• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I think Diddy is actually underrepresented if people believes he's 2nd, compared to Falco and snake. I can't think of nearly as many Diddys as I can Falcos on the spot.
this, so much. there are so few good diddy players compared to snake or falco and STILL he is the only character who has had two different players win a national, even meta knight can't claim that yet. ****, in my region there are more ranked snake players than there are people who play diddy period, much more falco's too. diddy as a character is over performing his userbase harder than anyone else I can think of off the top of my head. at this point he's been doing better than snake at the top level for some time and I think snake must have like, 2-3 times as many players that you could call above average

MKOwnage

Smash Journeyman
this, so much. there are so few good diddy players compared to snake or falco and STILL he is the only character who has had two different players win a national, even meta knight can't claim that yet. ****, in my region there are more ranked snake players than there are people who play diddy period, much more falco's too. diddy as a character is over performing his userbase harder than anyone else I can think of off the top of my head. at this point he's been doing better than snake at the top level for some time and I think snake must have like, 2-3 times as many players that you could call above average
Diddy may be underrepresented but he is still an amazing character.
It makes no sense why such a great character has such a little user base.

Browny

Smash Hater
Maybe coz the work rate diddy requires is so much more?

People can take having to get the enemy to 150+ every stock only so many times, sure he can do it very safely and thats what makes him amazing but he still requires a lot of effort in every sense to do well with :/

MKOwnage

Smash Journeyman

People can take having to get the enemy to 150+ every stock only so many times, sure he can do it very safely and thats what makes him amazing but he still requires a lot of effort in every sense to do well with :/
This is where bananas come in handy.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Except he really doesn't require as much as people seem to think. If people fail to learn the character it's probably because they focus too much on banana game and don't realize that Diddy's basic mechanics are really, really good [almost unfairly so, I'd like to add]. His spotdodge, shield, jab, grab, rolls, tilts and walk / dash are summa sumarum pretty much the most overpowered set of basic tools any character has in this game.

Mr.0, Nietono is the #1 Olimar in Japan because he has better accomplishments than Brood does by far. By now he has proven that countless times, by outplacing him as well as beatin players Brood loses to [Yui, Rain, Shu ... pretty much all the great players from the east of Japan].

:059:

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Except he really doesn't require as much as people seem to think. If people fail to learn the character it's probably because they focus too much on banana game and don't realize that Diddy's basic mechanics are really, really good [almost unfairly so, I'd like to add]. His spotdodge, shield, jab, grab, rolls, tilts and walk / dash are summa sumarum pretty much the most overpowered set of basic tools any character has in this game.

Mr.0, Nietono is the #1 Olimar in Japan because he has better accomplishments than Brood does by far. By now he has proven that countless times, by outplacing him as well as beatin players Brood loses to [Yui, Rain, Shu ... pretty much all the great players from the east of Japan].

This is probably the most informative you've been in a while. Diddy's basics are downright amazing. Like you could go off his basic moveset and win a few matches. Oh yeah, you forgot dash attack too.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
This is probably the most informative you've been in a while. Diddy's basics are downright amazing. Like you could go off his basic moveset and win a few matches. Oh yeah, you forgot dash attack too.
It's also the first time I actually tried in a while :awesome:

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Okay, my head hurts. Last night was CRAZY. Now that I can think clearly, Snake should be third, and Diddy should be second, Olimar and pikachu being fourth and fifth is REDICULOUS, ZSS and Sonic should definitely go up, but not to high tier,maybe, after Snake in third, the list should go like this:

Marth
Falco
Wario
Pikachu
Olimar
Ice Climbers
King D3

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I like Mr. 0 \
He may be uninformed at times, but he is questioning the status quo and making people prove the allegations that they make.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
@da K.I.D

Diddy's recovery is simply good. He has a huge recovery distance thanks to both his side-b and up-b, there's versatility in the fact that he can side-b before/after his 2nd jump, and up-bing to the ledge is a very safe strategy because if people try to edgehog, you have the options of simply flying onto the stage or charging it until their invincibility frames are gone and displacing them from below. Hell, on stages like SV and BF, a good Diddy under the threat of being edgeguarded can (if they still have their side-b) go under and grab the other edge.

Of course, Diddy's recovery has it's flaws. For one, he's very light so he dies quickly. It's also hard not to be predictable. So his recovery is good, not great. But a good Diddy does NOT get gimped and edgeguarded often (or maybe I've been watching too much ADHD).

His recovery is definitely NOT bad. Being a ZSS main and Diddy secondary, I failed to recover hundreds of times starting out. I know it's difficult at first, but I also know that with practice they're both able to recover pretty well.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Infinite, bringing up that you're a ZSS main over and over again doesn't mean anything.
Just throwing this out there.
Also, if she DOES go up it should only be like 1 or 2 spots. Any higher than that would be people being stupid and bad.

Pikachu should be top 5!
DDD should be mid-tier.
ICs should be low of high tier.

NOW TELL ME HOW WRONG I AM!

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
I agree with you! Pikachu sould be top 5! But why all the IC hate, one grab=death.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
@ NickRiddle

Pikachu being in top 5 is reasonable. QAC probably has a lot of yet unrealized potential.
I agree DDD should be in mid-tier.
Logically speaking, ICs SHOULD be first because they have an inescapable 0-death combo on every one else in the game, with the exception of themselves. Of course, this is in theory. In practice, nobody plays perfectly, so ICs being at the lower end of high tier is also reasonable.

I still think ZSS should be in top 10. Again I'm probably biased, in case I haven't mentioned I'm a ZSS main. XD
But I think Snake and Wario are overrated, and once people learn the IC matchup all 3 of them will be lower than they are now.

Just throwing this out there, I'm very inexperienced. I've never been to a tournament and (I know Wifi sucks but) I haven't played on Wifi either. So I'm willing to accept that these are affecting my views significantly. But until I'm provided a strong reason against them, my views will remain as they are. Also, I'm better than everyone I've ever faced (not many people, again no tournaments and no Wifi) which probably affects my views (especially toward ZSS) more. But this doesn't mean I know absolutely nothing about anything.

Btw I'm a ZSS main.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Infinite, bringing up that you're a ZSS main over and over again doesn't mean anything.
Just throwing this out there.
Also, if she DOES go up it should only be like 1 or 2 spots. Any higher than that would be people being stupid and bad.

Pikachu should be top 5!
DDD should be mid-tier.
ICs should be low of high tier.

NOW TELL ME HOW WRONG I AM!
You forgot to put Sonic in top 10

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
well if people were playing perfectly...they wouldnt be grabbed. lol
Good point. I guess if people were playing perfectly, nobody would get hit, nobody would miss, everyone would win, and everybody on the tier list would be tied. So playing perfectly doesn't make any sense, thus it was stupid for me to bring it up.

I guess a better way to put it would be:
Due to ICs' character design, the ICs have an instrinsic advantage over everyone else in the cast. But because players can't use this advantage to its full potential (because of human error), ICs don't deserve to be labelled as the best character.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
WEll, who knows, maybe someone will get good enough to one hit ko every grab.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Sonic... maybe not top ten, but I think he should move up.
Also, if ICs could punish everything on shield with a grab, they should be #1.
As it is, I'm biased because I can out-space ICs, and ZSS : ICs is pretty bad for ICs.
Still though, they're too linear to every be anywhere near the best character.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Of course, but I'm just sayin 'if someone got good enough to kill off of every grab. On a side note, hi Nick!

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Of course, but I'm just sayin 'if someone got good enough to kill off of every grab. On a side note, hi Nick!
You're also assuming they're always grabbing at times where Nana is close enough to buffer a throw (otherwise you can mash out), or you're at SoPo CG %s, and there are no stage hazards. IC's 0-death has too many variables for it to be done 100% of the time.

Also, hi.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
There's no Pikachu, Olimar or ZSS in that list! ANGRY FACE!!!!!:mad:

Also, @Nick: How can I be amazing?
Maybe Pikachu above Marth, but nobody will agree, since nobody else lives with ESAM. (At least on an American tier-list. EU Marth's have to come to Pound 5, or I have to get rich and play them!)
Olimar for top ten.
ZSS for... high tier?

Also, ask in my thread.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I think Olimar, Pikachu, Wario and ICs are better than Marth.

Surprise, surprise... :p

etecoon

Smash Hero
marth is like...completely average IMO. he's not bad but he doesn't have the abuseable traits that better characters like diddy or pikachu have either, your success with him is really entirely up to you where better characters can kind of bail you out sometimes

and all of those characters are better than marth IMO except maybe wario

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom