• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Oct 5, 2014] Largest Online Smash Bros 3DS Tournament on October 5th! (Online)

biddum

Smash Rookie
Come join us for a free smash bros 3ds tournament starting on October 5th at 11:00 AM EDT.

PRIZES: Fellow redditors, if you can donate anything, please let me know via inbox and I will update the tournament prizes. I might be donating a $10 amazon gift card. A friend of mine might be donating a game code (hasn't told me which on yet).

RULES:
I want the community to help me out to establish rules!
Matches will be stock matches (3 stock)
8 Minute Time per Match
Best of Three Matches, Finals will be Best of Five
No Custom Move-sets
Round 1: All Stages (choose random), Items ON
Round 2: Select Stages (see below), Items OFF
Round 3+ Select Stages (see below), Items OFF
Please check-in on the day the tournament starts (can start check-in 6 hours before round 1)

PLEASE FOLLOW THE REDDIT LINK BELOW FOR UP-TO-DATE DETAILS ON THE TOURNAMENT
http://redd.it/2hzl3t

Currently at 15 participants

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also don't forget if it starts at 10am EST for those of you unfamiliar with EDT.

Mr. Howard

Smash Rookie
How do these online tournaments work? Is there anything I need to do before the tournament starts, other than checking-in?

biddum

Smash Rookie
check in and have friend codes of your opponents entered or at hand.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
I'll sign up but I'm afraid I'll mess something up. Just gotta check what time this is at too...

It seems to be 17:00 in Sweden. That's perfect.

Last edited:

OreoKirby

Smash Rookie
NNID
OreoKirby01
3DS FC
1204-0162-2881
Reddit seems to have the most active people for this tournament, but I just wanted to post on the SB thread as well.

I agree with a lot of the contestants that the first round should also have items off and the same stage list you provided instead of random. Stages with stage hazards have a lot of RNG involved deaths and with items as well the first match will be decided mostly on chance. Just a suggestion m8.

Last edited:

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
I'm under round 2 so does that mean I don't play round 1, so no items for me?

This thing could be chaos. XD

Last edited:

OreoKirby

Smash Rookie
NNID
OreoKirby01
3DS FC
1204-0162-2881
I'm under round 2 so does that mean I don't play round 1, so no items for me?

This thing could be chaos. XD
Currently when it shows you in "round 2" that's actually the 2nd set or round of matches. Due to the weird amount of people joining, it caused you to be bumped into the 2nd round which means you received a bye. AKA it's like you already won your first match. The same best of 3 matches applies to people in the 1st, 2nd and through whatever sets except the finals which I think are best of 5.

Last edited:

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
O.o Not sure I completely understand but isn't that unfair? Now I'm back to round 1 though.

Tatsunashi

Smash Rookie
NNID
Tatsunashi
3DS FC
1177-8055-9689
O.o Not sure I completely understand but isn't that unfair? Now I'm back to round 1 though.
Hi swedish, i signed up for the tournament and messaged biddum on the irc channel but isnt getting a response yet. So just in case could i leave my name and FC here just to be sure?

Tatsunashi
FC# 1177-8055-9689

Edit. Biddum got me in, im good.

Last edited:

ItsSonic

Smash Rookie
I signed up but am #2 on waiting list. If someone doesn't show up as many will, will I be put in place of them or will someone have to actually announce that they have dropped out for me to be put in?

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
My friend code :4270-1989-3882
Unfortunately someone messed up the Google Doc so you also now have to change your name on Challonge with your FC after your name so it shows in the bracket. Only you can do that. It seems I can't edit the Google doc now.

People who do not enter their FC after their name on Challonge will be removed before the tournament starts.

Last edited:

Toon_Link7600

Smash Rookie
Unfortunately someone messed up the Google Doc so you also now have to change your name on Challonge with your FC after your name so it shows in the bracket. Only you can do that. It seems I can't edit the Google doc now.

People who do not enter their FC after their name on Challonge will be removed before the tournament starts.
I just found out that I have something going on that day so I am unable to attend.

xcel108

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4098-4880-2303
i signed up but im on the waiting list... hope i still have a chance to smash :smash:

Top Bottom