• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Oct 25, 2014] CFL Smackdown MONTHLY 6 ft. Smash 4 3DS and Divekick! (Orlando, Florida)

RagingCherry

Suuuuup!
NNID
RagingCherry
Pre-reg here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1_cijfUtnWABu6An3igRvjGRM9pIPz-VJny2u72jrFvc/viewform?usp=send_form

Venue- $10 (half off if you bring a FULL setup)
Melee/PM- $5 per game ($10/team)
Divekick- $1(winner take all)
Smash 3DS- $1 ($4 venue fee)
Payouts- 60/30/10 (except Divekick)

4 Stock PM!

Round-Robin Pools (for melee/pm singles), Top 2 Advance

CFL SMACKDOWN RULES YO (http://smashboards.com/threads/central-florida-cfl-smackdown-ruleset.363422/)

1pm- Project M Doubles (check in by 12:30pm)

3pm- Project M Singles (signups end at 2:00pm)

4pm- Divekick (PS3)

6pm- Melee Singles (signups end at 5:30)

8pm- Smash 4 3DS

Check who pre-regged here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1huXENdHUGvvDdfSO-0RGlI7LDsq7Y5a2JVo9suNGr-w/edit?usp=sharing

Stream: twitch.tv/wizzzrobe

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
I like how you answered GinStars question Eikelmann.

@ 20YY SS | Saiblade 20YY SS | Saiblade

I hope you can make it and your welcome.

I should link my crew.

@Ookami Hajime
@Din8595

Ookami, since you know everyone on the crew I will let you tag them. :-)

Edit: If anyone wants to bring their Wii for PM I will bring my lagless tv so we can have a full setup. We can have a "money match" to see who gets the venue fee discount.

Last edited:

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
I like how you answered GinStars question Eikelmann.

I hope you can make it and your welcome.

I should link my crew.

@Ookami Hajime
@Din8595

Ookami, since you know everyone on the crew I will let you tag them. :-)

Edit: If anyone wants to bring their Wii for PM I will bring my lagless tv so we can have a full setup. We can have a "money match" to see who gets the venue fee discount.
I could bring a Wii with Brawl, though I don't have PM :(

If your crew comes, we should have a crew battle, assuming my crew peeps can come.

20YY SS | Saiblade

3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
@TheWizKidRob

Your probably too far away but no harm in telling you.

Good, I will see about bringing my tv and SD card for PM. Would you want to MM in vanilla Brawl? Or just share the discount?

@ RagingCherry RagingCherry
Are stage texture and music hacks outside of the official PM build okay for tourney play?
Dude, **** vanilla brawl, I'm good on money, so you can take the discount. I still wanna play you though!

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
Are PM texture/stage hacks banned or are you just requesting me not to bring them? I personally love seeing everyone's tastes in textures and music and I saw texture/stage hacks at CEO in PM so if its legal I want to bring it.

Deep2

Smash Apprentice
pretty sure it's not legal. it wasn't supposed to be legal at CEO, at the very least.
I believe they are legal. What's not legal are vector hacks for characters like custom models, and stage hacks that aren't solely texture based.

Kusumi

Smash Rookie
Ill probably be showing up too, I can bring a Wii with PM and can bring a Melee disc, but no TV. Second tourney so far, hope to have fun and meet new peps!

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
I believe they are legal. What's not legal are vector hacks for characters like custom models, and stage hacks that aren't solely texture based.
Cool. Got some nice things for this then. I wonder if its legal to put different stages over banned stages.

I am wondering if the reason why you don't have Project M is that you only have Sd cards over 2 GB. 2 GB SD cards can be hard to find. But I'm posting now to tell you there are ways of booting Project M without Homebrew/Riivolution while having an SD card over 2 GB. Here is what you should know about your Wii in order to do this.

Look in Wii Settings menu and write down your version of the Wii(top right, says something like 4.3U.) If your Wii is under 4.3, I recommend updating to 4.3 before installing hacks(PM isn't installed, I'm talking about mods like Homebrew).

After you get your Wii version, go to the 2 page, click on Internet then click on Console Information then write down your MAC Address(the Mac address not LAN Adaptor MAC Address.)

Now is where you start downloading stuff.

If your Wii is 4.3 download Letterbomb(keep this window open to read tutorial-LINK), if the Wii is under 4.3 download Bannerbomb(find the link yourself). These two programs are exploits just like Smashstack but will let you have higher GB SD cards.

Assuming your getting Letterbomb, type your MAC Address into the boxes above then click Bundle Bootmii Installer off. Then choose your wire.

Now get Project M(No homebrew!) at the official site(LINK. Be careful, the download removes all files on your SD card I believe, make sure you have nothing on the SD card you don't have copies of.

Now in the root of your SD card that has PM, cut the Private folder out and place it somewhere(you might want Smashstack later). When you downloaded Letterbomb it gave you a private folder, copy and paste that onto the root of your SD card.

Turn on your Wii with the SD card having Project M in it and go to the message board. There should be a red letter with a bomb in it(Letterbomb) somewhere near the date you downloaded Letterbomb on the internet.

There is other stuff I know that I can tell you but I have to get off the internet soon.

Hope this guide helps.

Last edited:

20YY SS | Saiblade

3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
Cool. Got some nice things for this then. I wonder if its legal to put different stages over banned stages.

I am wondering if the reason why you don't have Project M is that you only have Sd cards over 2 GB. 2 GB SD cards can be hard to find. But I'm posting now to tell you there are ways of booting Project M without Homebrew/Riivolution while having an SD card over 2 GB. Here is what you should know about your Wii in order to do this.

Look in Wii Settings menu and write down your version of the Wii(top right, says something like 4.3U.) If your Wii is under 4.3, I recommend updating to 4.3 before installing hacks(PM isn't installed, I'm talking about mods like Homebrew).

After you get your Wii version, go to the 2 page, click on Internet then click on Console Information then write down your MAC Address(the Mac address not LAN Adaptor MAC Address.)

Now is where you start downloading stuff.

If your Wii is 4.3 download Letterbomb(keep this window open to read tutorial-LINK), if the Wii is under 4.3 download Bannerbomb(find the link yourself). These two programs are exploits just like Smashstack but will let you have higher GB SD cards.

Assuming your getting Letterbomb, type your MAC Address into the boxes above then click Bundle Bootmii Installer off. Then choose your wire.

Now get Project M(No homebrew!) at the official site(LINK. Be careful, the download removes all files on your SD card I believe, make sure you have nothing on the SD card you don't have copies of.

Now in the root of your SD card that has PM, cut the Private folder out and place it somewhere(you might want Smashstack later). When you downloaded Letterbomb it gave you a private folder, copy and paste that onto the root of your SD card.

Turn on your Wii with the SD card having Project M in it and go to the message board. There should be a red letter with a bomb in it(Letterbomb) somewhere near the date you downloaded Letterbomb on the internet.

There is other stuff I know that I can tell you but I have to get off the internet soon.

Hope this guide helps.
It did help, but I'm afraid that I will most likely not make it due to my dad having a business meeting that weekend, sorry guys :(

Lotus*

Smash Cadet
NNID
Alamo_Artistix
3DS FC
5043-4585-3494
Ohh snap! I'm in the Sanford area. It'd be awesome if I can make it to this.

Kusumi

Smash Rookie
@ Kusumi Kusumi

I have a tv for your Wii. How do you want to do the discount? Your PM or my PM SD card? (I have to do some work on my PM card though, as in, get the card ready for Smashstack)
You can use yours if you want - as a TV is arguably more imp so you deserve it more lol. Hopefully I can make it, and if I can I'll be early.

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
I will bring mine as well but please bring your SD card too. Do you want to Money match for the discount or share it? I will probably not be able to read your reply in time for the tourney, just letting you think about your decision.

Also, in my opinion, Wiis and tvs are of equal importance because not having one of the two means you can't play.

Edit: I will read your post tomorrow before the tourney. Do you know yet if your going to make it? Hate to bring my giant tv and have it just sit there.

Last edited:

Kusumi

Smash Rookie
I will bring mine as well but please bring your SD card too. Do you want to Money match for the discount or share it? I will probably not be able to read your reply in time for the tourney, just letting you think about your decision.

Also, in my opinion, Wiis and tvs are of equal importance because not having one of the two means you can't play.

Edit: I will read your post tomorrow before the tourney. Do you know yet if your going to make it? Hate to bring my giant tv and have it just sit there.
Doesnt seem like I'll be making it sadly. So much hype gone =( well just keep an eye out maybe things will change. If i dont say anything then just assume im not coming. Dont want you to bring a big TV for no reason heh.

TheGhostlyPidove

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2509-2709-5815
Gettin' hype! L2k confirmed for CFL Smackdown. I aim for at least top 32 in PM. I wanna make it out of pools this time...

Lotus*

Smash Cadet
NNID
Alamo_Artistix
3DS FC
5043-4585-3494
SIGH...I need a change irl >. <

I really want to start competing again. I won't be making it. Hopefully in the future...

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone have problems with their controllers at the tourney? I never played with my controllers misbehaving that way before. I use nunchuk but my friend uses the GCN controller and he commented on having the same issue.

Trying to get my character to run was oddly difficult at times. Also, when I held down A to charge arrow it would misfire. Anyone with problems similar?

But I still had fun at the tourney and got to play alot of great guys. Also, learned a whole lot. I'm gonna place high or win my next tourney now, Elohim willing.

@Raging Cherry

The tourney had a great format and I love round robins. Please try to run all PM tourneys that way. When Wii U Smash comes out I want to see some quadruples tourneys, please. 8 player matches is what I'm looking forward to the most. :-)

Last edited:
Top Bottom