• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Oct 18, 2014] San Antonio's First Sm4sh Tournament! October 18th - Valdens'... (San Antonio, TX)

Valdens

Smash Ace
Hi San Antonio! I'm likely going to start having semi-regular house tournaments for Smash. Time to bring the scene back.

Fees:

Sm4sh 3DS Singles - $5
Sm4sh 3DS Doubles - $5 per team (if attendance permits)
Venue - $2 (Helps with cleanup, and food/drinks will be provided.)

$12 for all events if paying for an entire team. $9.50 if splitting.

Ruleset:

Double Elimination
2 stock, best 2/3
5 minute timer
Sudden Death isn't played out, blahblah generic tournament rules
Custom Moves and Equipment are banned (for the sake of this tournament, none of us have them all right now to test)
Miis with no equipment are legal
Game and Watch bucket strategies banned in doubles

Stages:

Players will agree on a neutral below for game one, or if players can't agree, then you will random an Omega stage. Gentleman's clause is allowed and HIGHLY ENCOURAGED.

Neutral: Final Destination and all Omega stages, Battlefield, Yoshi's Island

Doubles Neutrals/Singles Counterpick: Lumiose City, Tortimer Island, SNES Mute City

Doubles Counterpicks: Brinstar, Tomodachi Life, Jungle Japes

Venue + time:

Valdens' house
9411 Fall Pass Street, San Antonio, TX, 78251
To contact me: 509-844-6977

Events will begin at 3:00. Please try to arrive promptly, I won't hold up the entire tournament for people!

-

If there's interest for a Brawl/Melee/P:M tournament alongside Sm4sh, please let me know.

This will likely evolve into an all-night Smashfest after the tournament. People are welcome to stay. If any out of city smashers have any desire to come, I will gladly house you. Let me know.

You must shower prior to the tournament to enter my house.

Last edited:

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
I think I'll be going to this :143: I wish I could practice on wireless before but I'll try to do my best.

CH4LK

Smash Rookie
I'll probably have to work, but can we go for the smashfest if we can't make the tourney?

CCCM89

Smash Ace
as long as I don't get called in saturday, I'll be there. I'll probably lose, but I'll be there. :p I'm hoping to do some doubles as ganon, if anyone would like to partner with me. I've found that ganondorf is surprisingly effective in team play.

burgerbuns

Smash Rookie
NNID
burgerbuns
3DS FC
2509-1264-8532
Please shower, ultra was way too stanky last tourney

Swampy948

Smash Cadet
Will I be required to bring my own 3DS? I don't have one or my own copy, but I still play a lot.

Also, I'm interested in a Project M tourney beside this

Valdens

Smash Ace
Will I be required to bring my own 3DS? I don't have one or my own copy, but I still play a lot.

Also, I'm interested in a Project M tourney beside this
Everyone's encouraged to bring one if possible, and I have three, so setups shouldn't be an issue.

and CH4LK, people are more than welcome to the smashfest if they can't make the tournament.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'll probably make this. But can I, at the very least, ask that Mii's and Palutena be allowed their custom moves since they are all unlocked from the beginning and thus everyone will have them? I refuse to use Palutena without her custom moves. :L

I am also interested in a P:M tourney as well.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'm unsure if I'll be able to make it now. School work is being a majory pain in the ass currently and I might have to stay and do some during the weekend.

CCCM89

Smash Ace
luckily, that won't be necessary now. i managed to get a new one, though now I have to go through the hell that is amazon returns, but still! I shall see you at your house in an hour or so.

Top Bottom