• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bass/Forte thread

Shark X

Smash Lord
I know it won't happen, considering Megaman would make it first, and only one character per 3rd party slot, but hey, 'everyone else was doing it'[/peer preasure].

I figured as long as we had an official Megaman thread, and now an official Protoman, that it would be before long we have a Bass/Forte thread. So I wanted first dibs. My first (and mostlikely only) official thread.

Bass/Forte, Megaman's rival, and best enemy. Also the only character to share a starring role with the original Megaman. We all know Bass kicks ***. And Trebel/Gospel would be there to kick it with him.

**** Bass/Forte pics are so hard to come by...

Black/Light

Smash Master
I dont think that Megaman (or ANY Capcom characters for that matter) are coming. . . But he looks cool. . . . .

Shark X

Smash Lord
Megaman does seem to be the second best choice, right after Sonic. Although would be nice to have Sonic in this addistion, and save Megaman for the big addition for SSB4. On the other hand, it took them 6 years to come out with SSB3...

camo-man

Smash Cadet
Yeah! Bass.exe all the way!

B button Movelist:

B - charge attack, from dual busters to earthbreaker.
Forward-B - Get ability program. A lunge and grab. If successful, steals an enemy ability.
Up B - Dark Uppercut. A fast upward attack that goes only a little horizontal. (Like Marth.)
Down B - Hell's Rolling. Shoots off a wheel of dark energy. Limited range, but if an opponent is caught, they are multi-hitted and trapped until the wheel fades away.

SUPER ATTACK: Dark Messiah. Gospel appears, Bass jumps on Gospel and then together they fire a huge beam.

Shark X

Smash Lord
I don't know jack about Bass.EXE except that he's an actual villain (not just a rival), and he has that awesome (yet ugly colored) cape. I really wouldn't mind either, but prefer classic Bass. Maybe Exe with ugly colored cape as a costume.

Also know that Classic is simply a pain in the ***, who needs serious anger managment, while EXE is (at least what I heard) cold, cruel, and downright evil.

Stryks

Smash Hero
If Megaman IS in brawl, it would be cool if he was there 2 so he can be an enemy like mario-bowser and link-ganondorf, still I very doubt it.
But we can all dream XD.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Some people say it is Bass as in bass guitar,but that is false,it is bass like the fish.When originally seeing the name Forte,they thought it was like the dynamic f,and put his sidekick as treble.However,before Gospel was released,they already knew it was pronounced like Bass the fish.To prove this,play Megaman 7 or Megaman X7(can't remember which),and he prounces Bass's name as in Bass the fish.However,now it is generally excepted with the prounciation of bass(base)...

ANYWAY....He rocks my socks off.I got literally everything on Megaman Batlle Network 1,2 and 3,than 4 just started the streak of $#!t on the sidewalk of Megaman pride,and Bass was always my favorite villain/battlechip.I was sorely dissapointed when no Bass Soul appeared in number 4.But he would rock,but do not keep your hopes up.

Marth_n_Mirth

Smash Rookie
I think the only Megaman related character who's entering would be Megaman himself or Zero from the new gameboy series due to the fact that it may make sales improve for there gameboy cartridge sales. I also think it'd be a little interesting to add only Zero, and the Megaman Legends (aka Megaman 64) "blueboy" on there. ...I still find it unsettling to find random third party characters on the new game. It kind of killed the game's uniqueness for me.

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
Falco&Victory said:
Some people say it is Bass as in bass guitar,but that is false,it is bass like the fish.When originally seeing the name Forte,they thought it was like the dynamic f,and put his sidekick as treble.However,before Gospel was released,they already knew it was pronounced like Bass the fish.To prove this,play Megaman 7 or Megaman X7(can't remember which),and he prounces Bass's name as in Bass the fish.However,now it is generally excepted with the prounciation of bass(base)...
"Bass' name originates from Bass (most of the main robots in the series are named after musical terms), and Treble's name originates from Treble. His Japanese name, Forte, also has musical origins, which in notation indicates a high volume (suitable for Bass), as does his wolfbot's Japanese name, Gospel."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bass_(Mega_Man)

and bam, sorry to make you look like a fool.

Shark X

Smash Lord
Zodiak-Lucien is right. There have been some translation mistakes from what I've read. I think in the Megaman EXE anime, they said his name like the fish or something (don't have WB, so never seen the anime).

EDIT: Megaman & Bass had a Japan only sequal? ****, thats not fair. Thats one Bass game I'll never be able to play...

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Uh,it was not intended as in the note,someone saw it and took the wrong asumption.I'll look for a link.
Anyway,I am not sure what Megaman game it was,but I clearly remember hearung the name pronounced as in Bass the fish.Gramatical,it was,but it was never intended as the note.

Seaching for this source of info.No flaming for a while,still searchin.

Shark X

Smash Lord
Actually I did hear it pronounced the same way on the game, so I believe it was Megaman 8. But it was wrong according to what I read. Mistranslation. Sort of like the, Robotnik/Eggman, Earth/Mobius, Birdo/Gay-Birdo thing.

CyrillicShadow

Smash Rookie
Bass is the greatest character ever. He's been a favorite of mine in the megaman series for a long time, ever since i first saw him in Megaman 8, then bought Rockman and Forte (JP only), then its release onto american shores (Megaman and Bass), then in Megaman BNet. but...yea. im a really big megaman fan, going all the way back to megaman 1 for NES, so any megaman character in SSBB would be glorious..

yes, i said it. GLORIOUS!

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
Uh,it was not intended as in the note,someone saw it and took the wrong asumption.I'll look for a link.
Anyway,I am not sure what Megaman game it was,but I clearly remember hearung the name pronounced as in Bass the fish.Gramatical,it was,but it was never intended as the note.

Seaching for this source of info.No flaming for a while,still searchin.
MegaMan 8 trust me they had voice acting :D

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Just as long as it's Bass EXE. Here's a couple of pics:
Yeah, the classic Bass just doesn't have what it takes to get in Brawl. Now Bass EXE is number 1 on my list for third party characters.

Stryks

Smash Hero
NO .exe thats megaman worse series to date, and dont give "it has an anime" crap, explain his latest game having 6.5 score XD... Im sorry I just hate the .exe games...
Returnin to bass, if a capcom has the honor of gettin one character from all of their franchise to be in brawl, it has to be megaman, and u cant add a character from the megaman series that AINT megaman, ive discussed a lot of the .exe thign, and here I go, the .exe megaman doesnt deserve to be in brawl, the leatest games suck, and it seems it series has ended, now if u say the zero series, its goo but doesnt deserve the shot, the classic megaman deserves to be in brawl, cause 1) without him there wouldnt be any othe rmegaman, 2) he debuted on the NES and was one of the main series in that era, 3) he need to come back...
I hate how theyre makin a new series every year or 2, what happend to classic?! the guy deserves to comeback, besides sakurai stated that he prefers retro characters, of all the megamans out there, classic is the most retro... and Bass, as much as I love to see bass in, doubt it, one cause there should only be one character per company, if we put megaman and bass, it would look weird snake being alone, many will complain of why snake didnt had an enemy/partner from his games, and many more will complain of why no sonic being in smash, so unless sakurai put 2 characters per 3 party franchise, I gotta say sorry bass, classic megaman FTW!...

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Bump!!!

When Megaman becomes confirmed, and since Grey Fox is an assist trophy, well then Bass sure as hell can be an assist trophy for Megaman. That'd be beyond sweetness!!

Just thought I should point that out.

Cold Beans

Smash Apprentice
hey youall! i supports the bass in brawls thread! what youall done been talkin bout!

Top Bottom