• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Offical KENSUKE KIMACHI from 1080 Snowboarding for Brawl Support Thread

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
This thread is for Kensuke Kimachi for Brawl.

Kensuke is from the 1080 Snowoarding Series wich first appeared on the N64 and is considered today one of the best games on the N64

1080 Snowboarding Cover on the 64

1080 Snowboarding Avalanche Cover on the cube

Japanese game box

European "Player Choice" art work

Kensuke Kimachi Trophy in SSBM

STATS
Height- 3/5
Weight- 3/5
Power- 3/5
Jump- 3/5
Speed- 4/5
Gravity- 4/5

SPECIAL MOVESET

B- Snowstorm - Think Naryu's Love, just with snow and it doesn't reflect anything. It's a good Party-Breaker, like DK's down B. Has a chance to freeze people.

Foward/Back B- Frontflip- Kensuke gets on his board and does a frontflip, launching himself foward. Snow falls from the edges. It cobvers him in a 360 circle, like Kirby's hammer in the air. When he does it on the ground, he travels foward.

Up B- 1080 - Kensuke does a 1080 that launches him upwards, like Link's up B. Shorter range with snow that come sof both ends and much mre spins, more than Mario's down B. May freeze opponents

Down B- Tailgrab - Kensuke does a tailgrab that propels him down in an angle. Its your basic down B Bomb move, like Bowser,but it just goes at an angle. Snow comes out the end impact

SUPER SMASH ATTACK- Avalanche- An avalanche falls on the stage, and snow-boulders come and hme out other targets. Boulders will Freeze opponents. Freezng from this attack will last longer than normal freezing

Character Symbol - Snowboard

Character Stage- Crystal Lake

What Happens when Kirby sucks up Kensuke - Gets his beanie and sunglasses.I'm not a 100% sure, but I think he does have sunglasses on in the game.

Stage- We have two ideas for this, my idea, and awesome's idea.

awesome's Idea

It would be a scrolling stage, like Rainbow Cruise and the Grand Prix stages, except the characters would be on boards** and you would move as if you were actually moving down the slope. At the end, the helicopter picks you up and you fight in there for a little while; the way to knock your opponents out would be through the doors on the sides. After some time in there, it drops you off at the beginning and it starts all over.

**If the characters were to move down the slope, they would need boards. It wouldn't mess with the physics too much. If Nintendo went through the trouble to make 2D characters in Flat Zone, they can add boards to the bottom of the characters' feet

It's nice, but the helicopter part seems a bit out-there.

HMBG idea

It would take place on Crystal Lake (the first course of the game), specificaly the mountain you race on with the lake in the background. The main platform is a snowboard that is moving down the mountain, so like Grand Blue, the board will move away from you if you get off it. Above to the left and right are smaller snowbaords that will fall after being stood on for a while (They will wobble as a sign). And finally, there will be bumps on the trail that the big snowboard will hit and launch up in the air and spin . You can fight in the air and it will rotate, and it would look really cool. When it lands, you will be rotated. Ex: say it was Mario vs. Link, with Mario on the right, and Link on the left. After the bump and spin, Link is on the right with Mario on the left. NOTE: When you land, it will shake your characters and disable them for about half a second. Real short, so not a major threat unless they aren't disabled. You can avoid the shock by being in the air or on one of the platform snowboards above.

There you have it. Support and constructive criticism are welcome. I think it would be nice to have an unrepped N64 title shown in Brawl, another human, and a character from Nintendo's sport genres. I also like him because ice/snow is my third favorite element (Water first, Ground second)

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Chickenboy666 said:
Well, Ice is my FIRST favorite element, and Kensuke would be a great character in SSBB
That combination of snowboard attacks and ice power is great!!!
Wow, I was expecting the first comment to be a flame "SNOWBOARDEZ CANT FIGHT 11111!!!!!1111!2!!!!!111 n00b IDEA LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!111", but I'm glad some people can appreciate him :)

PS: Chickenboy, Elements go like this:

1) Water
2) Ground/Earth
3) Ice
4) Poison
5) Grass/Plant

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
This reminds me of when I was a kid, me and my friends messaged Nintendo and asked if tony hawk could be in smash.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Super Smash Master said:
This reminds me of when I was a kid, me and my friends messaged Nintendo and asked if tony hawk could be in smash.
lol :rotfl:

Yeah, if Nintendo made a good original Skateboarding game, I would probably have a thread for that game's main character

NEWCOMER: TONY HAWK! :rotfl:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
1. Join a site that lets you upload pictures, I suggest photobucket.com
2. Get a picture, save it somewhere in your personal files.
3. Click on "Upload Image" and choose the one you want from your personal files and wait for it to upload.
4. Go to the part underneath your pic that says IMG:(a bunch of random stuff) and copy it.
5. Go to Add Reply at Smashboards and go to Insert Image(the little pic of the mountain under Size).
6. Paste the IMG code and the image will show up.

Anyway, I'm not sure about this. 1080 Snowboarding seems like one of those franchises Nintendo doesn't care that much for anymore...

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Marshigio said:
Anyway, I'm not sure about this. 1080 Snowboarding seems like one of those franchises Nintendo doesn't care that much for anymore...
and what exactly have they been doing with kid icarus as of late? =P

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Put him in Smash.

And he was one of the original Nintendo characters they expected to go "big" along with Zelda and Metroid. Kid Icarus was also Metroid's sister game.

parrothead

Smash Lord
Same with Ryota Hayami, Kensuke Kimachi is also difficult for me to picture fighting in SSBB.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
parrothead said:
Same with Ryota Hayami, Kensuke Kimachi is also difficult for me to picture fighting in SSBB.
And Uniracer is so easy to imagine.

I like the wave race guy but put in the ones with easy non-japanese names.

Chickenboy666

Smash Ace
parrothead said:
Maybe the difficult thing is not to imagine them fighting (...Captain Falcon...), but the possibilities to see them in Brawl. Anyways, I think Ryota Hayami and Kensuke Kimachi could be good fighters.
And personally, I prefer the japanese names. I hope Brawl will still have the language option

zuloon

Smash Journeyman
You need to learn to use vBcode's end tags. :/
I could do it when I was in second grade.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Chickenboy666 said:
Why not? There's already a plumber and a racer.
And Brawl needs ICE
It doesn't really, but you can get frozen in Melee. Anyway elements shouldn't matter in a game like Brawl. Melee had the Ice Climbers and they are signature characters of Nintendo and have earned a spot in Brawl a snowboarder is a representation of an actual person and should not be in an animated game like Brawl.

Kalaquinn

Smash Apprentice
It be interesting if they made his physics really slippery, like Luigi's, but ever more so. WHat would be cool is if you could literally slide down slopes.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
No problem *cough+repmeforitcough*.

As for Kensuke, I wouldn't mind if he was in. But why is he black in his SSBM trophy?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Marshigio said:
No problem *cough+repmeforitcough*.

As for Kensuke, I wouldn't mind if he was in. But why is he black in his SSBM trophy?
Actually, I yhink it's more tan. It's a popular look i Japan for teens 14-18. I've only seen it on girls though,. does that mean what I think i means :crazy:

*coughgave+repforyoucough*

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Well, it depends. Nintendo has 5 racing franchises(at least ones that people still care about today), Wave Race(love this game), F-Zero(chances are it'll have more representation in Brawl), Mario Kart, Diddy Kong Racing, and 1080.

It all depends whether Nintendo will continue to make 1080 games, because if they do, then it needs representation. That spot would go to Kensuke Kamachi.

awesome

Smash Apprentice
Why does it have to go to Kensuke? If 1080 were to be represented by anyone in Brawl, i believe it should be Rob Haywood.

Rob Haywood has appeared in both 1080 games (Kensuke did not appear in Avalanche) and he is, I believe, the leader of the 1080 team. The only claim to fame that Kensuke can make is his trophy in Melee.

Then wouldn't this be so much better?

Falco-Z

Smash Apprentice
I like the idea of a 1080 character, but I don't see them picking one, because there isn't enough popularity in the series, not because it isn't possible for a snowboarder to fight in Smash Bros.
Also, he would probably need to be mentioned by the Japanese in their poll.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Actually, I yhink it's more tan. It's a popular look i Japan for teens 14-18. I've only seen it on girls though,. does that mean what I think i means :crazy:

*coughgave+repforyoucough*
Actually, Japanese can get pretty dark, especially in the south - namely the Ryukyu Islands. As far as 1080 characters, yeah - Kensuke's only real rep comes from that SSBM trophy. And I can't really picture anyone from 1080 in a fighter game... but you never know, he could be a street fighter on the side... :laugh:

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Why does it have to go to Kensuke? If 1080 were to be represented by anyone in Brawl, i believe it should be Rob Haywood.

Rob Haywood has appeared in both 1080 games (Kensuke did not appear in Avalanche) and he is, I believe, the leader of the 1080 team. The only claim to fame that Kensuke can make is his trophy in Melee.

Then wouldn't this be so much better?
Well, Kensuke was in the trophy, and he's from Japan in the game, and he's still one of the most popular characters in the series, even if he was in one game. Besides, I think a Japanese gaming company would want their homeplayer in the game :p

PS: Don't get me wrong, I like Haywood.

awesome

Smash Apprentice
Well, Kensuke was in the trophy, and he's from Japan in the game, and he's still one of the most popular characters in the series, even if he was in one game. Besides, I think a Japanese gaming company would want their homeplayer in the game :p

PS: Don't get me wrong, I like Haywood.
Yeah... I figured someone would say something like that. And I figured Nintendo would see it like that too. They tend to be loyal towards their own. It's just that Rob seems like more of a fighter, what with the big muscles and all. Kensuke just sits by the fire and nods his head. Ah well. If 1080 gets represented by either character, I'll be happy.

I like that moveset you made, by the way; but there's one thing I would change.

His ^B move could be the 1080 instead of the 360, but it would function the same way as you described.
His Smash Orb move could be a big avalanche which traps in and does heavy damage to everyone it comes into contact with, and Kensuke (or Rob) gets on his board and rides it or something.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Yeah... I figured someone would say something like that. And I figured Nintendo would see it like that too. They tend to be loyal towards their own. It's just that Rob seems like more of a fighter, what with the big muscles and all. Kensuke just sits by the fire and nods his head. Ah well. If 1080 gets represented by either character, I'll be happy.

I like that moveset you made, by the way; but there's one thing I would change.

His ^B move could be the 1080 instead of the 360, but it would function the same way as you described.
His Smash Orb move could be a big avalanche which traps in and does heavy damage to everyone it comes into contact with, and Kensuke (or Rob) gets on his board and rides it or something.
Thank you, I'll change the Up B :p

I like the super Smash Attack better too.

awesome

Smash Apprentice
ooh! I just got a great idea for the stage.

First off, the music for it would be the original 1080 theme. That would be filthy.

It would be a scrolling stage, like Rainbow Cruise and the Grand Prix stages, except the characters would be on boards** and you would move as if you were actually moving down the slope. At the end, the helicopter picks you up and you fight in there for a little while; the way to knock your opponents out would be through the doors on the sides. After some time in there, it drops you off at the beginning and it starts all over.

**If the characters were to move down the slope, they would need boards. It wouldn't mess with the physics too much. If Nintendo went through the trouble to make 2D characters in Flat Zone, they can add boards to the bottom of the characters' feet.

Of course, this is the pipe dream to end all pipe dreams. It could work, though.

Mohiccan

Smash Rookie
I agree with you about adding a 1080 character to the game. I think it's a great idea; I know that I would love to see someone from the series in the game.

Although, I really doubt he'll get in there.

Top Bottom