• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Odd missed tech mechanic

McFlyy

Smash Rookie
Sometimes while I'm practicing my juggling with Captain Falcon (and sometimes during an actual match), I will mess up and hit them with a Uair after the other character hits the ground. But sometimes they miss their tech and I still get the Uair in, and when they miss their tech they of course slightly bounce off the ground.

What it looks like is happening is the combined knock back from the Uair and the slight bounce off the ground Pop the other character straight up into the air, and then it adds in the delayed horizontal knock back of the Uair. The pop up effect is about the height of 2 captain falcons, and you can actually see a cloud of smoke come out of the character in a straight line up, and then abruptly turn at a 90 degree angle in midair.

So the character Pops straight up!.. and then abruptly arcs horizontally. Very strange mechanic. I don't remember seeing it in 2.1 or melee. Unfortunately, I don't have a recording of it. I can't exactly do it on command, but have done it too many times to count. If this is irrelevant or already known, then please disregard my ignorance.

I will definitely try to catch it in a recording and post it up here when I do. Great job with 2.5 btw :D

Top Bottom