• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Recommended Rule Set 3.1

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Latias, Dejayman, staufenburg, BPC etc.

Cut the flaming/trolling or Imma just infract people all day :)

Latias

Smash Journeyman
can someone post who voted in these? or what the argument for having it / banning certain stages are?

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Normally when something stales it doesn't go as far. Is there some weird thing with how D3s works?
Yes, there is something weird - his Dthrow is actually composed of two hitboxes. I'm not entirely sure, but IIRC the first hitbox stales while the second one does not. The staleness of the first hitbox affects how far the second sends you, which is why a stale Dthrow will cause Luigi to fly too far away to be regrabbed.

Suffice it to say that his Dthrow staling is complicated, but it can affect chainthrows.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
you're stupid, go try and grab someone on the slope as DDD right now

HINT: It won't work unless your hurtbox intersects the middle of his hurtbox.
Internet threats are banned here, but can I have your number?

But you're right. DDD can't grab people.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
Yes, there is something weird - his Dthrow is actually composed of two hitboxes. I'm not entirely sure, but IIRC the first hitbox stales while the second one does not. The staleness of the first hitbox affects how far the second sends you, which is why a stale Dthrow will cause Luigi to fly too far away to be regrabbed.

Suffice it to say that his Dthrow staling is complicated, but it can affect chainthrows.
ok thanks I'll have to remember this

ADHD

Smash Hero
Guys, cut the ****. This thread doesn't need it. If you aren't willing to be even remotely intelligent (or at least act the part), then you're not wanted here.

Anyways, I just posted this write-up on AiB. A little crass for here, but **** it, those scrubs make me ****ing rage. AiB is a slime-filled ****hole, I don't know why I bother. Anyways, take the insults with a grain of salt because, as said, wrote it for AiB.
You started off insulting everyone.. lol..

Dude you need to ****ing go out and live life, man. Stop trying so hard.

B!squick

Smash Master
Whahhhhhhhhhh! I want my auto Klaw win back! T__T

Whatever, it's not like anyone even SEES Bowser at tournaments anyway.

However, I didn't like what a BBR member stated in another thread about how you can just jump out and win anyway. We of the Bowser Board are in the process of testing and thus far proving that to not always be case though admittedly I'm in it to serve some fresh foot to someones mouth.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Whahhhhhhhhhh! I want my auto Klaw win back! T__T

Whatever, it's not like anyone even SEES Bowser at tournaments anyway.

However, I didn't like what a BBR member stated in another thread about how you can just jump out and win anyway. We of the Bowser Board are in the process of testing and thus far proving that to not always be case though admittedly I'm in it to serve some fresh foot to someones mouth.
It wouldn't really matter if he lost every time he does it. We wouldn't give him the win anyway just to make him better.

Crow!

Smash Lord
I would like to emphasize that there is a reason the stages appeared in the way that they did in the 3.0 version of the ruleset. Of the stages in current Group 3, only the following were in the original Counter/Banned group:

3.0 Counter/Banned:
Pirate Ship
Yoshi's Island: Melee

The other stages in Group 3 received enough counter votes to avoid even being in the counter/banned category, and are solidly Counterpicks. That is, the following stages are still recommended for universal play, just not by as large a majority as those in Group 3 and lower.

Some 3.0 Counterpick stages:
Green Greens
Distant Planet
Luigi's Mansion
Port Town Aero Dive

For those looking at T-Block's post and wondering, "Wait, why is Port Town listed here whenever the vote total was majority for banning?" Without getting into enough detail to get myself into too much trouble, the simple answer is that the vote totals shown in T-Block's post are not the final results of the stage revision project.

Anyway, the message I'm trying to get across here is any TOs reading this should add a few more stages from our counterpick list to their tournaments. I understand adding all of them at once might be too much of a shock for players in regions used to using only out through, say, Group 1, but all these stages do have competitive merit and as many of them as possible be treated as such. By grouping them as we have, we hope to make this process easier by making it easier to identify which stages are the least controversial of the stages of the ones you haven't already included.

(Then, if the your new additions go over sufficiently well, try another few more!)

Even more important, though, is following the Starter stages' recommendations. These have a much more dramatic impact on the outcome of tournaments, and the common practice of "5 starter stages with FD among them" is not merely suboptimal like including so few counterpicks is, it's downright unfair. I'd personally move FD out to the 9+ starter set, but 7+ is where the BBR as a whole has placed it, and I will support that as well.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Crow, I don't think I ever told you, but from the BBR Character Discussions to how you've acted ever since 3.0 was released, you've grown to be one of my favorite BBroomer :)

On topic: I really hope people take the starter recommendations. Falco is mad hard, and FD in the first five give him, as well as many others, a large lead going into the match.

BSP

Smash Legend
Perfect planking is making the game unplayable isn't it? It should fall under stalling.

BSP

Smash Legend
It is unplayable. Nothing you can do can stop it. You can't continue the match. It's not literally unplayable, buy you can't continue the match , directly as a result of MK's actions.

BTW, is sonic's homing stall legal too then?
It's pretty much the same concept.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
You can spotdodge to make him fall to his death.

This is a very old argument you two are resurfacing. Seriously. Like, 15 40-post pages have already discussed this, and I don't think it's ever been entirely agreed upon. Probably won't be this time if you two continue it either, though discussion is what this thread is for I suppose.

BSP

Smash Legend
no, Sonic's going to hit the stage regardless of what you do. You can't do anything about except go down there and try to stop him, but good luck with that.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
It is unplayable. Nothing you can do can stop it. You can't continue the match. It's not literally unplayable, buy you can't continue the match , directly as a result of MK's actions.

BTW, is sonic's homing stall legal too then?
It's pretty much the same concept.
However impossible or impractical it is for you to try and stop MK from planking and succeed, you are still able to play out the match and make the attempt. It might as well be the same thing but technically speaking, the situation is not unplayable. There are countless other situations which fall into this category, but we certainly can't go and ban all of those, so why should we target MK's planking specifically?

I dunno if sonic's homing counts as "stalling" or "excellent positioning." I guess the latter....

Vocal's totally right though. I might as well dig those up and quote 'em.

ban MK

BSP

Smash Legend
No you can't...Sonic hits the bottom of the stage regardless of where you are. I'm doing it right now.

OK, we are probably going into old discussion, but if MK's planking is legal, Sonic's stall needs to be legal too.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
No, there's no point in quoting anything; you two have pretty much said everything that you'll find. Just imagine this said back and forth for 600 posts with a couple off topics in the middle and there you have it.

edit @ Brouser: Do you have someone spot dodging? If you do then he isn't isn't timing his spot dodge properly.

BSP

Smash Legend
No I don't, but I'm homing attacking a solid bottom with the opponent out of range, which is what the HA would register if the opponent spotdodged when Sonic is about to shoot. If he's already touching the bottom, he's just going to keep bouncing nowhere.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
No I don't, but I'm homing attacking a solid bottom with the opponent out of range, which is what the HA would register if the opponent spotdodged when Sonic is about to shoot. If he's already touching the bottom, he's just going to keep bouncing nowhere.
Are you two absolutely sure? If you are, I don't know where this spot dodge myth would have arisen from if it wasn't true. Get someone to spot dodge.

BSP

Smash Legend
Fine then, don't believe me. Let me go get some backup, but I'm telling you I know what I'm saying about this.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Fine then, don't believe me. Let me go get some backup, but I'm telling you I know what I'm saying about this.
I actually do invite you to go get back up; if this information is wrong then I think it needs to be known. However, I'm not willing to take it at face value; prove it wrong under the conditions that are alleged to make it fail and then we will know.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
If Sonic is touching the bottom of a stage during HA's start up, he will bounce off of the ceiling regardless of the opponent's actions. Always.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
If Sonic is touching the bottom of a stage during HA's start up, he will bounce off of the ceiling regardless of the opponent's actions. Always.
Why did people say you can just spot dodge it then :confused: I trust you to know, so I wonder where the myth originated. So he can stall with this?

Top Bottom