• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
He has an attack who can do a "a single-stroke finishing blow"... Sounds like Roy for me.
Maybe Roy won't come back. He was a clone after all.

Mckillyou

Smash Journeyman
AWESOME.

I honestly didn't think any new characters would be revealed before they put all the veteran character and already announced character profiles up!

Dr.Mario84

Smash Cadet
Hmm, Ike shown before any other Fire Emblem character?

Fishy, I would figure Marth to be shown first. But, perhaps Marth might be abandon as there will be strict consideration of no Japan-only characters.

Also, did anyone take notice at the icon number? It's number is 12, which nearly flaws the past idea of an order in the icon system as someone once stated, if any of you recall.

Either that, or the Game & Watch series is being removed from Brawl.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I think the Ike is probably going to be, either a Marth/Roy clone...

Or perhaps, a roy clone based on strength instead of speed, and we might get some other FE swordsman that is speed based.

I for one, like the idea of clones, as long as the clones are actually different enough and both have obvious strengths over the other.

Think Capn Faclon and Ganon, not Pikachu/Pichu

MarsBitrona

Smash Apprentice
Well that was unexpected. I didn't expect new characters before they even covered Meta-Knight. He might even get away with being anything but a Marth clone, as that two-handed sword makes things interesting (and he does hold it with two hands in one of the screens). If nothing else, the forward smash should be slower and less broken than Marth's from Melee.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
omfg we got Ike! Ike!

Ha, I totally saw a newcomer happening! Ha, except I thought it would be Sonic. Ahh well, all you fools can rid of your Ike for Brawl banners, and support Wnd Waker Link! ;)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^^ LOL. Sakurai is better than expected at mindgames, he tops God even. God envys his mindgame powers! :) Next to kill off the wants [to be real additions]...Diddy "f***ing" Kong! YIPEE! :)

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I believe Sakurai references to the single blow attack as Aether, due to the nature of Aether in the games.

However, it is inconsistent with this design, because he could only learn Aether as a Lord.

But, **** this ****, it's freaking IKE!

Not Tina, but IKE!

Anyway, Aether could only be learned with an occult scroll.

What really makes Ike shine, though, is his Master Skill. You should
definitely save an Occult scroll for Ike, because Aether is one of the best
Skills in the entire game. With Aether, Ike can deal massive damage to his
enemy as well as heal himself. Combine that with his relatively good Defense
and he'll be very easy to keep alive. It's a good thing, seeing as how it's
Game Over if he buys the farm.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/file/920189/39883

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Nope.

An Occult Scroll is a special scroll which allows for a character to learn a new ability, mostly ranging from extra healing features to new critical hit attacks.

Aether is one of those critical hitters.

soaz

Smash Ace
i thik they should have made ike more detailed.Like they did with mario and link.He seems way to much melee looking to me.

Sandy

Smash Champion
I really like the Fire Emblem characters, Ike looks great and I hope they keep Marth & Roy. Also, everyone now knows that the castle IS a Fire Emblem stage. Now if they would just confirm Falco!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
HEHE, he's cel-shaded. More proof that WW Link can make it, assuming Pikachu, Dr. Wright, Samurai Goroh, Groudon, other Pokeball Pokemon, and of course Kirby weren't enough to prove it to you, lol! :laugh:

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
At least we know that they'll show some new charcters. I hope King Dedede next. Ike looks great can't wait to try him (I'm not a FE fan at all. Heck I never played the games).

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Looks cool, I hope Roy stays out now, we don't need 3 people from FE.

On a side note, Sariku will be happy about having another man. :p

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Finally...stage update for the castle? I'm still wondering if the inside/outside are the same stage (I'm thinking they are) and how that will work exactly...

dan smith

Smash Champion
One of the other FE characters will almost certainly be out now. No?

Good update, he looks good, and maybe balanced. The Aether attack sounds interesting, even if it is an attack that he normally wouldn't have without special context. Look at Ness in SSB64 and SSBM, he has PK attacks that only Paula learns in Earthbound.

Oh, and I think a neat bonus to this update was the "Warning..." image. I bet that exact image shall be used in game for unlocking character announcements.

Man...now I'm anxious to see more characters...and surely tonights update with be lame after such an exceptional one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom