• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Apex 2010 Full Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Yo Diagnose Diakanos. Much love man. And next time we gotta play without you sandbagging haha. I must improve alot so maybe next tourney I will give you a real challenge.

exactly how tall are you? lol
He seemed taller than 6'5". Much taller. I am 6'3" and Taj is 6'5" and NikeNick stood over us by a good amount. I'd say he's at least 6'8".

Also much props to NikeNick for putting his shout outs in alphabetical order =D And your card tricks were really good. I enjoyed seeing someone else with passion for card magic at the tournament.

Well fortunately, I know I don't have it.

(pics)
LOL @ how emo I look in those pictures

and yeah my phone number is really at the bottom
Hahahahaha awesome.

Nikenick

Smash Journeyman
No I'm not taller, I'll tell you my secret ;D

1. I always stand and walk straight up, this makes me seem taller. But I don't do it to make myself seem taller, it's better for your back. I used to have a lot of back aches and now I barely have them.

2. I wear Nikes that have big soles. I have size 12 and 'weird' shaped feet so the only shoes I can wear are nikes or really really really really ugly shoes that I'll never wear. So I'd rather wear those nikes that always fit me perfectly, even if that'd mean that I'm an inch taller ;D

Lobos

Smash Master
TKO you have no idea what you're talking about...........most gamers smell and sweat alot LOL..........you haven't been around long enough to know that plank had a deodorant rule for pound 2 LMAO

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Alright I'mma do these shoutouts now or I'll never get to 'em.

The first and most important shoutout:

AlexStrife: Thanks so much for this tourney. It was seriously the best experience of my life. I was so nervous traveling out-of-country to play for the first time and knew I was just gonna get ***** but I still had more fun here than I have had anywhere/anytime else (and I've been to Disney World twice as a kid XD). Utmost respect to you.

Brawl Pools:

Suinoko: Too good, expected you to go so much farther but you still did great. No one before you has ever 3-stocked me on Brinstar, not even Ally.

TeeVee: For some reason I like can't even remember our games, guess I got ***** too hard. You were cool though and good **** keeping our pool running smoothly. I think we were one of the first pools finished.

Trent: Definitely the best Sonic I've played; I've never minded fighting Sonic but you made me hate it lol it was impossible to grab you even with one of the best pivot-grabs in the game. I loved the experience though. GGs.

Mister E: Raaaaaped me in Pika dittos, but then I threw that Ness curveball XD. Sorry we never got to play more friendlies =(. Thanks for the Pika advice though.

Melee Pools:

VaNz: Nice to finally meet you in person. Sorry I couldn't put up a better fight but you are so **** at this game =)

Magus: It's awesome to have someone so knowledgeable about the game be one of the nicest people I've ever met. Thanks for the copious amounts of friendlies after ****** me in pools too, I'm always afraid that I bore the people who are actually good at this game when I play them =(. You were very, very cool though, GG's.

Summonedfist: Wtf @ 2 GTA players in the same pool lolol. Ah well I don't think I'd even played you before this event and sorry for not recognizing you at first ><. Very good **** beating Magus too!

Brawl+:

g-reg: Naaaaasty Lucas. You make me want to play Lucas and anyone who knows me knows I would sooner stab my eyes with cactus needles. You were really chill too, sorry I never played you in Melee, I really wanted to =(

Chibo: wtf was I thinking going ZSS lol, ah well you got me fair and square. GG's for sure, I'll be ready next time XD

Everyone else:

Brawl side:

Mister Eric: da bess. Thanks for all the ROB practice man, I really needed that. Your Diddy is really good for how fresh it is too.

San: I didn't get to meet you but I wanted to MM you so bad >< even got dm to call it out on the mic lol but you were already gone =(. Promise me we MM or friendly next time lol, as dm would say "Ness vs Ike low tier awful match".

Swordgard: I wanted you to do well and you did; I know you wanted to go farther but anyone who sees the results knows you are **** good. 2-0 on Gnes get at this guy.

TO Joe: lol I'm such an *** for jumping in on that picture with the Japanese; I just wanted to be in at least one picture with them XD. Really amazing beating all those people in MM's though, show them what GTA is all about. And don't feel bad about pools, we all know how stacked those were just as we all know how amazing you are.

RAIN: I enjoyed every second of receiving the **** in our MM. Very unique and amazing Falco, and you showed us all some new tricks (Wolf boards might be sad soon though lol).

Allied: Awesome doubles friendlies, we played so much XD. Possibly the most fun I had the whole weekend though. You mad good.

Punishment Divine/PD: ^ Same thing; so much fun in doubles friendlies, we didn't talk a whole lot though =(

dmbrandon: SUPERKNIGHT!!! I wanted to experience the superknight so bad, and I did, and it was ****! Thanks for everything - for an awesome job running the tourney, for helping players find players to friendly/MM, for the awesome MM we had, and yeah for everything. You were a bit loud on the mic sometimes but **** it, loud gets **** done.
"Everyone's got a pocket Meta Knight" "Yeah, don't you have one of those?" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
also
"I didn't know you could do that" :laugh:

Inui: Yeah I'll admit I've always been one of your haters on the boards but you're pretty chill in person. GJ taking out Swordgard too, as much as I wanted Yannick to win, that's no easy task.

Atomsk: Didn't really talk except for a few passing words but you're one of my favourite Smashers and that was so lame hearing you got your **** stolen =(. Hope it works out for you somehow.

Orion: Nice meeting and chatting, have fun out of country =)

Praxis: Really chill dude. Man we gotta find out who's Wii that was on the projector to get all of those RAIN MM's. I'm really regretting not just swapping my SD card in now to record them ><.

Brood: You gave us all the most amazing Brawl set most of us have ever seen, thanks so much for such an epic ending to such an epic weekend.

Ally: Get to that trainin >< I hate seeing you not in 1st =(

Melee side:

Vudujin: holy **** luigi batman! I just had no idea what to do against you lol. Sick Roy too, thanks for the games!

Emmy: Craaazy Zelda, thanks for all the friendlies we played, we must have played for like 2 hours lol

PC Chris & Mofo: ***** my crew in doubles friendlies lol, sorry I never got around to playing either of you =(. You both seemed really cool though and PC you're awesome for signing Zen's controller XD. You both made me want to play Ness in Melee...stop doing this to me when I finally play a decent character >< lol.

RaynEX & unknown522: Money at a national!!! Canada too good =). I'm sure I'll see you both again soon so for now I'll just say you both did amazing.

I.B.: Same for you! So good... you have probably the smoothest Marth I've ever seen; looks like he's ice-skating.

Project M guys:
First of all I wanna say GG's to everyone I played and omg this game is amazing. I mentioned this in the Canada boards but I'll say it again - this game has the potential to be the best Smash game with a little more work. If there's anything I can do to help this game release sooner, please let me know =) (I'm not very experienced with hacking/coding though lol).

Sorry for anyone I forgot (there's no way I could possibly remember everyone but I still feel really bad if I forgot anyone).

Amazing weekend!!! Can't wait for Apex 2011.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Shoutouts take too long being in both communities

I love you all?

I miss you very much.

Especially Doom.

DK SmAsH

Smash Journeyman
Edit : We def have a lack of marth's/sheiks atm tho.
agreed.

lol if I play melee again I would def bring back my link and use mewtwo as a secondary.. or vise versa
Letz Goez...

It sucks getting boo'ed by a large crowd of people, but then I know you're all just rooting for folks from your region or your favorite players or whatever reason. It's all part of the hype; I got a lot of positive feedback even from people who shouted against me, so I know you didn't (completely) mean it ;) I can't wait for the next large one I'm able to go to. If infinites are banned, I'll just have to show you guys my OTHER tricks, and we'll see how that goes ^_^

Peace all.
Way to be mature and intelligent, you are one jolly and positive person...and i agree with John. Good ****z.

Couldn't Agree more.

I miss you and Chair already! You guys were so awesome. I'm glad you guys had fun and I hope to somehow see you guys again =)
I want to see/play your DK!! I am a DK main toooo XD
Same goez to Cable...

Yup, You only have 2 chances in a tournament. Kill or be killed. If you **** up, then try not to get so pissed over it, instead try to find what you could of done better and learn from your mistakes. However when you fight in tournament, try to focus on your opponent. I have heard many times that some people have some trouble with their technical skills or their own mindgames. Don't worry about all that.. worry about who's in front of you and try to do everything you can to destroy him. Doing that will allow you to unlock the purpose of every move that you throw out. Like wavedashing at the right moment to better position yourself, into a backjump fair well spaced for example... eventually everything like that will have a purpose. I believe this is the level to be a high level player. Being a Top level player I think would be to stay consistent no matter what.
I think Kage is descended from Ancient Warrior Vikingz...purely bad-azz stranded in Canada Vikingz...

Kage have my babies.

Better yet, join the Project M team :D
i want like 10,000 of his babies...

Whats is your smash inflation because mine is usually plus 1.5 to 2 points

OH...I GOT IT

QUESTION OF THE DAY:​
What is your smash inflation point addition?​

starlights still cute with out smash inflation tho

and deven and sherise dont play smash so they are excluded from that...lol
lol that is so true!!! of course that is generally the case when someone of the sex you are generally attracted to is into something you are generally into...basically and stuff... ...things.

Do I sense the G-reg troll? XD

zhu, smashmac, chinesah, mango, alu, g$, yedi, stab, and whoever else I played friendlies with. I think I'm missing a few more people but the day 3 stream was so **** I can't remember everything lol
lol that was me only with Chinesah's ID! lol 0=oP

Well fortunately, I know I don't have it.

LOL @ how emo I look in those pictures

and yeah my phone number is really at the bottom
LMFAO!! that is such a grand idea...XD

TKO you have no idea what you're talking about...........most gamers smell and sweat alot LOL..........you haven't been around long enough to know that plank had a deodorant rule for pound 2 LMAO
Haha I remember that rule! XD yeah both rooms smelled like dirty gyms...

lol homie thinks melee side isn't crooks cuz yall n*ggas haven't stolen from each other yet? it doesnt make one particular side or another more likey to steal

Look towards the PEOPLE first not what game they play homie lmfao

ur prolly just looking for an excuse to flame brawl LOL
From a logical standpoint, Brawl is newer and has more and newer players. Considering Melee is older and has less players and has more of a dedicated fan-base, it tends to be less confrontational and more friendly because chances are most of the people know each other one way or another, instead of randoms coming to a brand new game...thus the more thefts on brawl, and less thefts in melee...not flaming either game, just stating statistical unbiased probability. I <3 Melee and Brawl.

OH **** I FORGOT

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!!!!!!!!!! shoutout to DK Smash! Givin' *****s the murt murt all day!
i <3 Doom and i your sig made me almost fall out of my chair XDDD

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Project M guys:
First of all I wanna say GG's to everyone I played and omg this game is amazing. I mentioned this in the Canada boards but I'll say it again - this game has the potential to be the best Smash game with a little more work. If there's anything I can do to help this game release sooner, please let me know =) (I'm not very experienced with hacking/coding though lol).
Thanks man. I love getting new people to play and seeing their reactions, because they're almost always overwhelmingly positive.

I'm afraid the PMBR is pretty full at the moment. We're chugging along really quickly though. Just since Apex we already got:
-Z now triggers aerials instead of air dodge
-Removed rare occasional air dodge bug
-Jab reset code greatly improved, now supports options such as thunders combo since we got that action figured out
-CCing code additionally improved to feel more natural
So we're doing pretty well at the moment. The only additions we'd really consider are people with legit Brawl hacking skills and big-name Melee (and sometimes Brawl) pros. But hopefully it won't be too awfully long before a public beta is released :)

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Thats not biased at all...I am a brawler...I like both communities...one community (Melee) is generally more cleanly then the other (Brawl)

you ever been to a viridian city?...The manager sprays febreze hardbody like every 30 minutes...brawl tournament...

not saying there isnt any stinky melee players but there is significantly less of them
In North Carolina we smell fresh all the time.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
thanks everyone for my shoutouts. yea diakonos I had no idea I was playing you at first haha. I just happened to stroll over there for my usual "play friendlies with raynex session" that I do at every major. glad I ran into ya, we had a good rotation going.

and thanks banks.(haha im rhyming ****)

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
<3 Darc, <3 Twins, <3 DK Smash

Dustin, I'll try to make it to DNA for you honeycakes

Twins, I'll try to convince my dad into having another family get-together down there so I can come down

DK...stay awesome and come up to NJ

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I forgot to say I dedicate this tournament to two important people

- Crismas <3

- Hax$

I love you both and this was for both of you .

xxpatgxx

Smash Journeyman
Hey Alex Strife can you fix the character usage thing. There's an error on my name saying I went mk and Rob, and that's meant for Holy. I used ZSS.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
strife, try to give us a warning at least of what month apex 2011 is going to be. i have to pay for like 3 semesters of college next year so i have to do some gangster planning to be able to afford it

DK SmAsH

Smash Journeyman
<3 Darc, <3 Twins, <3 DK Smash

Dustin, I'll try to make it to DNA for you honeycakes

Twins, I'll try to convince my dad into having another family get-together down there so I can come down

DK...stay awesome and come up to NJ
I'll be up there within a month or two bromance

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Shoutouts to everyone I played. Was really great meeting the whole lot of you and it proves that the Smash community isn't dead, instead its growing.

Rant Time:

Brawl Kids (people in general) need to learn to keep track of their ****, and not be ****ing grimy. Guaranteed half of the **** stolen was by Brawlers. A RIDICULES AMOUNT OF STUFF WAS STOLEN AT THIS INCLUDING MY FRIEND ANIMAL'S WALLET, Take ****ing cash but don't steal the entire wallet if you're gonna be a piece of ****. It's pretty sad when I have to leave my setup in my car on the final day because I feel like it's gonna get stolen. In Fact, somebody stole my version 1 and swapped it with another disc (although that's not that big of a deal)

Also, if you have a microphone. It makes you louder, stop YELLING into the mic.

Price you pay for having faith in the generosity of people, this kinda of **** would never happen at a Melee only tournament. Just sayin'
Alright. I normally wouldn't respond to stupid bashing between the Melee and Brawl community, but the TV I lost. Yes, a ****ing TV, was the one of the four I brought. I put two in the Brawl room and Two in the Melee room. Cause, well, I have a lot of TVs and I'm not gunna be a greedy ****, might as well split that **** evenly and make the even a little smoother for everyone.

The one that went missing was from the Melee room, it was one that Taj helped me bring in. It is, thusly, more likely a Melee player took it, whether by mistake or on purpose. Don't go around just blaming one group of people for something based of something as stupid as which ****ing game they play. That's just asinine.

Nairo

Banned via Administration
this tourney was fun

especially when people filled the pot for me in minus

i sandbaged everything else

hey ally and holy, i gave the controller to shippo when we played u guys. get *****.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
MDM i might have your tv there was a tv left at the venue

@ project : I been around the community for years...trust me melee and brawl players are very grimey. At least in EC FL they may be awesome.

Prawn

Smash Master
jason zimmerman never played me in friendlies or mm'd me

and to think i played him on distant planet at SNES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom