• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Oct 25, 2014] KKPsi Super Smash Bros Tourney (Montgomery, Al)

William Sherman

Smash Rookie
Kappa Kappa Psi at Huntingdon College is holding a Super Smash Bros Brawl Tournament October 25th at 7:30pm in Smith Recital Hall.

Entrance fee is $5 if you RSVP and $10 if you do not RSVP. 1st place gets 25% of the entrance fees collected and 2nd place gets 10% of the entrance fees collected.

Last edited:

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Yooooo, y'all just came out of nowhere like Ebola. Can't jump the gun on something like this. @ William Sherman William Sherman

First and foremost, see: https://www.facebook.com/groups/alabamasmashleague/

That group is gonna have most of the smashers that would come to this tournament and it would get far better exposure there instead of here.

Secondly, and I hate to be the one to break it to you, Super Smash Bros Brawl isn't gonna do the numbers you hope it will. It's a game that's lost is audience to the new up-and-coming Smash Bros for 3DS being released Friday and a fanmade game called Project M.

Thirdly, go to the Alabama Thread and introduce yourselves. We're hungry for a scene, but if you aren't familiar with the ruleset and TO'ing, the hard work that it would take you to run this would be all for naught.

I'm literally 5 mins away from Huntington College, so if you see this private message me and we can talk about this.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
melee and even 64 get a bigger crowd as well, with melee currently having the biggest smash following of all the games right now.

also tournaments generally have much higher payouts

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Brawl only, and I'm guessing the rest of the money is going to the frat. Not really something most Alabama smashers are into unfortunately.

William Sherman

Smash Rookie
Brawl only, and I'm guessing the rest of the money is going to the frat. Not really something most Alabama smashers are into unfortunately.
Yes it is Brawl, and yes the money is going to the organization, but being that the organization is a non-profit organization, the entry fee can be used as a tax deduction. I personally filed the paperwork for that to be possible today.

Last edited:

T-Rex Games

Smash Cadet
while that is nice, that isnt really incentive for people to travel. normally what people do is charge a door fee and a pot fee. then everyone is happy. I dont think ill be making it to this one.

William Sherman

Smash Rookie
No worries, we're still learning with every tournament that we hold, so maybe next time we'll be able to have a project M tournament or the modded version of the wii U game which is bound to happen. I'll also look into some possible way to get a bigger prize for the winner

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Essentially Brawl in Alabama is dead. No one is practicing it any more. Melee, Project M and Smash 4 are all good choices though.

As far as the money goes, I would echo what T-Rex said. Charge a door fee and an entry fee separately that way players know where their money is going.

Also post in the Alabama Thread (http://smashboards.com/threads/alabama-thread-10-23-14-update.81996/page-977#post-17837121) and in the ASL facebook group (http://facebook.com/groups/alabamasmashleague). Most players don't sort through the giant list of tournaments on this forum to see if there is a local nearby.

Best of luck.

Smoof

Smash Cadet
NNID
SmashMastr98
3DS FC
1332-7766-7726
Well nice that its still happening even though its just Brawl i'll make the trip hopefully some people come out for it

Smoof

Smash Cadet
NNID
SmashMastr98
3DS FC
1332-7766-7726
by the way is there a way I can recognize the venue? haven't been to too many Locations in Montgomery and would like to know what to look for

Top Bottom