• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Offensive or Defensive

Whuditdew

Smash Rookie
Which strategy do you use when playing as Snake?

PsychoMidget has done very well in tournaments using a more offensive strategy while DieSuperFly has been impressive using a more defensive approach.

I just started using Snake and was watching vidoes of both to get an idea of how to play. I think I will go with DSF approach but throw a few more ariels in.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Yea it all depends on the opponent. My usual strategy though is do some CQC until I push him away then plant a c4 to control the field. If someone starts camping I start throwing nades, and if they come in close I punish them with Snake's A set. I rarely use my C4 to KO or stick it to them, I use it as a way to keep my opponent guessing since you can never expect when a remote trigger will happen.

Oh, and i'm a rocket *****. Nikitia is amazing at range.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
I like a mix of both, but when I don't know what to expect, I usually play defensive first stock just to see.

Hostility

Smash Ace
I play pretty aggressive and try to overwhelm people with explosives, but there are times when you have to back off. With any character really you shouldn't focus on one or the other, rather play offensive when you can, and defensive when you need to.

UltimaXtreme

Smash Journeyman
you got any links to DSF's snake? he won a tourney recently with it in san diego while psychomidgit got 7th

havent been able to find any of his snake videos

Livadas

Smash Rookie
In my opinion it is all a matter of what you like doing , if you like charging the enemy then take the offensive approach with the A botton moves and the rpg . But if you like hanging back using the land mines, C4, and the guided rocket then use the defensive approach.

Zenithal

Smash Rookie
I find offensive is better for 1v1 matches, but when you've got a FFA goin, do some hit and run, stay alive and then wait for them to start fighting each other. Then Nakita and nade them into oblivion. >: 3

SirPsychoMantis

Smash Apprentice
Definitely depends on what character I'm playing against. Against characters like Pit and Zelda being offensive helps counter arrows/din's fire. Against characters like meta knight and lucario who have none or slow projectiles you can be defensive very effectively and make them come to you.

Paladin_26

Smash Rookie
I'd say that I'm pretty defensive. A firewall of Grenades + D-Smash + Nikita, combined with the massive range on several of Snake's tilts make him a pain to approach in my experience. They're going to take damage almost anyway that they play it.

Sir_Psycho

Smash Apprentice
I feel like it's important to switch it up in the process of a match in order to psych out your opponent. Snake's standard set can send an opponent reeling, while effective mine camping can make them outdodge themselves due to paranoia. You have to find a balance to keep your opponent in check.

Top Bottom