• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
How bizarre. o_0

Seriously, I hate all of you complainers. Would you cut it out already? boo hoo, I didn't like the update...It's the end of the world...Get over it. Be thankful he shows you anything at all. You all fail at life.
Wow, why do you have to be such a hater? First I see it on my thread and now here.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord

Fox is like 'OmgZors Im geting Konga DRummed!!'
worldjem7 said:
Wow, why do you have to be such a hater? First I see it on my thread and now here.
He's not a hater, he just knows how things are. I too am sick of people who whine like 'Boo hoo this update is so stupid why don't they update a new character?' You should be happy that we have a site which updates every working day with something new. You should be happy that we get news. Remember, Sakurai can't please you all the time. He updates what he want to update. And whatever you want to see updated might come too, but you'll never know. Therefor, stop freaking whining when you get a sucky update in your opinion: Tomorrow is another day.

MarsBitrona

Smash Apprentice
Best Final Smash yet.

I'm thrilled that they're drawing inspiration from other DK games outside of Donkey Kong Country. Especially since they're focusing on the best DK game ever, Jungle Beat. Well played.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
When I saw this update, I was like:

My baby don't mess around
Because she loves me so
And this I know for shooo..
(Clap Clap Clap)

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
Ya... no... this update was not worth waiting up for. Put some freaking covers on those greasy bongos man...

jb254

Smash Apprentice
This was a great update. I love DK's final smash, especially since it worked exactly like I said it would!

We also get some good information on final smashes in general. Invincibility, timely button presses to increase the power of the move (so final smashes don't let you just sit back and relax, you have to be involved in them).

I think that picture with the circle is misleading. I think that the picture is in the first stages of the move, and most likely grows to cover a larger part of the screen. Or, once you get trapped in that circle, no one can escape, except maybe if you mess up the rhythm.

Either way, great update! And the graphics are amazing.

Oh, and seriously, if you're going to complain about every update not being to your liking, instead of finding the good in them, then don't check the website for two weeks. Then come back and you'll have ten updates, and you should be able to find one to your liking and ignore all the other ones.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
ha, i knew something like this would be DK's Final Smash. and it works the same way in DK64. but yes it's cool that you can add to they rhythm of the move. maybe it adds more power to the move if you do that

WAAASSSUUUPP

Smash Apprentice
I'm late, but I was just wondering who that purple guy was from the "Our world" or whatever it was called update.

Del Money

Smash Champion
ahhh time for Del mother****ing (and sister****ing *winks at Weed*) Money to grace this thread...

so yeah the DK FS seems most like a combination of Bongo Blast and Strong Kong from DK64. anyone else think that?

Del Money

Smash Champion
yes. however, so far the Final Smashes seem to have the player as invincible, therefore i didn't think that
not samus or bowser for that matter, gigabowser can probably still die at like 400-500% lol. and plus how dumb would that be if mario was invincible EVEN being attacked from behind while doing his FS?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
when i see a final smash, i see a characters most powerful move, and with that power comes invincibility to pull it off. i mean giga bowser can't be hurt at all, i wouldn't expect mario to get hurt. Link looks invincible, Pika is invincible, etc.

Del Money

Smash Champion
when i see a final smash, i see a characters most powerful move, and with that power comes invincibility to pull it off. i mean giga bowser can't be hurt at all, i wouldn't expect mario to get hurt. Link looks invincible, Pika is invincible, etc.
ok well i see where your coming from and it makes perfect sense. i just feel that Sakurai wouldve specified invincibility with final smashes like he did with DK (although Pikachu's goes without saying) but i guess we'll see

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
still, even if some weren't invincible, would you stop the final? i mean if your other two competitors were caught in the Mario Finale, would you save them from the damage, or sit back and attack mario when he's done?

Del Money

Smash Champion
still, even if some weren't invincible, would you stop the final? i mean if your other two competitors were caught in the Mario Finale, would you save them from the damage, or sit back and attack mario when he's done?
yeah but thats why ithink mario can get jumped from behiind while attacking...its speculation but if Sakurai didnt say he untouchable then i think he might still be attacable

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
hey he didn't say anything about being attacked either. i mean the only final to say they CAN get attacked is giga and dk, but both stated they were invincible anyway. maybe you just can't get attacked?

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... some interesting thoughts...
I think that most FS are invincable most of the time.

Mario might be invincable right at the beginning, but then not...
Link probably is invincable the entire time.
We don't know much about Kirby's yet...
Pikachu has to be invincable the whole time, I mean, the whole point of his is, you touch, and you die.
Bowser is probably invicable...
Samus probably is invincable...
DK has already been confirmed to be invincable some of the time.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
DK's finale is pretty cool, and it pulls from DK64 as well as the DK bongos games. Also, did you see where he was sitting in the pictures? Sakurai mentioned 2 rethink using the move on scrolling levels, most likely because DK can't move when performing his finale. BUT, he was on the level Sky City/World or whatever. The point I'm trying to get across is the main platform must not crumble away like the others, since he is performing his final smash on it, and he can't go anywhere. So, if it were to crumble away, he'd fall off. Just mentioning this, what do you guys think?

Bowser's is transforming into Giga Bowser. I don't THINK he's invincible, but you never know.

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
^^^

Yeah, I noticed that too... but I just figured that not ALL attacks would destory the platforms and DK's FS would be one of them, because that would be kind of stupid to use a FS and die because you can't move... (except for scrolling levels, people that aren't stupid would use theirs on the edge the stage is scrolling towards...)

Del Money

Smash Champion
hey he didn't say anything about being attacked either.
this may sound like a 2-year old response but...he didnt say anything about NOT being attacked during final smashes either. i dunno though...the "What is a Final Smash?" section is as vague as they come...i think we'll have to play the game to figure those out for ourselves. as for the Strong Kong thing, i just re-read the site and realized that DK's invincibility IS NOT an after effect of the Bongo Beat...i mustve read it too quick in the morning...my bad
DK's finale is pretty cool, and it pulls from DK64 as well as the DK bongos games. Also, did you see where he was sitting in the pictures? Sakurai mentioned 2 rethink using the move on scrolling levels, most likely because DK can't move when performing his finale. BUT, he was on the level Sky City/World or whatever. The point I'm trying to get across is the main platform must not crumble away like the others, since he is performing his final smash on it, and he can't go anywhere. So, if it were to crumble away, he'd fall off. Just mentioning this, what do you guys think?
yet more mechanics-based details Sakurai need to fill us in on (actually we'll probably just have to find that one out for ourselves)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
DK actually looks like he's on the top platform, and i don't think Finals can crumble the plaforms. but you got to remember you can still stand on the clouds. only a thrustful downward attack can send you through, which in the case of this final, you don't have to worry about anyway

Del Money

Smash Champion
DK actually looks like he's on the top platform, and i don't think Finals can crumble the plaforms. but you got to remember you can still stand on the clouds. only a thrustful downward attack can send you through, which in the case of this final, you don't have to worry about anyway
colbusman = voice of reason
Del Money = potty-mouthed voice of paranoia (and maybe 60+ % reason)

Sandy

Smash Champion
Why would anyone stay up to watch the site get updated? All of you know most of the stuff he has been updating has been crap so far.. :/

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Poor, poor Donkey Kong. He used to be so awesome. Raiding contruction sites, throwing barrels all over the place. Then THE MAN made him put on a tie and start beatin' bongos.
well at least you can look forward to the part where he will be INVINCIBLE!!

What do you guys think Ness' final smash will be (from his game....?)
well maybe something with his PK power but don't know, and that's just saying he he even returns, which I could care less if he did, unless they bring him back as powerful as he was in SSB

OmegaXXII

well, I have no idea how it would be, you should ask, but I just hope tomorrow's update turns out to be either a new game mode, character, or new stage.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I really hope for an item, or a game mechanics. Maybe we'll learn more about them (and it would surely piss off a lot of people here:laugh:).

OmegaXXII

items are okay, biut most smash pro's like me aren't interested in items as much since they help out too much, so if we saw another item I would really wan't to check it out, unless it was an Assist Trophie update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom