• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Oct 6, 2015] Game Underground : Smash 4 Weeklies - WE'RE BACK AT A NEW LOCATION!... (Natick, MA)

LanceKing2200

Smash Apprentice
We're now uploading our brackets to Smashboards! If you participated last night (in our biggest bracket ever, 92 people!) head over HERE to claim your results. If this is successful and well received we'll upload the rest of season 2 as well.

LanceKing2200

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately after much debate with players, other TOs, and seeing debate from the community at large. I have decided to BAN Diddy Kong from GU events until he is fixed by Nintendo. The glitch is simply too easy to engage, and affects a match too heavily to be allowed to be played. Regardless of how "effective" it is as a technique for Diddy, it is clearly an unintentional glitch that affects a core element of the game (grabs are obviously more important for some characters than others, but we can't exactly ban Diddy in only certain matchups).

I am confidant that Nintendo will push forward a patch to fix the glitch quickly (it took them about a week to fix a similar glitch that occurred when Mewtwo was released) and as soon as version 1.1.2 is made public it will be required for all GU events and Diddy will be made legal again.

In hindsight we could have done what Big House did and not used the patch for GUMS3, but when we decided to use the patch this glitch had not yet been discovered. This is my fault and I take full responsibility. I apologize to all of the Diddy mains who are now stuck out in the cold and waiting on Nintendo.

This decision is final, unfortunately there is no solution that is both easy to implement and fair to all players. I apologize again for this situation, and sincerely hope it is resolved soon.

LanceKing2200

Smash Apprentice
GU Power Rankings Season 3 are now available! You can find them HERE

Additionally the Ruleset has been updated for Season 3, you can find the new ruleset HERE

LanceKing2200

Smash Apprentice
Well since it looks like there won't be a patch to fix Diddy by tomorrow, I've decided that tomorrow (10/6) will be the first ever:

GAME UNDERGROUND SMASH 4 WACKY STAGE TOURNAMENT

Rules are the same as normal weeklies (and Diddy is still banned), except:

The following stages are banned:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Town & City
Dreamland
Lylat Cruise
Duck Hunt
Castle Siege
Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Miiverse
Omega Stages
Hyrule Temple
Palutena's Temple
Great Cave Offensive
75M

ALL OTHER STAGES ARE LEGAL

Round 1 stage choice will be determined by Rock/Paper/Scissors, subsequent rounds will be 2 bans from the winner and then loser's choice.

This is gonna be a random wacky thing that happens every once in a while, and it won't count toward the PR, so feel free to bring in scrub characters and stupid play.

LanceKing2200

Smash Apprentice
Update 1.1.2 is live! It has already been datamined and there are no changes beyond fixing the Diddy glitch. This means that everyone should update their consoles, and Diddy will be legal at future events using 1.1.2.

It should be noted that this update does break replays, so if you have videos from GUMS you want uploaded make sure you do that BEFORE you update!

ZBomber

Smash Rookie
So I work out in Worcester but would be interested in attending sometime. I don't get out of work until 6pm, so I might not get over until 6:45-7. When I know I would be attending, is it possible to sign up ahead of time? I've never been to a tournament before but would love to go, but my work schedule makes it difficult.

LanceKing2200

Smash Apprentice
Sure! if you call the store or post a message in the FB group the day of, I'll put you in the bracket, and even if you're a bit late it'll be fine.

Top Bottom