Ike
34. Samus
35. Jigglypuff
36. Captain Falcon

Illusive

Smash Apprentice
Whatever the case, please have an odd number of tiers. Make sure the middle tier is actually the middle tier.

Also, is metaknight good enough for a broken tier? Or a banned tier? I know it's never happened before in the smash series, but so many other games have it and Meta Knight seriously seems to be centralising the metgame (IMO).

Pieisthebest

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0430-8304-2774
Right now, these are my impressions, feel free to disagree/call me an idiot. Of course, this will change as time goes on and people convince me I'm stupid.

Top Tier:

1. MetaKnight
2. Snake

High Tier:

3. Game & Watch
4. King DeDeDe
5. Falco
6. Marth
7. R.O.B. - Switch with wario
8. Wario
9. Pikachu - Switch with Diddy
10. Olimar - Go above the newly switched diddy
11. Toon Link - Switch with DK

12. Wolf
13. Pit

Middle Tier:

14. Lucario
15. Lucas - Switch with peach, and move up to mid
16. Fox
17. Diddy Kong
18. Donkey Kong
19. Ice Climbers* (The problem is that they're too dependant on the player for an accurate tier.)
20. Zelda
21. Kirby - Switch with newly placed peach

Low Tier:

22. Ness - Move up to mid
23. Princess Peach - See lucas

24. Luigi
25. Mario
26. Bowser
27. Sheik
28. Link
29. Pokemon Trainer
30. Ganondorf
31. Yoshi
32. Sonic

Bottom Tier:

33. Ike
34. Samus
35. Jigglypuff
36. Captain Falcon
What I would do in bold, other than that the list is soooo good <33

Also you get extra pwn for ike in bottom ^_^

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong

Top Tier:
Meta Knight
Snake

Higher:
Mr.Game and Watch
DeDeDe
Marth
R.O.B.
Falco

High:

Wario
Pikachu
DK
Lucario
Olimar
Ice Climbers

Middle:
Diddy
Kirby
Pit
Zero suit Samus
Wolf
Peach
Toon Link
Bowser
Zelda/Sheik
Lucas
Fox
Zelda

Low:
Sonic
Pokemon Trainer
Luigi
Ness
Mario
Ike
Yoshi
Jigglypuff
Samus
Link
Sheik

Bottom:
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon
This list looks really good. But i dont think DK or Olimar deserve high tier, and neither Toon Link or Pit deserves to be in Middle tier (at least high)

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Where do you people get your change ideas from?
AND WHY IS GANON STILL AT THE BOTTOM??? I say he should be top, or high at least.
Anyone who actually plays him at any level beyond "total nub" will tell you that he's bottom tier. He just doesn't have the attributes to make him a good char.

"Ganondorf is top/high tier in brawl" for GANNON-BAN!

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
How does ROB own Marth?

Please elaborate.

When you say own I'm thinking 80/20 match-up ratio so please be able to back up this claim.

You might not think it's that bad, but the word own indicates that Marth has no chance.

Also, even if ROB does own Marth it doesn't change the fact that Marth is doing more then ROB in tourney.

That's just one match-up as well.

And overall Marth is just a better character then ROB.

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
Bull****.
I got 2 ppl who say otherwise...
Sigh, Nick....

Ganondorf sucks in just about every category.

- He has awful combos
- He has a subpar recovery
- He has no approach
- Did I mention he's slow?
- He doesn't even have good priority.
- And overall he's just not a great character, I challenge you to ever beat me with Ganondorf.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Bull****.
I got 2 ppl who say otherwise...
Appeal to popularity fallacy, I don't care how many people you have saying it, you're still wrong.

Ganondorf is slow, has no projectiles, has no safe moves, has a poor recovery, need I go on?

He has horrible match-ups as well (almost completely disadvantages, but a few neutrals).

He does hit like a bus full of fat people, but that's it.

Come on!!! Scared of the challenge?
Wait... so because I didn't post immediately... I wasn't gonna post. Some responses take weeks to ultimately draft, doesn't mean I gave up, just that I've got other more important things to do then explain to you why you're wrong.

Reminds me of this: Local Idiot To Post Comment On Internet.

Local Idiot To Post Comment On Internet said:
"Once this minor diversion is complete, I will finish posting my comment, then sit there like the worthless human being I am and wait for other commenters to respond," he added. "Because, as I mentioned before, I have nothing better to do with my life."
Patience is a virtue, and put a little thought in your posts, you don't want to be the subject of that article.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom