• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Ask Dark.Pch about Peach in Brawl *Day 4* New vids up

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Good stuff Dark.Pch. I wanted to see how you fit in the brawl world with Peach since your really great in melee. You did pretty darn good for your first time playing the game.

Was it hard playing with her and winning? Cause some vids you were doing well then lost at the end in some fights. Also was it hard to use your tricks in melee with Brawl Peach? I noticed some of your signature moves in some videos. and one vid where you mindgame some grabs. I was like "wow, this guy is just going melee Peach in a whole different game xD"

But good stuff. Clearly the best Brawl Peach player out right now on the net IMO. Cant wait to see more of your Peach. Really entertaining to watch:)
Thank You.

Yes It was kinda hard for me. At the start I was doing well then got a lil nervous cause I kept on messing up.

I was able to do some of my signature moves, yes. But it was hard. and with my grabs not so easy to pull off. Cause the timinng is different. Like I would (In melee) Dash dance then grab or dash dance, then wave dash backwards to a grab or reverse wavedash foward to a grab, or wave dash back in forth to a Foward wave dash then to a reverse grab. I many other combos with the wavedashing, dash danceing to grabs, but I be here all day explaining. but those are just a few random grab tricks I do.

I'm going now to play brawl at a friends house. lil smash fest so I'll get more videos of playing with people to show you all. so any questions you guys have, leave them while I'm gon and tonight when I get home i'll answer them. And the questions you guys left that I could not answer I will check up on it while I play and find out for you:)

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
No, I'm talking about Peach's FS. I play against Jiggs enough to know what you said works, even if it's not recommended at lower percents (turnip throw, Float, dair nair is better in that case. More damage, overall).

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Dark Pch. After playing the game for a few hours do u think u have found any good (maybe Quick Killing) combos yet?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Dark Pch. After playing the game for a few hours do u think u have found any good (maybe Quick Killing) combos yet?
combos I found a few but for finishing your enemy, wont really do the jump. if you can combo into the Up-B that be the only way to kill cause the Up-B kills now. But here are some of what I came up with:

Dthrow> Jump>Back air (Dont Float to Back air, just jump and do it)

Dthrow> reverse up-B

Dtilt> Up air

Dtilt> Up air>Up-B

Dtilt> Nair

Dtilt> Fair

Dair (drop, dont float) and follow up with anything else you can faster. Point of dropping is so the fourth hit does not connect and they wont get sent flying. so they stay in your rang and you can do something after.

Dair>Nair (low-mid %)

Up air> Up-B

Jab to Grab

Jab to down smash

Dask attack to an air attack or up-B

Jab> Nair

Jab>Dtilt

if they sheild:

Dair>Dsmash

Dair>grab

Dair>jab

Dair> Ftilt

now after the Dair to Jab you can add on to anything else you please. a Grab, air attack, etc.

You can keep doing the down air on the sheild since the last hitt has the most power. But if you do it and wann keep your enemy in range to follow up with something, you have to fall before the 4th kick lands when you hit with the move.

The combo list you need to know the timing of the moves so you can attack after fast. so spacing is key. Most of the combos requires spacing if you wanna hit with them. Thats all I know for now. And also notice that it depends on % and how the Person DI's as well

Is there any combos involving the down-tilt? That was the one move I never came up with a combo with.
Look at my combo list, i stated some combos with it

so did you use her final smash yet?
P.S did you remove your videos?
Yes, and I explained a way to use it.

Thats not my account. My friend took them off for a silly reason, so I have no vids of my Peach up now. But I'll be going to a smash fest 2morrow and i'll record and put the matches under my account. so sorry for what happen with the videos. Not my fault. he took them off the net. but I'll get a batch of vidoes to replace the ones he took off 2morrow, so gonna have to wait. once again sorry on his behalf.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I will, I'll have a truck load. XD

Also first page udated on my view of using Peach for the second time in brawl for a day

icy_icicle

Smash Journeyman
It seems weird to have pre-established "combos" in a SSB series...and most of these are intuitive in the first place, no?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
It seems weird to have pre-established "combos" in a SSB series...and most of these are intuitive in the first place, no?
Yea. Since the feel of the game changed its not easy to link combos. It takes timing. and knowing your characters moves as in when there wontbe any lag do follo up with another attack and do a combo. But my list of combos, I pulled every one of them off. so it can be done. But like I said. It all some matter on DI, % and know when to input the next attack.

ummm......is it hard to make combos?
Well I'm a creative type of player. and my play style is wierd. so for me, its not hard. Landing them in this game is anther story. its Hard to land combos

More added on day 2 about what I discovered about Peach. These are stuff that seems only Peach can do and can be used as mindgames and such and make her faster. Good techs to be used well.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Dtilt > Nair... that's perfect. I don't know why I didn't think of it.

About making combos... I usually am able to create them during the fight, depending on the situation. Then the better ones become part of my strategy. Usually it's difficult to land combos, and a lot of fights become dodge/grab fests, with me constantly attempting Bairs to the face when they're off-guard (or down-tilts on the ground). Up-Tilt or Side-Tilt being my usual combo starters.

On platform levels, I usually try up-smashes, Nairs, or Fairs. As a finisher, I always use Fair, Uair, or the classic turnip finisher.

And, when things become hectic, I always use standard A, Smash A, or Down Smash to get out of sticky situations, or Dair when I'm in the air, it works wonders.

When I feel overwhelmed, I usually try to surprise them with Toad or Peach Bomber.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I have a question...
Did the nerfing of her second jump affect you in any ways?
Felt wierd at first cause now I have to think ahead when I return back to the stage and start floating. But I'm getting the hand of it lil by lil. Not much of a problem for me anymore.

ok what is her stage?
http://brawlcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=6211&p=112735#p112735
in brawlcentral event 28
its the only event were you play as Peach if you finish it you unlock a stage
it's Elektroplankton i wonder if it's her stage?
anyway please cheak it for me i really want to know what's her stage
I cant answer this question cause I dont know. I dont own the game. I go to peoples houses to play.

Dtilt > Nair... that's perfect. I don't know why I didn't think of it.

About making combos... I usually am able to create them during the fight, depending on the situation. Then the better ones become part of my strategy. Usually it's difficult to land combos, and a lot of fights become dodge/grab fests, with me constantly attempting Bairs to the face when they're off-guard (or down-tilts on the ground). Up-Tilt or Side-Tilt being my usual combo starters.

On platform levels, I usually try up-smashes, Nairs, or Fairs. As a finisher, I always use Fair, Uair, or the classic turnip finisher.

And, when things become hectic, I always use standard A, Smash A, or Down Smash to get out of sticky situations, or Dair when I'm in the air, it works wonders.

When I feel overwhelmed, I usually try to surprise them with Toad or Peach Bomber.
Thats how I am. But to keep people off track, I make up my own style with Peach.

Thread updated with day three of me using Peach

PRINCESS PEACH777

Smash Lord
so she is hard to master intresting.......
is peach giving you a hard time?
the exp from melee will it help me in brawl?or she is just diffrent from melee?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I say cause I'm a great Peach player in melle that I am able to play with her really well and pick her up fast in brawl.

Killing with Peach is killing me a hard time. And being creative and random with my ******** mindgames like I have with Melee Peach. Since this game has a different feel, everything depends on timing and spacing. If it were not for me playing well with melee Peach I think I would not even be able to use her at this point.

And Yes Melle and Brawl Peach feel different. Brawl Peach is harder to use. If you thouht melee Peach was something, you aint see nothing yet.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yea she is. today I was really getting kills with her Upsmash and Back air. Then every now and then her Nair and Fair

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
I will try Peach and try to play as her, but I can't guarantee I'll stay a Peach main after all of this. I want to main Peach, but I just don't think she'll be my most suited character anymore.

PP777, It's 02/10/08, and I'm looking for her, but I can't find her... :(

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I saw and he is right. I felt the same way he did. but I'm still using her. its all really just saying what I stated. She is hard to use now and hard to kill with. but because of that I am not quiting Peach. I'm a hardcore Peach player. Just like I stuck with her in melle, same goes for brawl now matter how hard or bad she is.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
I saw and he is right. I felt the same way he did. but I'm still using her. its all really just saying what I stated. She is hard to use now and hard to kill with. but because of that I am not quiting Peach. I'm a hardcore Peach player. Just like I stuck with her in melle, same goes for brawl now matter how hard or bad she is.
I've been a Peach main for 3 years. Giving her up is not going to be something I'll do like nothing. It's a gonna take a lot to take me away from Peach.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Oh I recorded matches. And this time they will be under my account. I'll get them up after I am doing playing brawl with friends at thier house. Today I only got like 5. But I play to get more. so I wont upload anything today. when I get home I'll drop some on the tube.

I am off to bed. So leave anymore questions that you have and i'll get back to it in the morning.

icy_icicle

Smash Journeyman
I say cause I'm a great Peach player in melle that I am able to play with her really well and pick her up fast in brawl.
You just don't say things like this....it makes people hate you.

To the rest of you: You need not be discouraged by my post. I feel that her play style, which was awkward but great before, is just awkward now, although that is merely my opinion, and probably won't apply to most of you. A few more reasons I lost interest:

Her throwing range with turnips is really...smaller now, horizontally anyway. That was disappointing.

Her DSmash is still fine, just less damage. Pikachu's is like Peach's old one, with double the hitstun :p (this isn't really that great of a reason)

I can't stand her second jump. It's ridiculous. You can't get anywhere.

The super tall parasol that takes forever to land is...so ridiculously slow, with few hits, albeit few hits that can kill.

And then there is that disembodied weirdness that I simply cannot put into words. My other Smash characters didn't feel too different and were still playable, but something with Peach just fell to pieces.

You'll probably see what I mean if you try the game. Or not. Either is fine.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Dark.Pch: LOL!!!!

Stop acting so full of yourself. You aren't great by any means.

You are half-way decent at best.

And you are confusing the **** outta people. Stop saying FC as in Float cancel.

Use a new term like FA for Float aerial so people know she no longer can cancel her lag by floating.

I swear, all I ever see in the peach forums is a bagillion threads by you about some bull**** and now you have come to the brawl boards. I wonder how long it will take you to make one of your patented emo threads, once brawl comes out and then no one will need this thread anymore.

Seriously, you are an attention ***** who jumped on a golden opportunity to be of some use to the Peach community, since one of your crewmates has the game. Nothing more.

Don't say dumb ****, like how good you are or w/e. Be humble and hand out info with grace.

PRINCESS PEACH777

Smash Lord
I will try Peach and try to play as her, but I can't guarantee I'll stay a Peach main after all of this. I want to main Peach, but I just don't think she'll be my most suited character anymore.

PP777, It's 02/10/08, and I'm looking for her, but I can't find her... :(
sigh me too just some videos .....well one more month

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
Giving up on Peach isn't an option for me, I'll find a way to make her moveset work for me if I'm not too comfy with it at first...

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You just don't say things like this....it makes people hate you.
Dark.Pch: LOL!!!!

Stop acting so full of yourself. You aren't great by any means.

You are half-way decent at best.

And you are confusing the **** outta people. Stop saying FC as in Float cancel.

Use a new term like FA for Float aerial so people know she no longer can cancel her lag by floating.

I swear, all I ever see in the peach forums is a bagillion threads by you about some bull**** and now you have come to the brawl boards. I wonder how long it will take you to make one of your patented emo threads, once brawl comes out and then no one will need this thread anymore.

Seriously, you are an attention ***** who jumped on a golden opportunity to be of some use to the Peach community, since one of your crewmates has the game. Nothing more.

Don't say dumb ****, like how good you are or w/e. Be humble and hand out info with grace.
Wow......I really did not think I get all of this.

You wanna know why I said I was a great Peach player, cause I hear that from people in person and on the boards. And people tend to get at me like you 2.....just for not having confidence and not agreeing with them.

Let me tell you the truth about me ok? I dont go as far as I want in tournament. but at the same time I dont do to bad. But I'm hard on my self, I cant consider my self good for that matter. I want to score higher before anyone can see me as a good player. Yet people see me *** a really good one, etc. and people get on me all the time cause I dont see myself like that and they do and want me to say I'm good and such . and I say no I dont want to. And I never hear the end of it.

But now when I decided to go along with it, its a freaking problem. I decided to do what people ask and I get disrespected? That is not even cool at all. I did not deserve this at all. And look at the other video thread in this area when Hikarui said I was one of the best Peach players out on the net right now for brawl. and also look at what I said to niko K after that post.

And me being emo or w/e, that crap died a while ago, I'm now giving advice in both melee and brawl. even cort saw my thread and thought I was doing a great job. And everyone kept saying I was great, good, etc. But I said nothing upon it....and people get mad. Thats not fair. the same disrespect I got from you is what I get when I am humble and such. its a lose/lose situation for me.

So there you have it ok, and now I am not gonna agree with what people say, i'm gonna stay quite cause when I do and dont I still get this. What the hell am I suppose to do, what the hell you want from me?

Well now I'm done with it, I'm tired of doing what people ask frm me and I still get disrespected. For trying to be a good, nice person who only cares about helping people. I am not good say a word anymore. You think I am great? I wont say anything upon it, and if people wanna get mad about "dude don't think of yourself like that, have confidence, lighten up, yadda yadda, I wont say anyting on the subject, I'll just say "lets move on or something"

Now enough about making me feel bad and like a evil person andgo back to the topic of this thread

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
Yeah it doesn't take Peach ANYWHERE NEAR as high as it did in Melee... now it's like she just does one jump into a float instead of a double jump. =/

Top Bottom