• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 8-Bit Man Support Thread

How happy would you be with this character

• OMG I was a huge fan of G&W and this would be an instant fan

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Wow. this is really cool and I would love using this guy

• Sure I like it. Not a main but I'll enjoy using him

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • the character seems weird but that moveset is pretty cool

• its ok.

• meh

• I wouldn't use him but wouldn't oppose him either.

• not cool, not cool

• NO he shouldn't be in it at all.

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • HIM, G&W and R.O.B. should NOT exist at all.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Now you may be wondering "who?" and you have every right to say that because this character doesn't actually exist yet.
however he's chances of getting in to the next Smash Bros is not 0, in fact I would say he's chances of getting in is about equal, if not higher, to that of Mr Game & Watch getting in Melee.

He's appearance would be similar to that guy from Doki Doki Panic that Mario replaces in SMB2, except this guy would wear a t-shirt and no hat.
All his moves would derive from classic 8-bit games.
here's a sample moveset I made that once seeing, you'll almost have to support the guy.

A: Links sword swing, acts just like in the original loz and its just as spamable.
Dash Attack: Takamarus sword dash, I have no idea if Takamaru ever actually does this but it would act just like ninja kirby's dash attack from kirby adventure's wii

Tilts:
Foward Tilt: Lolo's push, pushes whats in front of him
Up Tilt: Jump Mans barrel hop, jumps up as if jumping over a barrel
Down Tilt: soccer kick based on the nes game, soccer. but to be on the safe side since I haven't played the game it would be a generic kick

Air:
Neutral: balloon fighter flap, he flaps like the balloon fighter
Foward: Air fortress blast, does a small hop while using the gun from Air Fortress to make a small bang in front of him
Back: Bubble's from clu clu land turn around, a pole appears and he does a flip.
Up: holds a duck above him that flaps for a bit.
Down: grabs a random Tetromino and goes straight down acting like g&w key

Smash Attacks:
Foward: Urban Champion punch, unique that when charging up he pulls a defencive pose
making him less likely to flinch when hit with a weak move.
Down: a balloon from Barker Bill's Trick Shooting appears under him that pops with a bang from the game.
Up: Little macs upper cut having a very similar animation to the punch from the game

Special Moves:
Neutral: Kirby's beam move acting just like in kirby's adventure, when kirby copy's 8-bit man he would get beams hat.

Side: exitebike acting similar to wario's but has a constant speed and disappears when hopped off

Up: HM 02 Fly, turns into pidgey and starts to fly up for a while hurting people caught in the flapping.

Down: places one of samus bombs where he is, can't be picked up and and acts just like in metroid.

Grab: picks opponents up like the items in smb2
A: a small hop hitting them with his head
Forward: throws them forward and they don't regain control until they either touch something or a certain distance away. like toads throw from smb2
Backwards: Flips them around like in the puzzle game Yoshi.
Up: throws them up and they land on a brick block that appears which is than hit sending them upwards
Down: Throws them downwards like Luigi's throw from smb2, can mimic a meteor smash when used near an edge.

Ledge move: hops upwards damaging anyone he lands on.

Final Smash: POW, a pow block appears that he hits 3 times sending flying anyone within range, it also sends skyward anyone on the ground when hit no matter what the distance, can't be rolled dodged or standard dodged.

standard dodge: leans backwards while flashing with invincibility that various games have
roll dodge: spins across like the pills and tetromino from dr mario and tetris
air dodge: same as standard dodge.

Taunt 1: face's the screen and pulls a peace sign.
Taunt 2: stands still and all the bits fall straight down and then go back up reforming him.
Taunt 3: face's screen with a speech bubble saying "SMASH!!" similar to wild gun man.

Stage entrance: he appears on screen in a similar fashion to how the gameboy word appears when turning on a gameboy
Victory tune: a fanfare of the famicon opening.

he would be a bit heavier and slower than G&W. with most of his moves having very nice strength to complement his lower speed.

now some of you might think "Is this guy serious?" and the answer is YES
I honestly really want this guy or something similar to him to make it into the game as that obscure WTF character that Mr Game & Watch and Rob were in the past.

ps. I'm new so I hope this is allowed.

D

Deleted member

Saw this on Gamefaqs, and I'll say what I wanted to say the first time I saw it:

No.
As much as this fan character is meant to emulate classic Nintendo titles, it's a fan character all the same.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Saw this on Gamefaqs, and I'll say what I wanted to say the first time I saw it:

No.
As much as this fan character is meant to emulate classic Nintendo titles, it's a fan character all the same.
Mr Game & Watch could be argued the same. and 8-bit man doesn't necessarily have to be the name and he doesn't necessarily have look like what I suggested. the whole point is more like to support someone similar to 8-bit man who could use this moveset.

D

Deleted member

Mr Game & Watch could be argued the same. and 8-bit man doesn't necessarily have to be the name and he doesn't necessarily have look like what I suggested. the whole point is more like to support someone similar to 8-bit man who could use this moveset.
Mr. Game & Watch isn't an apt comparison.

He's essentially an amalgam of the various nameless characters of the Game & Watch handhelds; your idea is an original character not from any of Nintendo's franchises that has a moveset composed of multiple games for the sake of nostalgia.
The fact "8-Bit Man" doesn't exist in any plane but your own imagination means there is absolute 0% chance of being incorporated in Smash Bros.
Closest thing you can hope for is WarioWare's 9-Volt being a character and being the Nintendo fanboy he is, having a moveset that relies on Nintendo nostalgia based around the microgames he makes.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Based on the fact that this character doesn't actually exist, this thread will be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom