• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Oct 28, 2015] Wavedash Wednesday (Oak Park, IL)

B.W.

Smash Champion
I might be there for friendlies. People were praising your Olimar on Friday though. I can't let them praise a fraud.

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
I'm just posting to see if there is a general interest for Brawl to be part or have its own weekly EXP event, so if you do, feel free to say so. I saw Marioguy[numbers] and a couple others mention the game in the past few weeks.

LINKaTINK

Smash Cadet
I will definitely be there Wednesday night, very excited, would it be helpful to anyone to bring a set-up if I don't have a TV to bring? How many setups are there?

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
I will definitely be there Wednesday night, very excited, would it be helpful to anyone to bring a set-up if I don't have a TV to bring? How many setups are there?
EXP has around 15+ CRTs (only a few being with a Wii + Game), so depending on how early you get there, it could be very useful to bring. Set ups are always good to have.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
No CRT's. Only wiis are needed.

And no brawl. Brawl is ass.

#trippinSlippinCreepin

Kamo.

Smash Apprentice
I'm just posting to see if there is a general interest for Brawl to be part or have its own weekly EXP event, so if you do, feel free to say so. I saw Marioguy[numbers] and a couple others mention the game in the past few weeks.
I would show up for Brawl. I wasn't aware there was any Brawl at WW currently, but if there is I'll try coming by.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
Anywho,won't be making it to this week's WDW either.

Might have to leave indefinitely,
Still unsure.

Webs

Smash Cadet
I doubt we have the time or turnout necessary to run a Brawl event but if you want to commandeer a setup or 2 for Brawl it should be no problem.

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
I would show up for Brawl. I wasn't aware there was any Brawl at WW currently, but if there is I'll try coming by.
I'd wait until the next week to check it out. I'm still waiting for more people to show interest/ and for Bobby's thoughts, but there has been quite a number that want this from the Facebook Chicago-Land Brawl group.

I doubt we have the time or turnout necessary to run a Brawl event but if you want to commandeer a setup or 2 for Brawl it should be no problem.
If Marvel is possible, Brawl should be no problem. It wouldn't conflict with time since most Brawl players don't overlap with the other events and vice versa. I do however, play all three, so I do not know if I would be able commandeer it. That position should be up to the Brawl players if they can actually show up and want this.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Has Marvel ever actually had a tournament on WDW? As far as I can tell Marvel players just show up to play casual matches on the side.

If they're having tournaments I don't think they're being run by EXP.

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Has Marvel ever actually had a tournament on WDW? As far as I can tell Marvel players just show up to play casual matches on the side.

No idea (from what I can tell, no).

EXPGaming

Smash Journeyman

Marvel uses different equipment and is played in a completely separate area of the building. If the players decide to do a tournament I collect the money, create and print a bracket, and one of the players runs it.

If Marvel is possible, Brawl should be no problem. It wouldn't conflict with time since most Brawl players don't overlap with the other events and vice versa. I do however, play all three, so I do not know if I would be able commandeer it. That position should be up to the Brawl players if they can actually show up and want this.

Overlap in equipment, space, and players would be an issue so for Brawl to happen on Wednesday certain conditions would have to be met. I would really prefer to host Brawl on a separate day, proabably alongside Smash 64.

Fliperotchy

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to have to be that guy....does anyone have a working gamecube memory card that they'll sell or give to me? My girlfriend dropped the Wii off the table and my memory card (RIP) no longer works. Lost everything. :(

Was going to post on the FB page but didnt' want to get flamed lol

Fliperotchy

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I know. I just have zero money until Wednesday. I was hoping I could snatch one up and unlock everything over the weekend while Peach is away on business. Haha

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
I'm seriously considering going to this. I've never been to a tournament before but looking to start. Is it worth the 40 minute drive?
You're from Bolingbrook too? We should get in some friendlies sometime. And yes, it's definitely worth it if you're looking to play against top players and get better.

will be going this week - both ssbm and PM tourneys start at 7:30?
Normally PM starts first, and then Melee starts around 30-45 minutes later I believe.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Harry, are we ever going to see you again?

I started to believe them when they said you got mistaken for a child and was eaten by the monster under your bed.

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Harry are you going to resurrect the Link representation? Everyone's dropped him except ITALIAN N1NJA.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Melee only started first last week because one of the kids there that entered only Melee had his mom there with him, so he couldn't stay late. I don't think it's gonna be a normal occurrence.

Also HARRY THE HELIX HYPE

Top Bottom