• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeadPenguin

Smash Cadet
When I saw 'Pitfall' and it wasn't a dude swinging over alligators, I have to say I was a bit disappointed.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Lo and behold it's an item. And not really an impressive one imo, I mean the Animal Crossing tribute is nice, but eh.

Viewtiful_Jeff

Smash Apprentice
While I hate Animal Crossing with the burning passion of 1000 white hot suns....this is actually kinda cool. I've always been a sucker for trap items. If Brawl has a larger variety then just the proximity mine, well then I'd just be tickled pink.

Edit:

....But LeadPenguin makes me think such grand dreams.

Curse you, LeadPenguin.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
lol i want the unluckiest guy to hit a bumper forcing him to slip on a banana which is right next to a pitfall right when dk is using his final smash next to him

or for simplicity giga bowser falling in a pitfall

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
so it says you'll like pass through a level if u get hit by it or somethin. does that mean if u hit someone wit it at the right spot they'll pass through the level n automatically die

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
so it says you'll like pass through a level if u get hit by it or somethin. does that mean if u hit someone wit it at the right spot they'll pass through the level n automatically die
i think you can pass through only pass througable platforms

so this item will create havoc in pit's stage

it will also be fun in dk's stage

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
thought so. it'll be real fun on DK's stage
"No, Please don't leave me here, I don't want to DIE!"

everyone else laughs, as the whinning character gets KO'd.

I'm going to make a lot of paradies of that...I wonder wat it would be like if Icicle Mountain returned, and the camera was scrolling super fast after you got stuck, lol! :laugh: BAD TIIMING, for sure! :) :chuckle: :p

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
really neat item. makes for a cool gimmick

did anyone else notice this is the first normal item to not be a part of the smash bros. franchise?
Ya... I thought that was pretty weird... but if you think about it, it makes sense...
Gooey Bomb: From a francaise that won't have a major part of the game.
Cracker Launcher: From a francaise that won't have a major part of the game.
Crates and Barrels: Although clearly this originated from Donkey Kong, these have always kind of been Smash items since 64.
Banana Peel: Did it originate from DK, or Mario Kart? A little complicated...???:confused:
Bumper: From a francaise that won't have a major part of the game.
Pitfall: It actually works...lol

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I must retract one of my previous statements. Now, the first thing I do with Smash Bros will be to do a FFA with only bumpers, banana peels, and pitfalls. Oh, the hilarity.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Ya... I thought that was pretty weird... but if you think about it, it makes sense...
Gooey Bomb: From a francaise that won't have a major part of the game.
Cracker Launcher: From a francaise that won't have a major part of the game.
Crates and Barrels: Although clearly this originated from Donkey Kong, these have always kind of been Smash items since 64.
Banana Peel: Did it originate from DK, or Mario Kart? A little complicated...???:confused:
Bumper: From a francaise that won't have a major part of the game.
Pitfall: It actually works...lol
wrong. cracker launcher is from kirby airride. kirby is a major franchise.

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
wrong. cracker launcher is from kirby airride. kirby is a major franchise.
My bad :(
I thought it was from some random game made by HAL Labratory, not Kirby, lol

Banana Peel is from MK.

I thought Gooey Bomb and Bumper were smash-originals...:confused:
With the banana peel, they were in Donkey Kong Country first though...

Gooey Bomb, I forget what it's from, but it's either from some random game by HAL Labratory (maybe got mixed up with Cracker Launcher) or it's from Perfect Dark or something...

Bumper is from Pinball I think, for the NES.

PurpleStuff

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me or in the last picture of the update does Bowser's shell look deformed and just...wrong? Or is that just him "passing through" and his frame doesn't take up any of the actual space where the platform is? Free cookies for whoever can actually understand that last question.

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
Is it just me or in the last picture of the update does Bowser's shell look deformed and just...wrong? Or is that just him "passing through" and his frame doesn't take up any of the actual space where the platform is? Free cookies for whoever can actually understand that last question.
Oh! Oh! I want free cookies!

I think it does look a little messed up, but I think Bowser's actually stuck into the platform above him.
The part that looks really messed up is dirt, I think.

SuperAce

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if they'll go with actual costume costumes this time, over alternate palletes. The original Smash was just pallettes. Melee was a step-up, with refrences to blood falcon and gravity samus, the ice climber switch, Princess Daisy and of course Classic Mario colors. And who can forget the M/Wario color scheme. But would we see magic armor Link, or perhaps one of Marth's form from the original fire emblem?

PurpleStuff

Smash Apprentice
Oh! You are so right! After looking at DK being stuck, I noticed that it is not his shell but dirt that he is just passing through. The black dirt and his darkish green shell looked the same to me at a casual glance. Good eye!

That was really bugging me.

And your cookies are in the mail. I just sent them to Ontario, Canada, so I'm sure you'll be able to find them.

I wish SuperAce had answered my question, because then I could have just sent them to my house...

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if they'll go with actual costume costumes this time, over alternate palletes. The original Smash was just pallettes. Melee was a step-up, with refrences to blood falcon and gravity samus, the ice climber switch, Princess Daisy and of course Classic Mario colors. And who can forget the M/Wario color scheme. But would we see magic armor Link, or perhaps one of Marth's form from the original fire emblem?
I really hope so, that would be good.

Oh! You are so right! After looking at DK being stuck, I noticed that it is not his shell but dirt that he is just passing through. The black dirt and his darkish green shell looked the same to me at a casual glance. Good eye!

That was really bugging me.

And your cookies are in the mail. I just sent them to Ontario, Canada, so I'm sure you'll be able to find them.
It was bugging me for a while as well, until I looked at it hard enough.
Mmm...cookies....I hope they're chocolate chip! lol

PurpleStuff

Smash Apprentice
I totally agree about the costumes instead of just palettes, by the way. That way we could get rid of some clones like...well...Dr. Mario is the only one I can think of (sorry, Doc, I love you, but we just don't need you), but that would also open up cool possibilities akin to Daisy/Peach and Blood Falcon/Falcon. Hell, maybe they'll take it a step further and just have Falco as Fox's alternate costume sot that they can add Wolf or Krystal easier. Or maybe not, I'm not sure what I think about Falco yet.

But still. Good idea.

dan smith

Smash Champion
I never would have been the person to think that an AC character would or should be in Smash. I like AC...but I feel like it lacks a good main character with transferable moves to be put into Brawl.

Now I'm starting to think it could happen though. Resetti would be a weird gag character. Last night I played as G&W for the first time in forever, and it reminded me how weird he is...

This item could allude to a character addition, especially because of the AC logo in the top left corner of the update. If the Banana Peel is an MK item then why does it have the Smash Bros. logo? Will the MK stage also have the Smash Bros. Logo?

Actually, never mind, there won't be an AC character.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
That dirt does kinda look like DK smash where he would put them in the ground in Melee, but I am reallt not into this item, I hope tomorrow we'll see a new character revealed (Peach, Cap'n Falcon or Snake!!!)

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
I never would have been the person to think that an AC character would or should be in Smash. I like AC...but I feel like it lacks a good main character with transferable moves to be put into Brawl.

Now I'm starting to think it could happen though. Resetti would be a weird gag character. Last night I played as G&W for the first time in forever, and it reminded me how weird he is...

This item could allude to a character addition, especially because of the AC logo in the top left corner of the update. If the Banana Peel is an MK item then why does it have the Smash Bros. logo? Will the MK stage also have the Smash Bros. Logo?

Actually, never mind, there won't be an AC character.

because there is an AC stage as representation for the series. that's why it has the logo. as for the banana peel it is not from MK. the one form MK has eyes on it. there will not be an AC character and i can surely assume and say it with confidence.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
he'll come, don't worry. it's just he probably wants to show returning characters before he can get the newbies in
He does want to show returning characters before exposing new ones. He plans to post one new character a week each week AFTER Brawl's release, until they have all been discovered.

We may get Snake and MN soon, but they might stuck in the (To be posted after Brawl's release) Bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom